Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Pregnancy Scan Limerick

• 30-04-2012 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Does anyone know anywhere in Limerick that does private scans? I'm around 14 weeks pregnant but want to confirm this, going public so it could be 22 weeks before my first scan. I called MDU but they told me they only do dating scans up to 11 weeks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Staffords do scans, not sure if they do pregnancy scans. i had a scan there for gall stones. cost around 150. jsut saw thats MDU. im ure there is another place though.

Website says they do 3d scans at around 23 weeks!

http://mdu.ie/scans.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Heln

Thanks for that...had a 3d scan there on my first pregnancy and it was great, I'd highly recommend them. Was just hoping to get one done in the next week or two, didn't think there would be an issue with how far gone I was, lots of women get them around the 12-14 week mark for peace of mind. In fairness the girl on the phone said they might be able to do something with a letter from my GP saying I needed one but I don't want to go down that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Have you gotten an appt date for your booking in at limerick maternity yet? I just had a baby there 2 weeks ago and got a scan at my 14 wk booking in,did a private scan at mdu to find out gender at 22 weeks (highly recommend them) and had another growth scan at maternity at 31 weeks. They may have changed scan order though so why not give them a buzz and just ask when you'll be getting your scan. Congrats on the pregnancy btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Heln

I'm 15 weeks now and haven't heard anything yet, attended my GP at 10 weeks and he sent letter then so might just follow it up with him. Going on hols in a couple of weeks so was hoping to get called before then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi Heln,

Congrats on your news, I hope everything goes well for you. There's an excellent forum here on boards that should help you out and offer great support to other members, it can be found here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Heln wrote: »
    I'm 15 weeks now and haven't heard anything yet, attended my GP at 10 weeks and he sent letter then so might just follow it up with him. Going on hols in a couple of weeks so was hoping to get called before then.

It could take a while so,i went to gp at 3 1/2 weeks (tested v early),they wouldn't send my details off til i was 5 weeks and then scan was 9 weeks later. They will take holiday into account though if i doesn't suit and you can change appt til week after. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Heln wrote: »

Congratulations Heln,

try ringing the maternity and ask to be put through to ultrasound. They will do there best to fit you in, They recently changed the date of my 20 wk scan for me and were v helpful and friendly.

Advertisement