Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy GAA - Football and Hurling

• 30-04-2012 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi Guys - we have got the fantasy gaa game running again for this years championship. www.gaamanager.com

We can setup a boards.ie mini league if your all interested?

Also open to suggestions

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

decymim wrote: »
    Hi Guys - we have got the fantasy gaa game running again for this years championship. www.gaamanager.com

We can setup a boards.ie mini league if your all interested?

Also open to suggestions

Thanks

I'd be interested in a league. MIght be worth mentioning it over on the GAA forum (if you haven't already).

One question: is Seanie Johnston down as a Kildare or Cavan player? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 decymim

Hi Lemlin, ;) cool!

oh and he is down as a cavan player (for now) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Website not working well. Can't filter players?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

It looks great but I can't help but imagine there will be balance issues, I'm not too sure about the points distribution. But then again, it hasn't started yet so we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Defo up for this, particulary the hurling. Will give the football a blast for giggles too.

Is this weekends game in New York included?

• Advertisement

Website not working well. Can't filter players?!?

Hi onecoldhand sorry about that - what browser are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Hi onecoldhand sorry about that - what browser are you using?

Firefox

Edit: wait a second, it was IE I was trying this on earlier (in work). On Firefox now and it's working fire. Either way, might be good for you to note it didn't work so good for me on IE!

Thanks for the tip!

I thought it was ridiculously tough to pick a team to be honest. I'm not liking the layout so far. (I know I'm being negative here, sorry!) But the thing with the transfers is that you can't filter players to their prices and some players are priced very poorly imo. What's Michael Quirke doing on the site? He's not playing inter-county anymore afaik. And he's priced at 10.6 million I think! I think an extermely vast amount of knowledge of the GAA is required to pick a good team on this. I don't even know if some of the players I picked start for their county teams simply because I was forced to pick Offaly and Fermanagh players due to their low cost! Anyways, the idea is great and I've told plenty of people about it and they agree. Looking forward to seeing it kick off and seing what it's like first-hand. My team is:
    McGrath

J Duane-Barry Cahill-B Menton

Darren Strong-Karl Lacey-Donal Vaughan

Aidan Walsh-Kieran Toner

Andy Moran-Bryan Cullen-John Doyle

Ben Brosnan-Peter Harte-Colm Cooper
    I'll probably change it a lot before it starts. The Gooch is also a doubt for the coming weeks so I might get rid of him depending on his injury. I basically piled all of my money into my forwards and picked cheap backs. I'll more than likely change Kieran Toner aswell. And I'm nearly positive Bryan Sheehan will be a must-have so I'll probably get him in. One word of advice to anyone (from a Kerryman).... There's no value in the Kerry midfield. Not for this game anyway.

The deadline for the football is today lads. 8 O' Clock. Should we make a boards league or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

FatRat wrote: »
    The deadline for the football is today lads. 8 O' Clock. Should we make a boards league or what?

I was gonna stick in a football team for a bit of craic, but like you say its overly hard to actually pick a team. Think I'll just wait and do a hurling team only.

KevIRL wrote: »
    I was gonna stick in a football team for a bit of craic, but like you say its overly hard to actually pick a team. Think I'll just wait and do a hurling team only.

The deadline is 6 o clock actually. Yeah, it was hard. And I've made loads of changes from the team I posted above aswell. I've been trying to get my head around the points system and who will get the most points based on it. The first game is tonight at 6 but after that the next game isn't for 2 weeks. So we should start the league in 2 weeks time, I think. But it doesn't seem like there is alot interested.

Am I allowed to make a league or does a mod have to or something?

GAA Manager Boards.ie mini league

Football:

Invite Code: 17edd2643a06a8d9c3e4bdec9697aa3d973c51a7

Hurling:

Invite Code: d00ce8de7f677b16860670cec79140ca3e002403

Goodluck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

deadline is not until the 20th happy days

Rastapitts wrote: »
    deadline is not until the 20th happy days

There was already a football match played though. I'm on 21 points with my one player, Adrian Marren. He scored 6 points against New York the last day.

GAA Manager Boards.ie mini league

Football:

Invite Code: 17edd2643a06a8d9c3e4bdec9697aa3d973c51a7

Hurling:

Invite Code: d00ce8de7f677b16860670cec79140ca3e002403

Goodluck!

Thos codes only work once I'm afraid! I can't enter because they've already been used.

Hi FatRat,

Let me look into that

Thanks

Advertisement