Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

The producers could have a major dilemma on their hands next week.

A bottom 2 of Rylan and Christopher is now a possibility when you look at the contenders that are left. Now that is a tricky scenario. Send home Chris, prevent him from winning and ruining the show, whilst as a result heaping more hatred upon Rylan. How much is too much? I really think Rylan has ran his course and if he were to go next week he could leave with his head high and with a lot of respect.

Send home Rylan, emphasize the singing element, whilst guaranteeing Chris a rebound vote that will last who knows how long.

Union J will probably get a rebound vote so is their best bet to simply scrap the sing off and let the public choose who leaves? It could be their best option you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

At the end of the day it often does not matter who wins. Second, Third, Forth and lesser placed finalist have gone on to have better success than the winners.
    Like them or loathe them Jedward would be an example, JLS a better example.
    You get the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

One of the lads from Union J is good enough to be solo tbh. Not sure which it is though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Were Union J a group from the beginning or were they put together later on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Were Union J a group from the beginning or were they put together later on?

They were originally a three piece and George was added in then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

O_o was that girl on the toliet?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭joedared

if you watch from the start again as louis is been introduced he takes a gulp. Suggestedb to me that he knew what was going to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Stumbled across this article. Dunno if any of you have heard or read about this, but really quite sad. Apparently his father was only arrested when he took a blowtorch to their mother. :eek:

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/199992-jahmene-douglas-opens-up-about-the-brother-who-saved-his-life/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

K.Flyer wrote: »
    At the end of the day it often does not matter who wins. Second, Third, Forth and lesser placed finalist have gone on to have better success than the winners.
    Like them or loathe them Jedward would be an example, JLS a better example.
    You get the point.
    1D the best example - taken the world by storm & didn't win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Hersheys wrote: »
    1D the best example - taken the world by storm & didn't win.

Exactly, and Rebbeca Ferguson was second and we see and hear more of her than that years winner Matt Cardle.

Funny enough as you mention 1 Direction, does anyone remember when Simon Cowell went backstage during bootcamp to convince Zayn Malik, to stay in the competition. This was before they even thought of putting them together as a group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The Fix Factor certainly have it in for Jahmene...I have to say, I find myself agreeing with these :o

14415_368400896586073_1643977034_n.jpg

316573_365735230185973_1953966882_n.jpg

254331_360217990737697_1077478221_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The Fix Factor certainly have it in for Jahmene...I have to say, I find myself agreeing with these :o

I don't, I think Jahmene has been consistently good this series. They have been very harsh this time.

Skid wrote: »
    I don't, I think Jahmene has been consistently good this series. They have been very harsh this time.

I didn't like him at first, then I liked him for the first few shows, but now I can't stand his screeching again. His version of Listen was absolutely dire and the judges praised it so much. I listened to the start of Angels and had to forward through the rest. His warbling and over-singing is ruining him for me. He has a great voice but isn't a very good singer. I wish they'd get him to tone it down. I still think he's a lovely guy though and hope he does well out of this, just not my cup of tea at all.

I like Jahmene but I'm sick of hearing 'world class'. He's not. It's becoming repetitive now and I find myself dozing off during his performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I loved the "dubstep" by James :D:D:D

The biased comments are so predictable at this stage its beyond funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If Chris wins the competition its the end of X Factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

mikeym wrote: »

Not really a fan of Chris but I don't see why it would be the end of the show if he wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Not surprised that the boybands went head to head was expecting it last weekend. I always thought district 3 were way better than union J during the live shows but up till the weekend, union J are a bit better I think and suited to fame at this point. Always been behind district 3 but agree with the judges!

As regards rylan still stunned he still in the show but he a good performer but his vocals could do with some work. As for Chris, I am still surprised he still in the competition, was sure rylan and chris be in the bottom two last night. I agree with the judges on chris he really only suited to something else outside of xfactor.

Heather, Jahmien and James are my top three to win it at this stage but still hard to tell! I am all for Heather and James. Loved James song last night! He has done so well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

AdElla suppose to be gone way down in voting

doovdela wrote: »
    Not surprised that the boybands went head to head was expecting it last weekend. I always thought district 3 were way better than union J during the live shows but up till the weekend, union J are a bit better I think and suited to fame at this point. Always been behind district 3 but agree with the judges!

As regards rylan still stunned he still in the show but he a good performer but his vocals could do with some work. As for Chris, I am still surprised he still in the competition, was sure rylan and chris be in the bottom two last night. I agree with the judges on chris he really only suited to something else outside of xfactor.

Heather, Jahmien and James are my top three to win it at this stage but still hard to tell! I am all for Heather and James. Loved James song last night! He has done so well!

Who's Heather?!

• Advertisement

Who's Heather?!

Sorry got the name wrong - ella is it...I am very bad with names sorry!:o

It dont matter who wins usually the runner up or other contestants do better anyways

Sorry got the name wrong - ella is it...I am very bad with names sorry!:o

Haha I figured that's who you meant, only girl left :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Just watched the results getting called out again on itv2. When they went to the break with the 3 acts remaining, Christopher and the 2 groups, they supplied all of them with microphones. If you look at the stills of Christopher getting through in this article he has a mic in his hand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2231577/X-Factor-2012-Christopher-Maloney-faces-abuse-crowd-hes-saved-public-AGAIN-The-X-Factor.html

Immediately after he got through all the boys gathered round and they all had their mics in hand as well so it seems they stuck in the extra ad break to distribute them.

I've never seen it done this way before, or am I imagining things? Would it have been that much hassle to have a couple of runners come out on stage and make sure 2 bands had microphones?

Just watched the results getting called out again on itv2. When they went to the break with the 3 acts remaining, Christopher and the 2 groups, they supplied all of them with microphones. If you look at the stills of Christopher getting through in this article he has a mic in his hand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2231577/X-Factor-2012-Christopher-Maloney-faces-abuse-crowd-hes-saved-public-AGAIN-The-X-Factor.html

Immediately after he got through all the boys gathered round and they all had their mics in hand as well so it seems they stuck in the extra ad break to distribute them.

I've never seen it done this way before, or am I imagining things? Would it have been that much hassle to have a couple of runners come out on stage and make sure 2 bands had microphones?

I imagine they did it to make it quicker and smoother. Why else would it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I imagine they did it to make it quicker and smoother. Why else would it be?

To completely shred the last nerve Christopher has left?

To completely shred the last nerve Christopher has left?

I think people are reading far too into things. They've done the revealing after the break thing many times over the years. It's for drama and suspense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

egan2020 wrote: »
    Not really a fan of Chris but I don't see why it would be the end of the show if he wins.

I couldnt see people buying his album and the whole point of the competition is to make loads of money for Sony Bmg/syco.

I couldnt see people buying his album and the whole point of the competition is to make loads of money for Sony Bmg/syco.

Most of the winners have sold feck all albums.

• Advertisement

Its the person who will sell the most albums will win in the end of the day like! Not Chris and Rylan anyway. They good performers like but who buy their albums? Rylan another jedward like? The rest of the contestants you'd buy their album like! I know myself from last year and previous years whose music I'd download like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Its the person who will sell the most albums will win in the end of the day like! Not Chris and Rylan anyway. They good performers like but who buy their albums? Rylan another jedward like? The rest of the contestants you'd buy their album like! I know myself from last year and previous years whose music I'd download like!

Thats a lot of likes there. Do you think this is facebook or something?

Also when you get a chance, look at the figures for Jedward's record sales. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Quazzie wrote: »
    Thats a lot of likes there. Do you think this is facebook or something?

Also when you get a chance, look at the figures for Jedward's record sales. ;)

From Cork perhaps?

Jewards new song is pretty alright.:o

That's not true at all. One Direction have easily outsold Matt, Olly has outsold Joe, JLS have outsold Alexandra...

LizT wrote: »
    That's not true at all. One Direction have easily outsold Matt, Olly has outsold Joe, JLS have outsold Alexandra...

Oh ya I know what you mean, the ones that don't win often outshine the ones that do!

No not from cork, but not far from it. Can't help it, it drops into conversation a bit too much can't help it Sorry! I know jedward have done well for themselves but they perform well that's all it is. Vocally terrible like rylan. Chris more suited to karaoke and musicals neither xfactor material!

I know I meant to say the likely ones to sell a lot of albums not the most will likely win as the winner may or may not sell the most albums more than likely be the ones that be runner up or the ones that don't win. Like have we heard of matt and eh little mix since?? not much of them. One direction yes, olly murs yes, leonie lewis yes, alexandra yes and those that have been in xfactor but not won have done very well for themselves. I've my favourites! There has been those of deserving winners who win and those that don't, one direction should have won it last year but might have impacted on their success if they did! I'd listen to them and I'm a 20 something and not ashamed!

Though think xfactor are trying to win the ratings against strictly dancing but can't see it competing any more, strictly has outdone it and is a bit more exciting and better to watch, Is there really 2-3 more years of the xfactor contract in the UK?

A double boot be on the cards?? :/

• Advertisement

No not from cork, but not far from it. Can't help it, it drops into conversation a bit too much can't help it Sorry! I know jedward have done well for themselves but they perform well that's all it is. Vocally terrible like rylan. Chris more suited to karaoke and musicals neither xfactor material!

I know I meant to say the likely ones to sell a lot of albums not the most will likely win as the winner may or may not sell the most albums more than likely be the ones that be runner up or the ones that don't win. Like have we heard of matt and eh little mix since?? not much of them. One direction yes, olly murs yes, leonie lewis yes, alexandra yes and those that have been in xfactor but not won have done very well for themselves. I've my favourites! There has been those of deserving winners who win and those that don't, one direction should have won it last year but might have impacted on their success if they did! I'd listen to them and I'm a 20 something and not ashamed!

Though think xfactor are trying to win the ratings against strictly dancing but can't see it competing any more, strictly has outdone it and is a bit more exciting and better to watch, Is there really 2-3 more years of the xfactor contract in the UK?

A double boot be on the cards?? :/

Little Mix have had two number 1s and have an album coming out.

One Direction weren't last year, they were two years ago. And they didn't deserve to win over Matt or Rebecca. They've obviously done a lot better since but they weren't nearly as good or talented as either of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah a remember a few train wrecks courtesy of 1D on X Factor (Rihanna's Only Girl In the World anyone?). Pretty sure their first live performance was pretty horrendous too.

Cowell clearly spared no expense in helping these guys make it big, finding them the perfect songs suited to them. Compare their first single to Cardle's Run For Your Life? Jesus I'm cringing just thinking of that song and video. :o You'd swear Cowell was trying to sabotage him. :pac:

Little Mix have had two number 1s and have an album coming out.

One Direction weren't last year, they were two years ago. And they didn't deserve to win over Matt or Rebecca. They've obviously done a lot better since but they weren't nearly as good or talented as either of them.

Oh right. I'd forgotten to be honest. Lost count when they were on xfactor, i'd remember them being on but can't remember sometimes which year!

Well good for them just haven't heard about Little Mix much since they won.

They only won last year though, right? Generally, the winning act disappears for the year after they've won, working on songs and whatever it is they're contracted to do. Then they properly arrive on the scene the following year with a new song/their first album, when X Factor is back on and in vogue again. You'll probably hear loads from them from now on.

Ya they won last year. Thought one direction was the runner up or was that a different group!? Or was that JLS1?

ah I see. But I thought Leonie, Shane and Alexandra broke into the charts as soon as they won? One Direction have been popular all year round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Well good for them just haven't heard about Little Mix much since they won.
    It was only last year that Little Mix won it though. Generally, the winning act pretty much disappears after they've won, working on songs and whatever it is they're contracted to do. Then the following year, just as soon as X Factor is back on and in vogue and interest is at a peak again, they properly arrive on the scene with the launch of a new song/their first album. You'll probably hear loads from them from now on.

• Advertisement

Ya they won last year. Thought one direction was the runner up or was that a different group!? Or was that JLS1?

ah I see. But I thought Leonie, Shane and Alexandra broke into the charts as soon as they won? One Direction have been popular all year round?

One Direction were on the 2010 show. It was only around summer 2011 that they released their first single.

All winners release a single when they win. Little Mix released Cannonball last year and it got to number 1. Then they disappear for months and they usually reappear with a second single and a debut album around the time the lives shows for the next series are starting, so their promoting of their album and single coincides with the hype of X Factor being on our tellies.

Marcus Collins was the runner-up last year to Little Mix.

JLS were runners up to Alexandra Burke, way back in 2008!

Its shows who and when you forget these things if they are true stars or not. Ah is that so. Right ah I see now thanks for the reminder!

I like popjustice's ideas about an expanded judging panel next year - Louis+Nicole+Simon+Kylie+Dannii+Sharon :)

http://www.popjustice.com/briefing/why-kylie-should-join-the-x-factor-panel-and-what-should-also-happen-when-she-does-that/104521/
    If either Kylie or Dannii won’t commit to a full series, and if six judges is too many, we’d suggest introducing a judge called MINOGUE, who could be Kylie one week, Dannii the next, as diaries permit etc. They could even switch Minogues during ad breaks on the live shows. No reference would be made to the fact that the Minogue had changed.

Skid wrote: »
    I like popjustice's ideas about an expanded judging panel next year - Louis+Nicole+Simon+Kylie+Dannii+Sharon :)

http://www.popjustice.com/briefing/why-kylie-should-join-the-x-factor-panel-and-what-should-also-happen-when-she-does-that/104521/

:P

All joking aside, I think Simon is already lining up Cheryl to replace Tulisa. I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Nicole has surprised me actually, she's far more suited to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

cgpg5 wrote: »

All joking aside, I think Simon is already lining up Cheryl to replace Tulisa. I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Yes have to agree CP, Tulisa is very annoying, though if you remember when Nicole filled in for Cheryl last year she was excellent, it was just in the USA she sort of fell apart. She's great fun. Yes I'd love to see her and Cheryl paired, more of an even match I'd say. Gazza has to go, even though I love him, his heart is just not in it. Now who would you replace him with hmmmmmmmm don't think Simon will be able to commit but you never know.

I'd be very surprised if Cheryl has anything to do with X Factor again. I doubt she'd swallow her pride and come back after how she was treated by Simon.

Although it might depend on the success of the Girls Aloud comeback :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'd be very surprised if Cheryl has anything to do with X Factor again. I doubt she'd swallow her pride and come back after how she was treated by Simon.

Although it might depend on the success of the Girls Aloud comeback :D

Wasn't she Gary's right-hand person in the judges' houses?

Wasn't she Gary's right-hand person in the judges' houses?

Uhhhh...maybe...

:o

Aye a nice pay package will do her no harm either :pac:

Tulisa's on her last legs. She's not half as popular as last series and people are just getting fed up of her. She's also a rubbish singer, who's solo career is already likely to go down the drain in no time at all, so that doesn't really help her credibility as a judge on a talent show

Aye a nice pay package will do her no harm either :pac:

Tulisa's on her last legs. She's not half as popular as last series and people are just getting fed up of her. She's also a rubbish singer, who's solo career is already likely to go down the drain in no time at all, so that doesn't really help her credibility as a judge on a talent show

Tulisa is a better singer than Cheryl

The one judge that defo needs to go is Gary Borelow and the cards he reads from, get a judge with personality who can hold there own and banter themselves without use pre written cards :rolleyes:

I think Simon should defo keep Nicole and Lulu Walsh for next year

• Advertisement
Advertisement