Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toasted sambo grafton street area

Options
  • 30-04-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I hate lunchtimes around grafton street area as it seems impossible to find a decent Pub that does a nice toasted sambo for lunch. Any ideas?

Kc peaches is too busy and too disorganised, o'neills is very hit and miss their selection of meats is often hard and dry, longstone pub won't toast a sambo only wraps (drives me mad) and O'briens on Westmorland street isn't very nice to sit in and their oven is broken at mo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I love a toasty with a pint of Guinness in Grogans. Can't be beaten!

cosmic wrote: »
    I love a toasty with a pint of Guinness in Grogans. Can't be beaten!

Just came in to say this. They do tea and coffee for the less hardened drinker :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

B*stard! I want one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tringirl

Perfect thanks very much guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

Grogans x 100000000000

best pint in the city centre,. Lovely sambos too.... (nicer after about 6 pints... not too filling, just enough to keep the edge off ):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Might be a bit far away but Fitzgeralds on Aston Quay does a great toasty and the chips are great too. Think they are only 4euro too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Neary's do a lovely toasted sambo too!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

chopser wrote: »
    Might be a bit far away but Fitzgeralds on Aston Quay does a great toasty and the chips are great too. Think they are only 4euro too.

+1 on that, I often get a triple decker with chips toasted, fills ya up (esp with pint:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Neary's do a lovely toasted sambo too!

Never had one toasted, but they do a great sandwich. Very simple, but always really fresh bread and nicely cooked chicken/beef/ham.
    Not that sliced packet shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

The Foggy Dew does a decent toasty n soup deal; can't rememebr the price though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridgepeople

Other options: the loft cafe on Grafton Street, Red Rose cafe on Dawson Street, Brewbaker cafes on Nassau Street and South Frederick Street.

They'll all do you a pretty good toasted sandwich.

Advertisement