Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rylan...bloody brilliant! His best so far, he sang and performed so well. He's such a pro!

Edit: surprised the judges don't like it :(

Ah now let's not go too far now - he can't really sing! But he is a good entertainer :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Rylan...bloody brilliant! His best so far, he sang and performed so well. He's such a pro!

Edit: surprised the judges don't like it :(

Pissing myself at the exchange with Gary! My bf came running in and had to rewind to show him :D Surely that'll get Rylan a few extra votes...love him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

Even though I watch every week I have not thought much of the show this year.Except this week.Thought the show was great! Ella,Union J excellent.Rylan I know he's novelty but he's quite charismatic and his response to Gary was priceless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jesus, a bit heavy on the blush there Nicole!

6 great performances tonight I have to say. Ella, James, Christopher and Union J had pitch perfect performances.

I've said it before...I love Jahmene as a person, he seems so sweet and lovely. I liked most of his song tonight but again the over-singing and screeching ruined parts of it for me.

I hope the final 3 is James, Ella and Union J but I suspect Jahmene will be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I actually think Christopher could be in trouble for the first time tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Union J- Poor, didn't like it and bad song choice imo. Rebound vote will probably be enough though

Ella- Boring. That song was never ever meant to be slowed down :mad:

James- Loved it. Performance of the night. Showing superb versatility. Class act

Rylan- The cheesy performances are getting old now I hate to say. Very poor and is in big trouble. The psychic will be proven right methinks

Chris- Vocally perfect. Judges playing good reverse psychology it seems. Won't make much difference, he'll be safe

Jahmene- Was decent, kind o boring, but I really like this guy. X factor winner 2013 methinks

Does Tulisa hate Chris or what? Probably cos he's not giving her 16 year old act (almost 20 years younger than him) the time of day. Would she ever grow up. Pathetic

Pound for pound he was the best tonight, after James imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ya know, ya know, ya know,
    Ya know ?
    Ya know,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

"There is not a single member of union j that I wouldn't let feed petit fliou to me with their fingers" - Chris O'Dowd. He is on fire tonight! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    "There is not a single member of union j that I wouldn't let feed petit fliou to me with their fingers" - Chris O'Dowd. He is on fire tonight! :P

He is very funny, pity he's always half pissed when he's on tv:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just catching up now, I love Dermot :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

dcmm wrote: »
    He is very funny, pity he's always half pissed when he's on tv:cool:

The only way to take the show! LOL stpatrick4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

You have pint there I suppose;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Union J- Poor, didn't like it and bad song choice imo. Rebound vote will probably be enough though

Ella- Boring. That song was never ever meant to be slowed down :mad:

James- Loved it. Performance of the night. Showing superb versatility. Class act

Rylan- The cheesy performances are getting old now I hate to say. Very poor and is in big trouble. The psychic will be proven right methinks

Chris- Vocally perfect. Judges playing good reverse psychology it seems. Won't make much difference, he'll be safe

Jahmene- Was decent, kind o boring, but I really like this guy. X factor winner 2013 methinks

While, for me, James is clearly the best of the lot and should win, I have a suspicion that Jahmene is going to do it for some reason. I'm not a fan of the over-singing, riff after riff, melismatic school of singing that he comes from, but there is something undeniably likeable about him. He seems like a very sweet, humble guy, whereas James comes across as quite intense. I think Jahmene's personality could win him the whole thing.

• Advertisement

My thoughts

Union J - Actually a good song choice, it will appeal to their fans. There's something a bit bland about them though

Ella - Snore. I'm getting bored of her now. I don't like how she can't really accept criticism either

James - Amazing as usual. Does something different every week, I love him so much!

Rylan - I didn't like it :( Think he'll be gone this week :(

Chris - Snore as usual but the judges bad comments will ensure he's through to next week

Jahmene - Again, he just doesn't do it for me, he doesn't excite me and I think he oversings some songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

And by the way, Rylan is one of the best people that's ever been on the show. He is just class.

And by the way, Rylan is one of the best people that's ever been on the show. He is just class.

I was thinking earlier, he's my favourite novelty act/underdog ever. Even over Jedward and Wagner. He just seems like an all-round great guy. Everyone seems to like him and get on with him. He's funny, self-deprecating, and completely realistic about his chances in the competition. He wants to be famous for something and he doesn't try and pretend otherwise.

I think I will eternally love Rylan for his response to borelow's question :D

I was thinking earlier, he's my favourite novelty act/underdog ever. Even over Jedward and Wagner. He just seems like an all-round great guy. Everyone seems to like him and get on with him. He's funny, self-deprecating, and completely realistic about his chances in the competition. He wants to be famous for something and he doesn't try and pretend otherwise.

Agree! Can't help but get the feeling his time is over now though...

I really think Phony topped the votes last week. The judges just seem to have given up with him and I'd say the producers are the same. A decent slot on the show and a fairly good VT I must say. I can only think they're going for a last gasp attempt to get him out and that's by employing reverse psychology. Had he been near the bottom last week they'd have surely been nasty again as they would have believed it was taking affect with the public. It would appear not.

I don't get all this criticism of him not getting on with other acts. He's ten years older at least than everyone else, I don't blame him for not hanging off them 24/7.

Would love if Ella was bottom 2 she bores me to tears. She'll probably get enough votes though :(

Could James be in trouble? His fanbase seem to be young adults who don't really vote. The teenage girls have union J, granny's have Maloney, casual fans have Rylan, and then the rest is probably generally split between Ella and Jahmene. Tonight's vote will be very interesting

• Advertisement

Jahmene is the favourite to win it now, I think Ella will come second and James will be third. That would be the best result all around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That guy Jamie from Union J looks really out of place in the group.

LizT wrote: »
    Jahmene is the favourite to win it now, I think Ella will come second and James will be third. That would be the best result all around.

I have a real feeling Chris will get into the final three with either James or Ella getting voted off in the semi-final

The Liverpool vote cannot be underestimated and the way Chris has been treated I'd be delighted for him.

If he were to make the final 3, he'd be finishing third I have no doubt, but I'd be happy for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

OMG, Rylan was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That was Christopher's best performance so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Are the rest of the contestants ignoring Christopher now??

Larianne wrote: »
    Are the rest of the contestants ignoring Christopher now??

The power of editing.

But as I've said I don't see why the papers and everyone make it out to be a big deal. If I was 34 I wouldn't exactly be besties with people over ten years my junior

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

lila44 wrote: »
    I do feel bad for Christopher with all the bad press he's getting, I mean love him or hate him, he's still a human man, with feelings.

That being said, I don't think he should still be in the competition. Vocally he's miles behind everyone else! I could see him touring hotels singing to oul ones and them goin mad for him hah!

:confused: He's not my cuppa tea but he's one of the best singers in there! Miles ahead of the likes of Rylan and Union J.

My verdict of the performances:

Union J - In trouble this week I reckon. Completely out of tune.
    Ella - Just beautiful...although would it kill her to sing an uptempo....just once...also, what age is she again? :p
    Chris - I do feel sorry for him, the judges are being d!cks to him every week. Love the song he sang, great singer.
    James - OOOOH. I don't want him to win - because he'll do so much better if he doesn't!
    Rylan - Love him! And that comeback against Gary was just priceless. But performance wise...not great.
    Jahmene - Ah he's sweet, he's lovely...but starting to increasingly annoy me every week...no denying he's a great singer though.

Think Union J and Rylan may be in trouble tomorrow night.

Union j weren't out of tune at all. They sang that song really well with brilliant harmonies!

Union j weren't out of tune at all. They sang that song really well with brilliant harmonies!

It was an awful song choice though imo

Not as bad as Ella's. I'm still fuming seeing that song slowed down

• Advertisement

It was an awful song choice though imo

Not as bad as Ella's. I'm still fuming seeing that song slowed down

I wasn't impressed with the song choice because I was literally singing it for the rest of the night :mad: Stupid song!!

The person who was most out of tune last night was Jahmene. He definitely hits the most bum notes every week. I wish the vocal coaches would get him to tone it down because with more technicality he'd be so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Chris O'Dowd on The Xtra Factor

"A lot of people are saying Rylan owned Gary tonight, but I'm not having any of that. I know for a fact that Gary is the kind of boy that can only be rented"

:eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ella brutally murdered the Grease song what was Tulisa thinking :mad:

Highlight of the night for me was Rylan saying he wasnt Gary as he is too skinny :p served Twatty Barlow right the smug asshole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Agree on Ella..........great voice but not able to handle up tempo & basically the same tone all the time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I thought James did very well loved the song a bit unusual song choice for him but it melted my heart listening to it!! :)

Ella did well but I agree how her voice goes is it enough.

Don't think I'll get to watch this tonight as my housemate and her bf have been hogging the remote and I don't want to force them to watch it...again :o:(:(

Does the TV3 live stream work well? If not, does anyone know of a stream online where I can watch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Don't think I'll get to watch this tonight as my housemate and her bf have been hogging the remote and I don't want to force them to watch it...again :o:(:(

Does the TV3 live stream work well? If not, does anyone know of a stream online where I can watch?

aertv.ie usually works well

Ask can ya watch for 5 mins around, 8.40? That's all you'll need ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Why has noone noticed that Jahmene cant hold a tune?

He cannot hold a note for any length of time so he throws in the vocal wobbles and when he rejoins the melody hes usually sharp.

Every week thr judges tell him he's the best singer in the competition when he has a very poor voice and is marginally saved by the tone of it.

It astonishes me that noone ever notices this.

• Advertisement

Dustaz wrote: »
    Why has noone noticed that Jahmene cant hold a tune?

He cannot hold a note for any length of time so he throws in the vocal wobbles and when he rejoins the melody hes usually sharp.

Every week thr judges tell him he's the best singer in the competition when he has a very poor voice and is marginally saved by the tone of it.

It astonishes me that noone ever notices this.

The problem is Tulisa doesn't have a clue, Louis will go out of his way to agree with the others in most cases, and Nicole is mentoring him. Gary is the only one likely to pick up on it but he's just been licking his ass aswell

I agree with you completely. Pound for pound james is definitely the best there imho

Ok who's going to go tonight?
    I think Christopher.Tho if it were me I would get rid of Jahmene. I don't think he has any personality.Great voice but nothing about his personality would draw you to him.While Rylan is the "amusement" factor this year,the difference is he actually does "amuse". Great personality..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

rylan is a clown, lets be honest about it!

Think rylan's time is up. If he's bottom 2 he's gone

Hard to know who'll join him. Not much will separate Union, Ella and James imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Just checked oddschecker.com there, and there seems to be no movement on Union J to go tonight, odds shortening on Chris and Rylan all day though, so I wonder is it just that they think that even if Union J are in the bottom 2 they won't go, but either of the other two are guaranteed to go if in bottom. Bit long winded but you know what I mean.

You know I'd miss Rylan next week if he went, he's so funny, great entertainment, really hope phoney maloney goes. (I think at this stage even Gary does as well :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

hope maloney wins it...

• Advertisement

rylan is a clown, lets be honest about it!
    Disagree to be fair. He knows he's not the greatest singer but his persona makes me want to watch him. And all the others on the show seem to like him which says a lot to me. They will have spent a lot of time with him..

Think rylan's time is up. If he's bottom 2 he's gone

Hard to know who'll join him. Not much will separate Union, Ella and James imo

I wonder what will happen if it's Chris and Rylan in the bottom though. If the rumours are to be believed and the producers want rid of Chris then it's possible that Rylan will be saved. If Rylan is in the bottom two against anyone else then he's gone, but he could be saved against Chris.

I wonder what will happen if it's Chris and Rylan in the bottom though. If the rumours are to be believed and the producers want rid of Chris then it's possible that Rylan will be saved. If Rylan is in the bottom two against anyone else then he's gone, but he could be saved against Chris.

That would be fascinating. Could they really save Rylan a fourth time? :pac: Especially against someone there for the first time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

hope maloney wins it...

So do I cos then he will sink without a trace like the rest of them. :-)

That would be fascinating. Could they really save Rylan a fourth time? :pac: Especially against someone there for the first time!

Course they could! Neither of them are going to win anyway so it's no big deal. Gary might just spontaneously combust!

• Advertisement
Advertisement