Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tracing a business for Small Claims Court

• 30-04-2012 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm trying to initiate Small Claim case against a 2-persons business (a partnership).

I have their mobile numbers, business registration number. I managed to get their address from CRO, but it hasn't been updated since 2008. Apparently they haven't filled up their accounts since 2009.

I know for fact they still operate. They also still have a website.

I don't know what else can I do here - who should I go to with this? I contacted National consumer agency, but they didn't really care, and send me off to Small Claim Court. They aren't exactly most helpful either, and unless they can serve the case to correct address - refuse to do anything else.

I was so desperate I went to have a look at the address of the business (private premises) and there is clearly someone else living there now.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

If you contact the Small Claims Court directly, they should be able to guide you.

I dealt with the Dublin Small Claims Court and found the staff excellent and really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭danindub

infacteh wrote: »
    If you contact the Small Claims Court directly, they should be able to guide you.

I dealt with the Dublin Small Claims Court and found the staff excellent and really helpful.

I did. I explained situation exactly same way as here. All I got was "we can't ask them for their current address. You have to provide us with it".

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

danindub wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm trying to initiate Small Claim case against a 2-persons business (a partnership).

I have their mobile numbers, business registration number. I managed to get their address from CRO, but it hasn't been updated since 2008. Apparently they haven't filled up their accounts since 2009.

I know for fact they still operate. They also still have a website.

Why would they be filing accounts if they are a partnership?

Can you attempt to employ them in a clever rouse to locate them?

Can you attempt to employ them in a clever rouse to locate them?

It's a driving school, so they don't really operate from their premises :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

danindub wrote: »
    It's a driving school, so they don't really operate from their premises :(

Where are the vehicles registered?

I'd say it depends how badly you want to bring them to court.

You could book them for a lesson, not show, and follow him home.

Then you'd have an address to send registered post to, to initiate the small claims procedure.

Where are the vehicles registered?

Don't have the reg plate. Interestingly, I'm pretty sure there were pictures of their cars on their website, but page seems to be now missing.

I'd say it depends how badly you want to bring them to court.

You could book them for a lesson, not show, and follow him home.

Then you'd have an address to send registered post to, to initiate the small claims procedure.

I think this is a bit extreme now ;) first, I don't drive (duh!) to follow him, secondary chances this is going to be his last lesson of a day are pretty small!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Ask local postman, (not post office).
    There will generally be a situation where mail has to be forwarded and the local postie will know.Do it in a casual fashion and you more than likely get a result.

• Advertisement
Advertisement