Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Not a fan of Tulisa but she is vocally stronger than Cheryl, then again, I know who I'd prefer to watch on this show and it ain't Tulisa.
    I presume you didn't see her ''performance'' last weekend then? It was shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Just sitting down to watch the repeat, delighted that Gary finally got that smug grin wiped off his face. Christopher really had no right to be in the final and with that gobshiite as a mentor had begun to believe his own hype. Gary will just cast Chris aside now and he'll go back to being the Steve Brookstein of Liverpool.

Loved Dermots into though, and great to see Rylan back again:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Just watching the xtra factor. Tulisa is so subdued and not really enthusiastic about participating. I have thought that now for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I think she has been told she is being replaced next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

blueser wrote: »
    I presume you didn't see her ''performance'' last weekend then? It was shocking.

Forgot to say last week notwithstanding. ;) Look at her duet with Little Mix last year, I wasn't expecting her to be as good as she was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just watched it back (sky+ style - ie. Fastforwarding Chris performances!)

Nicole is really after growing on me - she appears to be very genuine and a great laugh and has a fantastic voice!! Now the niceness could be all for the cameras but I think she genuinely has a kind heart and is obviously good to her acts

James was just amazing as usual and I thought the Nicole/Jahmene duet was very good considering her mike wasn't on - Nicole showed herself to be a true professional the way she handled it and Jahmene just kept it going beautifully!

Dermots intro was hilarious! God, I love that man!

I'd say Gary is the most relieved person in Britain today - even he didn't want Christopher to win! The duet between them was so contrived and you just couldn't believe it - and of course Gary just had to sing one of his own songs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

leahyl wrote: »
    Just watched it back (sky+ style - ie. Fastforwarding Chris performances!)

Nicole is really after growing on me - she appears to be very genuine and a great laugh and has a fantastic voice!! Now the niceness could be all for the cameras but I think she genuinely has a kind heart and is obviously good to her acts

James was just amazing as usual and I thought the Nicole/Jahmene duet was very good considering her mike wasn't on - Nicole showed herself to be a true professional the way she handled it and Jahmene just kept it going beautifully!

Dermots intro was hilarious! God, I love that man!

I'd say Gary is the most relieved person in Britain today - even he didn't want Christopher to win! The duet between them was so contrived and you just couldn't believe it - and of course Gary just had to sing one of his own songs....

He's been playing concerts consistently over the last couple of weeks and would no doubt have been singing this regularly, why change? Not only that it's probably his best solo effort with Take That, arguably their best song in which he has lead, and a song that suits Chris aswell...

cgpg5 wrote: »

He's been playing concerts consistently over the last couple of weeks and would no doubt have been singing this regularly, why change? Not only that it's probably his best solo effort with Take That, arguably their best song in which he has lead, and a song that suits Chris aswell...

I don't agree - i thought it was a bit self indulgent to be honest - I'm sick to death of hearing that song anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Tulisa seems to be a better singer when performing with other people. Her performance last week felt like she was a rabbit stuck in the headlights. She seems more comfortable when she has other people to bounce off. I'd prefer James to win tonight so for once someone with credibility would win.

I don't agree - i thought it was a bit self indulgent to be honest - I'm sick to death of hearing that song anyway!

Hardly self-indulgent he sang another song with Marcus last year. He had a show wed night, he obviously spent the early week rehearsing and in Liverpool. Why then start learning a new song completely on the Thursday? It's a million times easier to give Chris his parts let him practice that and his other songs and then meet up on the saturday to do a quick practice together before going on in the evening.

KKKitty that's an unfair comment imo, Jahmene has plenty of credibility too and believe me plenty of previous winners were hyped up a lot more than James Arthur before winning it. Hindsight is a beautiful thing

• Advertisement

Hardly self-indulgent he sang another song with Marcus last year. He had a show wed night, he obviously spent the early week rehearsing and in Liverpool. Why then start learning a new song completely on the Thursday? It's a million times easier to give Chris his parts let him practice that and his other songs and then meet up on the saturday to do a quick practice together before going on in

I'm talking about this year though not last year - not sure what last years show has to do with this?

You're talking about it being easier for Gary to just sing his own song - exactly my point. Why didn't he make an effort and do a different song? It's just my opinion that's all

I'm talking about this year though not last year - not sure what last years show has to do with this?

You're talking about it being easier for Gary to just sing his own song - exactly my point. Why didn't he make an effort and do a different song? It's just my opinion that's all

Maybe Chris wanted it? Maybe the Producers told him that was the song they were singing? What if he just didn't have time (he has 3 kids and the mentors life is not spent on the show 24/7 like some people think)? I really don't know

I just get the feeling people like to criticise him for basically anything on this show. I don't get it myself

Maybe Chris wanted it? Maybe the Producers told him that was the song they were singing? What if he just didn't have time (he has 3 kids and the mentors life is not spent on the show 24/7 like some people think)? I really don't know

I just get the feeling people like to criticise him for basically anything on this show. I don't get it myself

Ah come on now - every judge and contestant is criticised on this thread!! I sense you're a fan of Gary and that's fine, I have no problem with him for the most part but I thought that was a bit lazy and it showed how little interest he had in getting Chris through to the final 2 IMO but don't get me wrong I'm happy Chris is gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the final last night, great show, from Dermots spectacular entrance to the actual performances and Nicoles mike not working was entertaining also (though I'm sure not for her). Roll on tonight and another extravaganza. Saturday night entertainment at it's best.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

py2006 wrote: »
    Just watching the xtra factor. Tulisa is so subdued and not really enthusiastic about participating. I have thought that now for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I think she has been told she is being replaced next year.

I suspect that myself.
    I think she already has been told, she won't be returning.
    Her whole attitude has been as if she couldn't really give a toss or make an effort to be contributing to the show either by help, light-heartedness or useful advice.
    She is just seeing out the end of her contract - then she's outa there...

As for her singing performance - it was just BAD!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Just read over the last few pages of the thread, so apologies if already asked, but why were MK II not at the final last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Just saw on twitter that Chris Maloney has been booted off xfactor tonight due to being late and drunk when I find a link il
    Add it

cazzak79 wrote: »
    Just saw on twitter that Chris Maloney has been booted off xfactor tonight due to being late and drunk when I find a link il
    Add it

Call me daft but was he not eliminated last night? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

There is prob a group performance etc

There is prob a group performance etc

Booted off for being drunk? WTF? Can one not go and get sloshed after getting knocked out? :P :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Add it

at this stage I'm beginning to think theres more to the Maloney story than meets the eye {e.g. being more than just a diva} - for the 2 months or so theres been something each week --- will all come out in the wash I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Add it
    Looks like it's from some group song he was supposed to be performing in tonight. Or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

God help us.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/1209/xfactor2.html
    X Factor contestant Christopher Maloney has revealed that he received "offers" of a record deal just 20 minutes after he was eliminated.

The 34-year-old wild card contestant came third on the show last night (Dec 8), leaving Jahmene Douglas and James Arthur to battle out for the crown.

But, it seems success is already on the way to the former call centre worker, as when asked by Xtra Factor hosts Caroline Flack and Olly Murs about what the future holds, Maloney replied: "At the minute I'm just taking everything in.

"There's been a few offers made. I've only been out of the competition 20 minutes and there's been quite a few offers. So watch this space."

Maloney, who was mentored by Gary Barlow, duetted with the Take That star last night, said that the experience was "amazing", adding: "It just goes to show how far I've come from my first audition."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

blueser wrote: »
    I don't believe that. If that's the case, Tulisa is getting off VERY lightly then.

Not saying that Tulisa's any better, but Cheryl Cole has no talent. She proves that it's possible to become successful off the back of looks really, cos that's all she has going for her. She can't write, can't play and can't really sing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

A V A wrote: »

He was voted off last night, but kicked off tonight, obviously all the finalists will make an appearance tonight, and apparently Maloney showed up late and drunk to rehearsals, so was kicked off TONIGHT'S final.

Rehersing for the tour then is going to be fun for the lot of them! :D

Not saying that Tulisa's any better, but Cheryl Cole has no talent. She proves that it's possible to become successful off the back of looks really, cos that's all she has going for her. She can't write, can't play and can't really sing.

I don't regard either of them as having any substantial talent myself.
    They are poor singers backed up by auto-tune, pre-recorded (well knob tuned & tweaked) tracks, backed up by flashing lights, fire-works, bangs and drowning out music to cover their inadequacies.

Ask them to sing on their own like Adele or Josh Groban (who don't many time over, need all the above to be good) and in five seconds flat, they would be seen right through as the much talentless people they are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is Jahmene not the favorite for tonight? I barely watch the show unless forced but noticed he's 9/4 to win. Got to be worth a decent punt.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is Jahmene not the favorite for tonight? I barely watch the show unless forced but noticed he's 9/4 to win. Got to be worth a decent punt.

It's really hard to call. Well in my view it is. James has been down in the bottom 2 a few weeks back and that would suggest he's not overly popular with the public but for him to get past Chris last night I think would have taken quite an effort considering all the people who were voting for Chris apparently. I'd say a lot of people are getting behind him now, perhaps those who hadn't voted until now

It's a toss up for me. I think James will sneak it as his performances will probably be that bit bigger tonight. I wouldn't begrudge either though

There's definitely something off with that story about Maloney. My guess is he did something mid series or else was troublesome throughout the series and basically now he's eliminated they've told him to f$$k off. I highly doubt they'd ban him from tonight for only showing up late the day after he was knocked out of the final. He's not getting all this bad press and judges comments for nothing. I'd say something will emerge. He didn't deserve the bad press and negative comments in my view as it should be about what happens on stage, but now the show is over it'll be interesting to see does anything emerge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

It's really hard to call. Well in my view it is. James has been down in the bottom 2 a few weeks back and that would suggest he's not overly popular with the public but for him to get past Chris last night I think would have taken quite an effort considering all the people who were voting for Chris apparently. I'd say a lot of people are getting behind him now, perhaps those who hadn't voted until now

It's a toss up for me. I think James will sneak it as his performances will probably be that bit bigger tonight. I wouldn't begrudge either though

There's definitely something off with that story about Maloney. My guess is he did something mid series or else was troublesome throughout the series and basically now he's eliminated they've told him to f$$k off. I highly doubt they'd ban him from tonight for only showing up late the day after he was knocked out of the final. He's not getting all this bad press and judges comments for nothing. I'd say something will emerge. He didn't deserve the bad press and negative comments in my view as it should be about what happens on stage, but now the show is over it'll be interesting to see does anything emerge?

EDIT: mis read your post, nothing to see here :P Sorry about that.

And the fact that he called Carolynne Poole a c*nt had nothing to do with it? She even had a tweet up today about X Factor apparently creating monsters. Maybe, just maybe the reports about Christopher are true and he really is a d*ck.

kevin12345 wrote: »
    And the fact that he called Carolynne Poole a c*nt had nothing to do with it? She even had a tweet up today about X Factor apparently creating monsters. Maybe, just maybe the reports about Christopher are true and he really is a d*ck.

That was the point I made? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just saw the Jahmene and Nicole duet, the mic failing was absolutely ridiculous, and yet they recovered brilliantiant. Both deserve all the plaudits in the world for that.

Oh ya only seen he apparently called her a c**t there apologies!

I guess we can only speculate on whether that's true or not and we don't really know the context.

But them using the excuse that he smelled of alcohol is ridiculous and I'm sure it's not the reason. A lot of singers go on stage locked nowadays, never mind rehearsals :D

But if I had to speculate I'm guessing he came back, they told him in no uncertain terms he wasn't welcome anymore (due to previous conduct/attitude perhaps), a few contestants got involved, he probably goaded them about not getting as far and basically they decided that it was better if he didn't perform.

Who knows. I'm not doubting he was a bit of a tosser, but my opinion is it was dealt with very unprofessionally and in a poor way. What happens backstage should really be sorted out backstage by producers and staff. He still deserves a fair chance when he goes up on stage and he wasn't given that

If it was really all that bad anyway they could have kicked him off the show. I'd doubt they'd have hesitated to do so, if they were given any excuse

Anyway it'll be interesting to hear if any stories emerge about his conduct. If not, I'm sure that's the last we've heard of him

Or else maybe all of this is just nonsense and he basically said he wanted nothing to do with the show anymore after how he was treated. If that was the case I'd say fair dues to him, but it could well be a mix of both

I agree that if there were problems with his behaviour, it should have been dealt with more quietly and not in the glare of the media. However, they are making television and it is a reality show, so it's kind of inevitable that stuff like this will happen in order to add to the 'entertainment' and get viewers more invested.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

People are so gullible..It is blatently obvious that James has the biggest following and most credibility. The week he and Ella were in the bottom 2 was a scenario created by producers to instill fear into the public that their favourite was in trouble, therefore increasing their vote & the ££££ in Cowells pocket. Simon Cowell practically runs the U.K media, all the papers knew about the Dannii M affair as it was happening-its no coincidence it came just before this series started & for the launch of his 'unofficial' biography.

Shinaynay wrote: »
    People are so gullible..It is blatently obvious that James has the biggest following and most credibility. The week he and Ella were in the bottom 2 was a scenario created by producers to instill fear into the public that their favourite was in trouble, therefore increasing their vote & the ££££ in Cowells pocket. Simon Cowell practically runs the U.K media, all the papers knew about the Dannii M affair as it was happening-its no coincidence it came just before this series started & for the launch of his 'unofficial' biography.

Okay so let me get this straight. What you're saying is that James actually wasn't in the bottom 2 and they just said he was to raise votes for him?

So they deliberately fixed the result knowing that they risked being sued for millions and the show being terminated with immediate effect. I've heard it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

James is 4/9 fav

Jahmene is 9/4

Jahmene will hoover up the Christopher voter (housewives vote) and he is worth backing to win. Will pay for my xmas shopping if he does;)

I wonder will Chris's name be even mentioned now! LOL

• Advertisement

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    James is 4/9 fav

Jahmene is 9/4

Jahmene will hoover up the Christopher voter (housewives vote) and he is worth backing to win. Will pay for my xmas shopping if he does;)

9-4 is some price imo

Over on DS, Jahmene is leading the poll, granted that's not very representative but still it's an indication of popularity from a sample of viewers.

I really can't call it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Wow, just seen the news about Chris now! How are they gonna explain his absence tonight??

Wow, just seen the news about Chris now! How are they gonna explain his absence tonight??

Probably say nothing at all.

I'd doubt they will? They probably all just perform at the start and they don't mention individuals

I assume MK1 will be a no show again...

Both the ladies look very well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Two fashion disasters and a microphone disaster for Nicole!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Another finalists performance :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

You could see where chris was supposed to sing there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Certain 'Shakin Scouser missing! :D

I love how they've kinda been giving Rylan centre stage a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Ah you gotta love Rylan

• Advertisement
Advertisement