Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info on H1B??

Options
  • 30-04-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi there.
    I have been trying to get a green card for years now.
    Having lots of family (aunts and uncles) and friends in NY and visiting them every year, it is frustrating not being able to get a visa to move there!
    Anyway enough bitching. can anyone give me a simple explanation of how to apply for a H1B Visa or how it works? do i need a company to sponsor me for this visa?
    I have a bachelor of science in Computing and graduated from college 5 years ago.

Any info would be appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Yeah you need a company to sponsor you, they will do most of the paperwork. A bachelor is good, but a Master would be better, unless you also have a lot of professional qualifications.

Look on the website of major companies in your field for job openings that suit you. Monster.com and indeed.com are good job websites too. Another option would be to get hired by a multi-national in Ireland, such as Google or HP, then after a couple of years, ask for an intra-company transfer to the USA.

Advertisement