Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

63% off Beats by Dre Headphones, Scam?

Options
  • 30-04-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Came up as a link on the side of Facebook and looks too good to be true? I know when it looks that way it usually is..the link is http://www.sellbeatsbydrdre.com/ The payment page isnt over https either so do you think its just a scam?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

if there isnt a physical address in the 'Contact Us' section, thats always a sign for me to stay clear.

That coupled with the usual..
    "if it sounds too good to be true....."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Yup, it's bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Plenty of counterfeit models knocking around so i'd avoid this. A good rule of thumb is that if the price is too good to be true then it usually is especially when chinese copies are readily available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

fwiw,
    When I was in the states at xmas this wouldve been the price of them in best buy, I have seen them cheaper online on those dodgy chinese websites as well. I wouldnt get them because they would probably get stopped at customs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Some things you have to buy from a reputable place and this is own of them.
    I've seen some fake Beats, and they're worth probably €5. Not bad sound out of them to be very honest, but you look like a complete shitebag.

Anything with sell, or wesell, or cheap or anything like that as the website name, stay away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

the funny thing, fake beats are probably of better quality than the real thing.

save your money and buy a pair of HD 201's from senns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Is it wrong that I want to punch in the face anybody I see wearing "Beats by Dre"?
    ntlbell wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Is it wrong that I want to punch in the face anybody I see wearing "Beats by Dre"?

I'm with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I don't think anyone actually buys them for the sound quality in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

s.welstead wrote: »
    I don't think anyone actually buys them for the sound quality in fairness

Motherf**ers act like they forgot about sound stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

pretty much lie of the year so far for boards

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

TheDoc wrote: »
    pretty much lie of the year so far for boards

Which part? Beats headphones are terrible and immensely overpriced so it has to be about the Sennheissers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Congrats

You just found a bargain :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD201-Closed-Back-Headphones/dp/B0007XJSQC

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Jarren wrote: »

I got mine on amazon about 2/3 years ago roughly the same price think they're always there or there abouts. but for the price they're really hard to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I was in HMV on Saturday and I heard the guy at the next till ask the assistant "are these the HD ones?" as he handed this box over to which the assistant replies with "yeah..".

I look over to see this hideous looking Beats By Dre headphones and €299.99 being rung up on the til..

:eek:

And we're supposed to be in a recession... €300 for a pair of headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Some right bargain HTC beats on donedeal. Better than the real thing the seller informed me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I hear audio rips from youtube sound great on beats

All the Kool Hipster kids listen to Sony Walkmen Tape players.
    I hear audio rips from youtube sound great on beats

I leave a walkie talkie beside my gramophone at home

• Advertisement

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!

jzjLQ.jpg

I leave a walkie talkie beside my gramophone at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

This whole thread reeks of "hi i'm in my late 30's/ early 40's and I dont fall for these god damn gimmicks anymore.. back in my day we used..." get a grip guys if you don't like the headphones dont ****ing comment simple as.

and no I don't own a pair, I use Sennheiser cx300's.

Etnies wrote: »
    This whole thread reeks of "hi i'm in my late 30's/ early 40's and I dont fall for these god damn gimmicks anymore.. back in my day we used..." get a grip guys if you don't like the headphones dont ****ing comment simple as.

I'm 16 your argument is invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Basq wrote: »
    And we're supposed to be in a recession... €300 for a pair of headphones?

It's quite incredible. I'd love to know how much they cost to manufacture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I have a pair of Tours, and I went from Sen to these, I didnt think there could be that much difference and I am not one of listening to some tuba player eat a chicken sambo while waiting for his one part of the song, but I found the Tour ones much better. My wife got the Studio Hd ones and they sound even better.
    We both got them as presents because we were looking to buy them in the states

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

You have to hand it to their marketing department - all of a sudden millions of people care about sound quality even though they never gave it a thought before - the €10 in ear earphones were fine before, but now they think that Beatz by Dre is the be all and end all. I have not heard them myself - I hear they are 'ok' but not fantastic, just fantastically overpriced. If anyone is thinking about high end headphones, just get the Sennheiser HD25's - about half the price and have been one of the most popular choices for DJ's for years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Etnies wrote: »

Yes Mein Führer!

In all seriousness though, if people didn't share there opinion then other would fall victim to the scam that is beats by dr dre rather then getting sennheisers or another good brand that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Jeez. I often chuckle at people falling over themselves to own the latest iphone or tablet PC, but at least they're paying their money for a piece of cutting edge technology. Paying 300 smackers for decades old technology that probably costs a couple of euro to manufacture though? Somebody, somewhere is literally laughing their ass off all the way to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Would u punch Jamie heaslip??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

LOL at what you are a mod for!! holy cow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement