Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Wasn't she Gary's right-hand person in the judges' houses?

She said she only did that as a favour to Gary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tulisa is a better singer than Cheryl

The one judge that defo needs to go is Gary Borelow and the cards he reads from, get a judge with personality who can hold there own and banter themselves without use pre written cards :rolleyes:

I think Simon should defo keep Nicole and Lulu Walsh for next year

As bad and all as Cheryl is, she's not as bad a singer as Tulisa and that's saying something! She's certainly a better performer (see tulisa at BGT- carcrash!) Although she has many detractors, she's universally more liked than Tulisa and I think her return would definitely help boost ratings.

She may not be much of a singer but her band has been incredibly successful (far more than NDubz) and her solo career has been successful too you'd have to say. I can't see Tulisa getting another album, even if she does it will flop disastrously. Her second song had/has more dislikes than likes on YouTube!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/s103/the-x-factor/news/a438175/x-factor-winners-single-to-avoid-christmas-chart-battle.html

This year's X Factor winner's single will not directly participate in the race for Christmas number one.
    The final for this year's show is expected to fall on December 9, with the winner's single to be released hours after the champion is declared at Manchester Arena.
    The winner will therefore release their debut single two weeks before the Christmas number one is announced, meaning it has been withdrawn from the direct race, reports BBC Newsbeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

cgpg5 wrote: »
    As bad and all as Cheryl is, she's not as bad a singer as Tulisa and that's saying something! She's certainly a better performer (see tulisa at BGT- carcrash!) Although she has many detractors, she's universally more liked than Tulisa and I think her return would definitely help boost ratings.

She may not be much of a singer but her band has been incredibly successful (far more than NDubz) and her solo career has been successful too you'd have to say. I can't see Tulisa getting another album, even if she does it will flop disastrously. Her second song had/has more dislikes than likes on YouTube!!

I don't like either of them but Tulisa has a far better voice than Cheryl. With the type of music they sing, you never actually get to hear what kind of voices they have because the songs are crap and full of autotune. The only time I've seen her perform was with Little Mix in the final last year and I couldn't believe how beautiful her voice was, singing live. I've seen Cheryl perform a few times, but since she lip syncs I can only go on the one or two recordings I've heard of her ACTUALLY singing live and she really doesn't have a great voice at all. She's very pretty and very marketable, that's why she sells records.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

i think they should get rid of all judges, bring back simon, noel gallagher, rihanna andand maybe bring danii back!!
    louis and gary are clowns..tulisa(no comment) and nicole is a head wrecker!!

i think they should get rid of all judges, bring back simon, noel gallagher, rihanna andand maybe bring danii back!!
    louis and gary are clowns..tulisa(no comment) and nicole is a head wrecker!!
    Rihanna would be truly awful tbh

why u say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Completely agree and Noel Gallagher wouldn't be much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

egan2020 wrote: »
    Completely agree and Noel Gallagher wouldn't be much better.

Noel Gallagher would be hilarious!

• Advertisement

why u say that?
    Impossible to see what she would bring to table? She'd be an awful mentor and I can't see her giving a toss on it.. That and the fact she doesn't appear to be all there if you know what I mean. PR wise she'd be a disaster she'd probably say something controversial every week

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Okay, it's nice, but there's no need for tears, Nicole.
    well they have nicole in tears. i'm loving this.

She was told her granny had died just before the show...so I'd say that's why she was so emotional :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Didnt Simon want Adele as a judge at one stage, dont think she would do it now anyways

I could nearly see Simon having One Direction as judges next year to help ratings :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

James let the cat out of the bag when being red carpet interviewed with Rylan on his (and possibly everyone else's) views on Phoney Maloney, had to laugh at Rylans reaction, scroll down for video

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-2012-james-arthur-blasts-gary-barlow-diva-christopher-maloney-video/

Impossible to see what she would bring to table? She'd be an awful mentor and I can't see her giving a toss on it.. That and the fact she doesn't appear to be all there if you know what I mean. PR wise she'd be a disaster she'd probably say something controversial every week

That's exactly why I think she would be class...and really hot!plus she is a hit machine and so she can back everything she says...actually think she is too cool for the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Is it two songs this week or is it too early for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I think it's just one song each tonight. Shorter show than usual as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I think it's just one song each tonight. Shorter show than usual as well.
    Maybe there will be less adds but thats prob just wishful thinking

le la rat wrote: »
    Maybe there will be less adds but thats prob just wishful thinking

Doubtful :(

Union J get the pimp slot this week ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Is this not the week that they all visit their hometowns? or is it too early?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Guilty pleasures.... hmmm this should be 'interesting'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

terribly song choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Please CALL and get these bellends of the stage.

They'd better hope the girls pick up the phone, 'cos that was a pretty pedestrian performance tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Its a brutal song. I am not sure anyone could sound alright singing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Shame that most girls HATE that song!!!! Like Tulisa said, it is hard to seperate from the song, cos you hear it and want to tear your ears off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Ella is far nicer with her hair down.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

I think Ella is good....but she's very 'shouty', like she loses it in some of the notes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Why is she slowing this down????? Do not slow down this song!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Wow. I'm sitting here with chills

• Advertisement

She sounds great tonight.

Jesus - imaging telling someone "Your the one that I want!" while sounding that depressed about it! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Wow. I'm sitting here with chills

light the fire then

She also drives me mental cos she doesn't enunciate some words properly!! Grrrr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm so sick of her singing slow songs. Boring.

Howjoe1 wrote: »

light the fire then

No need now.. songs over :P

Is Gary on drugs?
    Is he watching/listening to the same performance?

She is getting a bit "same-y" each week, still the best singer in the show by a coutnry mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I like Ella's voice but that song makes absolutely no sense slowed down.

• Advertisement

That's meant to be a fun song!! It just doesn't work being slowed down! Nicole is right.

wicklowdub wrote: »
    She is getting a bit "same-y" each week, still the best singer in the show by a coutnry mile.

What do you think of jahmene?

I thought that song was completely schite!

Nicole keeps forgetting Ella's 16..... funny that, because the judges mention it every flippin' week.

lila44 wrote: »
    What do you think of jahmene?

He just sings the same some each week doesnt he? and looks like louis hamilton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I thought it was really boring performance. I really hoped it would kick into life at some stage. She has a bit of an annoying personality as well.

• Advertisement

Woohoo James!!!

cofy wrote: »
    I like Ella's voice but that song makes absolutely no sense slowed down.

I don't see why people have such a problem with that song slowed down. Makes perfect sense having it as a love ballad

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I don't see why people have such a problem with that song slowed down. Makes perfect sense having it as a love ballad

Yeah, I actually quite enjoyed it. Much better than last week.

wicklowdub wrote: »

He just sings the same some each week doesnt he? and looks like louis hamilton.

I disagree, he has a style for sure, but for me he's simply fantastic! Gives me chills every week, you can tell he puts everything into it!

James is worried he won't get a recording contract if he doesn't win....riiiiight!! No worries there James! And I LOOOVE this - this is how it should be done!!! This guy is class!

• Advertisement
Advertisement