Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR scheme & medicine

• 30-04-2012 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi guys. Does anybody know someone who got into medicine with the help of HEAR scheme? How many points did he/she obtain in the hpat? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Evaa

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Thanks for your answer. I would like to get to know the exact numer of points that a person got in hpat & lc so that he or she was given a place in a medical school.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

It all depends on competitiveness with how many people are applying for Med through the HEAR scheme. There'll be a dedicated amount of spots for HEAR students, and those who obtain the highest points will get the places (regardless of whether it's below or above the actual points required.).

Therefore you might get absolutely no reduction, or you may get a few points off. Generally for such in-demand courses you'd get a reduction of 5% or less..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I doubt anyone would release the exact number of points a HEAR applicant achieved in either test. It's nobody else's business really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

A student of mine last year got in...dropped out but that's irrelevant. I won't say what she got but 5% is a good rule of thumb...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 QueenofSpades

spurious wrote: »
    I doubt anyone would release the exact number of points a HEAR applicant achieved in either test. It's nobody else's business really.

Yeah some people might not want figures disclosed.. but for people who received decent hpat result today but not enough for med this year cant you understand why they want to see if medicine is an option with HEAR :)

Gaeilgegrinds1 Are you serious? That would be roughly 30 pts less? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

I know HEAR is a touchy subject for some people and I completely understand but if there was anyone who could give us a rough guideline that would be amazing.

I'm borderline with my HPAT results so if I could get in with HEAR I'd be over the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rathman

Hi all, I posted this message in the HPAT 2012 thread also, I didnt know there was a specific thread for us HEAR candidates :D. Was just wondering with HEAR do I stand a chance in med this year? I got a disappointing 175, 76th percentile in the HPAT and was just wondering would the HEAR push me over the edge? Say if I get 535 in the LC, giving me 710 med points, would I be considered. Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Advertisement