Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vb.Net TreeView ListView problem

Options
  • 30-04-2012 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hey,

I have split container with a TreeView on the left hand side. (Panel 1)
    When the user clicks on File->Add, they're prompted for computer name.
    Once they hit OK, the following node with children is added.
    - Machine Name
      + System
        - Processor
        - Operating System
        - BIOS
      - Process
      - Applications
      + Users and Groups
        - Users
        - Groups
        - Profiles
      - Printers
      - Network
      - Services

Machine is a class itself and each child node also represents a class.

When the user clicks on a node, information is displayed in Panel 2 of split container.

Depending on the node selected, i hide or show a ListView control containing information.

This is fine for one machine but I'm unsure how to work with multiple machines...

Is there some way to bind a ListView to information in a class or do i need to create separate ListView controls for each machine added?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

When you say multiple machines, do you mean they can select multiple nodes at the same time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭superluck

The user can select just 1 machine at a time in the treeview control.
    Each machine is class with information about process, services, users and other system info.

I think i might have a solution to what i want.
    Started with a Form first but a UserControl seems better...

For each machine, I create a Panel and in that panel goes all the other controls associated with each part of the computer.

Each node has a tag and the tag points to a Control object so i toggle these on/off using the BringToFront() method.

I'll post some code later to demonstrate what I would like to do because I feel there's probably better way to write it than what i currently have.

Advertisement