Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

window maintanance

• 30-04-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have one window in my house that needs to be tighten up a bit. Bit of a gap there when you close it and needs to be screwed tighter i think. It only the one window so don't want to call someone who will charge me a fortune to fix one window. Anyone recommend someone who might be able to do it for me and who won't charge me a fortune. Am in the city

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

MacWindows,
    Noel Mac 086 8233 345

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Pick yourself up a can of WD40 and give a good spray to the hinges and see does that sort you out before you call anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Pick yourself up a can of WD40 and give a good spray to the hinges and see does that sort you out before you call anyone

Altho no harm it's unlikely (read not going to!) to help... Oil unfortunately won't change the mechanical operation of your windows... It may make them easier to close though.

If there's a gap the hinges were prob not put in properly day one... I've seen this loads on newly installed windows.
    Of course you may be missing some draught excluder too.
    Marty.

Advertisement