Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

63% off Beats by Dre Headphones, Scam?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

A pair of Grado SR60 or 80 are a slightly better proposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Would u punch Jamie heaslip??

I'm from Tallaght.

He would _****_ his pants on the dort home lioke.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭mrm

Etnies wrote: »
    This whole thread reeks of "hi i'm in my late 30's/ early 40's and I dont fall for these god damn gimmicks anymore.. back in my day we used..." get a grip guys if you don't like the headphones dont ****ing comment simple as.

and no I don't own a pair, I use Sennheiser cx300's.

This whole post reeks of "hi i'm (small i for coolness) hidden behind my keyboard in my self importance and i don't accept opinions..." get a grip guy person if you dont like the opinions dont ****ing try to get saddle rash from your high horse simple as enter public forums simple as

and yes, I'm listening to this thread on my specsavers 2 for 1.

Basq is right, 300 for headphones, though not just in a recession but defended by some in a bargain alerts forum.:confused: Of course it is just someones opinion and I fully accept it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Oh how I love these threads!

I bought a pair of Etymotic ER-4P in-ear headphones for €300 back in 2005. They were supposedly, at the time, the best sounding in-ear headphones available and I still have them. They do sound amazing and isolate noise extremely well, but I got tired of how they felt in my ears so I haven't used them for quite some time.

Audio is such a subjective topic that no matter what anybody says, there will always be someone who disagrees. At the end of the day, if people feel comfortable in spending large amounts of money on headphones, in-ear headphones or whatever kind of phones, so be it. There are plenty of independent, online sources of information that people can avail of in order to make an informed decision before purchasing such items, that I don't feel sorry when someone wastes their money on something I feel is a rip-off, I just feel sorry that they didn't think to do a bit of research first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

I test bluetooth headsets for a living from all 3rd party vendors. If it's popular we buy it and test it. Beat seem good but are a tad overpriced and give pretty good A2DP stereo audio and up until recently (as I have only used them a few times) I thought they were good. Well its not true. They are over priced and have a lot of problems with pairing. I test these headsets in a very technical capacity such as getting a bluetooth capture of any problem of the issue with specialized hardware. In summary: looks good, sounds good but lots of problems. By the way we buy this stuff and cost is never a problem, it being popular is more popular to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Worst thread ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Etnies wrote: »
    This whole thread reeks of "hi i'm in my late 30's/ early 40's and I dont fall for these god damn gimmicks anymore.. back in my day we used..." get a grip guys if you don't like the headphones dont ****ing comment simple as.

Lol! The highlighted part is borderline retarded!

I got a mental image that this poster was one of those 14 year old girls who replies to every criticism with "you're just jealous!!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They cost 300 quid?! Not enough lols in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Sennheisers HD 25's.

Do yourself a favour if your considering getting Beats. Even get the Adidas HD 25s if you want a more stylish pair.

/end thread

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I use cheap oul inner ear ones for listening to music. Sound quality does me and if they get wrecked you don't really care.
    In the studio I've s collection of headphones. My 2 favourites are a pair if AKG and a cheap pair of Philips. I think the AKG were €95. These don't leave the studio as they are big Formula 1 style yokes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Beats-By-Dr.-Dre.jpg

Alright lads..

.. that's the end of that!

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement