Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There one minute gone the next

• 30-04-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

I went to use my laser card yesterday, as I do most days.... And I input the PIN from a laser card I had years ago, twice. I've been racking my brain since then and I genuinely have no idea what my current PIN is. It's like the information just fell out of my head...

Is this normal cause I'm sorta worried!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Better get checked for Alzheimers man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Yes. There was probably some corruption in your memory so it's had to load the last backup.

Perfectly normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Stinicker wrote: »
    Better get checked for Alzheimers man

alzheimers is great, you meet new people every day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

alzheimers is great, you meet new people every day

Lets not go there, it is a terrible disease and I have seen many people waste away with it. However memory loss is one of the first signs and it can strike as early as the late forties and early fifties and is not some disease which strikes people in their seventies and up as alot of people think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

I'm 23. I've never completely forgotten something so basic. And I use it all the time! I can't even remember what numbers were involved let alone the order of them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I completely forgot my PIN last week after being away. Total blank. Tried two old PINs, knowing they wouldn't work. I'm 28.

I call these moments "brain farts".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Op I've got a memory what was i saying again ? :confused:
    Jaxxy wrote: »
    I completely forgot my PIN last week after being away. Total blank. Tried two old PINs, knowing they wouldn't work. I'm 28.

You're back :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

yeah same here, went to use my laser yesterday and it was saying incorrect PIN, don't use it that often though but do have the number written down somewhere.....

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Read this thread tried to think or my pin and.....you're not alone. Must be an epidemic, an artificial virus designed to stop a run on the banks!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I most sincerely hope it is normal otherwise I am fukced as well. I think everyone gets momentary lapses in memory.

I lost my car a week ago at the pavilion in Swords. Then I realised I don't have a car.

Nah I was on the wrong floor of the multi-story car-park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Sometimes when I am in the car I forget where I am going and have to rack my brain for a few minutes to remember.

For instance I was going from one part of town to the nearest aldi, and even though I have driven the route hundreds of times I honestly could not remember where the aldi was. So I got in the car and drove until I found it, it didn't take long because it was like my muscle memory took over from my actual memory and took me there.

I am 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Snowie wrote: »
    Op I've got a memory what was i saying again ? :confused:

You're back :eek:

I think I must have missed AH. :eek:

Speaking of car parks I once reported my car stolen from the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. About a half an hour later I realised I'd actually driven there in my mother's car and it was right where I'd left it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭rtron

Yes this happened me once, a couple of days after the birth of my son, so my brain was consumed by alot going on :-). It took a day or so before it came back to me. Weird experience though - when I tried to picture the number, all that appeared was a blank _ _ _ _
    Whether or not this is normal, I don't know. But I did feel sort of uneasy about the memory loss - Its been over 2 years now but it hasn't happened since.

Unless there are loads of other things I've forgotten but don't know it yet :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

My memory can be really bad like that at times.

Worse example I have is my dresser with 4 drawers. The 2 middle drawers, one has socks and underwear, the other has t-shirts. I don't know how many mornings after getting out of the shower I open the wrong drawer to get underwear, surely after a number of years I should be doing it subconsciously :o

Or this weekend, I got out of the shower and started to towel dry my hair only to see that it was still full of shampoo :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

I walked around for about 5-10 minutes the other day looking for my car keys..... that were in my hand.

I think I must have even changed hands at one stage while I was lifting the cushions off the sofa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Just dont think about it, let your subconscious "remember" as you key it in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

it happens to me somti............................oh look, a squirell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I think I must have missed AH. :eek:

Speaking of car parks I once reported my car stolen from the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. About a half an hour later I realised I'd actually driven there in my mother's car and it was right where I'd left it.

you were really excited about trying on your new shoes went you :D?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I thought this was a thread about dying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

IM0 wrote: »
    I thought this was a thread about dying

You actually missed the opportunity for a AH style madeleine mccann joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Happened to me too, just one day completely forgot my pin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

You actually missed the opportunity for a AH style madeleine mccann joke.

Nowadays you're about as likely to find Madeleine McCann jokes on AH as you are to, well, find Madeleine McCann.

Advertisement