Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

If Jahmene wins he will go the same way as Gareth Gates and Joe McEldery. He just seems too "soft" to make it in the music industry ...???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I don't think there was ever a problem with Nicole on the US show. The problem is the format of that show itself. There's something very off about it. It's over-produced and badly hosted for a start. I find it pretty much unwatchable.

And how can Cowell complain about Nicole when he's paying Britney Spears 15 million dollars to tell everyone that they're "amazing" or "a true star".

The perfect line up would be Louis, Sharon Osbourne, Nicole and Simon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

I don't think there was ever a problem with Nicole on the US show. The problem is the format of that show itself. There's something very off about it. It's over-produced and badly hosted for a start. I find it pretty much unwatchable.

And how can Cowell complain about Nicole when he's paying Britney Spears 15 million dollars to tell everyone that they're "amazing" or "a true star".
    Na Nicole was awful on it. If she wasn't crying she was giving woeful critique! She got pasted by the press/ papers Etc. She's a completely different person on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Why do the acts always say this isn't the end, it's just the beginning... I mean c'mon... really Chris?

To be fair to him, I could easily see him carving out a very good career in the West End.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Min wrote: »

Sharon is the only person I would make exceptions for getting rid of tulisa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Seriously, Flack is insufferable.

Turn over to Sky One - Forrest Gump is on. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Can't say I'm feeling the love for Nicole as much as everyone else - that woman can ramble on with nonsense like nobody's business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Nicole's outfit is terrible.

It was really rather fantastic :)

Min wrote: »

Why Sharon? I have a soft spot for her myself, but wouldn't have her back I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Na Nicole was awful on it. If she wasn't crying she was giving woeful critique! She got pasted by the press/ papers Etc. She's a completely different person on this

Britney's hardly any better. She's like a robot who's been programmed to say about three different things.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Whats with Fracks grany dress?

Britney's hardly any better. She's like a robot who's been programmed to say about three different things.

I agree. I'm not against Nicole, but it's the truth. She's a new person when she comes out of her shell.

Simon will try get Danii/Sharon back though instead I'd wager

I reckon Cheryl is already lined up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I agree. I'm not against Nicole, but it's the truth. She's a new person when she comes out of her shell.

Jaysus, I dunno if you could pay either of them enough money to work together again. They bloody hate each other!

Really not a fan of this final over two nights craic. A final should be a single event, not one dragged out over 24 hours plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it true the caller's questions are screened before so the judges know so far the questions are pretty crap imo

I don't know how Cowell can really defend his decision though given how awful Britney is. She literally has 0 personality.

I hope to God Cheryl isn't back. I was kinda hoping she would disappear into deserved obscurity.

Jaysus, I dunno if you could pay either of them enough money to work together again. They bloody hate each other!

Either or I mean

It'll be Louis, Cheryl, Dannii or Sharon and Simon I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

There are rumours that Tulisa is gone. I kind of think its true as she has been miserable on the show the last few weeks.

Biggins wrote: »
    Whats with Fracks grany dress?

At least she's not wearing a pair of effin hotpants for once!

py2006 wrote: »
    There are rumours that Tulisa is gone. I kind of think its true as she has been miserable on the show the last few weeks.

The only scenario in which she'll stay is if Cowell genuinely can't find anyone to replace her. But as I've said, I reckon he has Cheryl lined up

• Advertisement

I don't know how Cowell can really defend his decision though given how awful Britney is. She literally has 0 personality.

I hope to God Cheryl isn't back. I was kinda hoping she would disappear into deserved obscurity.

+ a 20 year old... How the hell is she qualified

It's all about the ratings. He's looking to reach a younger fan base and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Love that clip of Olly falling :-)

LOL @ Louis; "can I swap with somebody?!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Chris Maloney's Nan ‏@MaloneysNan
    Those f*ckers at the call centre we hired are all getting their P45s tomorrow (or whatever the equivalent is in India) #xfactorfinal

:D:D
    You seem to be obsessed with Chris' nan. Anything you want to tell us? Unburden yourself; you're among friends here.

Did Caroline show Olly's fall on every show :p

Simon would be an idiot to bring back Cheryl imo she has lost any momentum she had going for her she has even gone back to Girls Aloud and her last single bombed as did her album I believe

If Simon cant get Nicole to stay on, I think he will try and get Mel B or Victoria from the Spice Girls

I'd say Chris is feeling a great sense of relief to be finished with this. The last few weeks can't have been easy on him. No more seeing crap about yourself in the papers. I wish him well

Can't wait to see the voting stats. I'd say Chris and Jahmene shared top of the poll throughout. I don't think James would have topped any week.

Lucy drinking out of a Chris Maloney pictured cup with Rylan :p

Damn annoying Anthony Cotton aka Sean from Corrie is on

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Caroline show Olly's fall on every show :p

Simon would be an idiot to bring back Cheryl imo she has lost any momentum she had going for her she has even gone back to Girls Aloud and her last single bombed as did her album I believe

If Simon cant get Nicole to stay on, I think he will try and get Mel B or Victoria from the Spice Girls

You make it sound like going back to Girls Aloud is a bad thing? :eek:

I'm not a big fan of her but "say my name" and "under the sun" certainly got lots of airplay and attention, so don't see how they bombed

She's very popular it seems, although I thought she was awful in the 2010 series. She's one of those that generates press and attention no matter what she does so I think it makes great sense to bring her back to boost ratings/publicity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

It's great to see how much Jahmeme has grown in confidence in the last few weeks. The last two weeks on Xtra factor is the most he's spoken. Just hope he is not crushed by the music industry he seems like a gentle and trusting soul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

any know where carolines leopard print heels from?? l need them

I'm not a big fan of her but "say my name" and "under the sun" certainly got lots of airplay and attention, so don't see how they bombed

She's very popular it seems, although I thought she was awful in the 2010 series. She's one of those that generates press and attention no matter what she does so I think it makes great sense to bring her back to boost ratings/publicity

Didnt her tour bomb as well? Anyways I think her popularity has decreased greatly imo

Is it true the caller's questions are screened before so the judges know so far the questions are pretty crap imo

The producers say they are screened so that same questions are not asked more than once.
    There has been some comment though that certain questions are certainly not allowed at times to be asked.

Keith Lemon? Is he not a serial slagger-off of this show? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Ah, One Pound Fish Man... good to see him back.

He's very charismatic. I hope his single does well. :)

Didnt her tour bomb as well? Anyways I think her popularity has decreased greatly imo

Yep, all we need is her back on the show to come out with her insightful comments like...
    "Um, well, that was... Very.... Ummm..... Ah.... Simon?" and then stare at Cowell hoping he'd actually offer something insightful.
    She was an awful judge, absolutely appalling.
    If someone like her is the "Darling of Britain", then I despair.

• Advertisement

A lot of people on here seem to have it in for Cheryl Cole/Tweedy ever since she was convicted of assault years back.

blueser wrote: »
    A lot of people on here seem to have it in for Cheryl Cole/Tweedy ever since she was convicted of assault years back.

I just don't think her talent is as great as she's made out to be.
    Auto-tune has a lot to answer for - as have pre-recorded tracks.

Biggins wrote: »
    I just don't think her talent is as great as she's made out to be.
    Auto-tune has a lot to answer for - as have pre-recorded tracks.
    To be honest, I don't think that would explain the (let's be honest) hatred for her on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

So will louis be still there next year!
    Il miss xfactor there nothing much on at the moment

cazzak79 wrote: »

Aye. They won't get rid of him after all these years and he does exactly what the producers want

• Advertisement

cazzak79 wrote: »

He will be there.

1. He is Simons most trusted friend.
    2. He only takes a wage of 1 Million per series (yea... only!!!) He refuses to take more unlike others who have gotten bigger amounts per series. He says one Mill' is enough - and that also makes Simon happy.

...Damn annoying Anthony Cotton aka Sean from Corrie is on

I was wondering who he was!
    (I don't watch soaps)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

thank god thank god thank god thank god. christopher is gone and james is still there.:D:D be still my beating heart, because that last performance from james was spectacular. i love that song anyway. garth brooks sang it on one of his albums and fell i love with the song since then. :D

i thought nicole was being a diva with the mic, but now i understand there was mic troubles, someone ass is gonna be fired tonight after that debacle and also any one notice the camera collapsed as well?

james to win james to win!!!!!:D

btw, any interviewer is probably praying for james to win, because Jahmene's interviews are gonna be torture. seriously all he gives is one lines

More to do with the fact that she has little or no talent to speak of. As Sean Lock put it, "there are tortoises with more talent than her. At least you can wedge a door open with a tortoise."

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RAYfighter

I am so glad I don't have to argue with nans of this forum about Christopher Baloney anymore. :D
    example of a nan commenting on James/Nicole duet:
    The worst duet IMO. Shame
    OUhhh!

Someone here wrote that James Arthur is musician's favourite. Absolutely!!

(I went searching to give him a proper credit: it was gavmcg92 and his original post is here. Thanks Gavin! :cool:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I can't believe it. I missed the show, just catching up now. Really thought that James would be gone due to the fact that he's been in the bottom two, whereas Jahmene and Christopher have not. Delighted. I think this will be the best X Factor final I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Guys I was out last night so haven't seen it yet but so delighted Chris is gone! Woohoo!! :-D

More to do with the fact that she has little or no talent to speak of. As Sean Lock put it, "there are tortoises with more talent than her. At least you can wedge a door open with a tortoise."
    I don't believe that. If that's the case, Tulisa is getting off VERY lightly then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just watched the James Nicole duet - one word: stunning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I don't believe that. If that's the case, Tulisa is getting off VERY lightly then.
    Not a fan of Tulisa but she is vocally stronger than Cheryl, then again, I know who I'd prefer to watch on this show and it ain't Tulisa.

• Advertisement
Advertisement