Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    when is this actually starting?

I don't think it's been confirmed but, going by the last few years, it will probably be 18th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brian Friedman is back as creative director

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

DigitalSpy is saying August 18th - just over 2 weeks! Woohoo!!

LizT wrote: »
    Loads of acts from last year back this year including Jade Richards and Melanie McCabe

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a394505/x-factor-jade-richards-sian-phillips-among-returning-acts.html

James Michael is also suppose to be back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

best and worst is on t.v 3 right now. the fun is beginning soon.:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Louis Walsh added:
    "This is the best year ever. There are a lot less karaoke acts and more real singers. We have a lot less novelty acts.”

Every year Lulu says this is the best year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Louis Walsh added:
    "This is the best year ever. There are a lot less karaoke acts and more real singers. We have a lot less novelty acts.”

Every year Lulu says this is the best year :p

Less novelty acts?? Boo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

But Louis loves the novelty acts! :eek:

But Louis loves the novelty acts! :eek:

Louis is a novelty act himself :p

Series has been confirmed to start on 18th Aug. Link

Also, the finalist might be performing with holograms....
    X Factor bosses are reportedly planning to use holograms of late pop legends on the show.

Producers want contestants on the upcoming series to duet with icons such as Amy Winehouse, Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley in the final.

Using computer generated images of stars who are alive is also being considered after executives saw Celine Dion perform with a hologram of Stevie Wonder at her show. She also sang with a 3D hologram of Elvis on American Idol.

"The X Factor has to keep getting better so they are looking at holograms as a way of creating a splash," a source told The Sun.

"Imagine Elvis or Amy Winehouse at the grand final. It would be incredible TV and an amazing experience for contestants. The technology's there and has been used on several big stages.

"The X Factor final is perfect for something like this. It nearly happened last year after show boss Richard Holloway saw the Stevie Wonder hologram at Celine Dion."

A virtual Michael Jackson was said to be in the works for the Jackson 5 comeback tour this summer.

A hologram of dead rapper Tupac Shakur famously appeared with Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre at Coachella 2012.

• Advertisement

So in the first couple of years there were some amazing superstar duets (Beyonce, George Michael)

Then they started to rehash some names (Robbie Williams)

Then they couldn't get anyone last year so the contestants had to sing with their mentors.

Now this year, the contestants will be singing with a f*cking hologram? Dear lord!

Celine Dion perform with a hologram of Stevie Wonder at her show

Stevie Wonder is dead???? :eek::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

The X Factor ‏@TheXFactor
    This time next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Its time... to face!

Louis! (The man who's facial expressions mutate every year to something even more ridiculous)
    TULISA! (Who won't be given a good category as she won last year)
    GARY! ...
    ... Sorry I fell asleep there..

AND NICOLE! (We couldn't put up with Geri so we went with the one that makes little girls cry)

Man, I need some sleep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

do hope this year is a good one!! amelia lilly's songs was the strongest single released and she didnt even win it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

A V A wrote: »
    do hope this year is a good one!!

Doubt it. It only gets progressively worse.
    A V A wrote: »
    amelia lilly's songs was the strongest single released and she didnt even win it

Strongest, really? Didn't know she'd even released anything.

Honestly haven't heard any of the songs released by her, Misha B, or Little Mix yet. I can only see the latter act as being even remotely successful

cgpg5 wrote: »

Honestly haven't heard any of the songs released by her, Misha B, or Little Mix yet. I can only see the latter act as being even remotely successful

I've heard Amelia Lily's song and I think it's terrible! Little mix's isn't too bad.

I wonder what will happen with judges houses now, surely Gary can't be expected to do it?

LizT wrote: »
    I've heard Amelia Lily's song and I think it's terrible! Little mix's isn't too bad.

I wonder what will happen with judges houses now, surely Gary can't be expected to do it?

Doing it in UK with Robbie. Was meant to be in Majorca but he asked to stay in Britain for it!

Doing it in UK with Robbie. Was meant to be in Majorca but he asked to stay in Britain for it!

Isnt Robbie in the US as his wife is due soon?

• Advertisement

Isnt Robbie in the US as his wife is due soon?

Really? Yeah it's being lined up alright but they reckon they'll take place 10/11 sept. Is she due before that? Apparently Neyo with Nicole, Tinie/50 Cent (:eek:) with Tulisa and no doubt we can all guess who's with Louis :P

None this confirmed though

Really? Yeah it's being lined up alright but they reckon they'll take place 10/11 sept. Is she due before that? Apparently Neyo with Nicole, Tinie/50 Cent (:eek:) with Tulisa and no doubt we can all guess who's with Louis :P

Lulu should have Jedward but think if it is not Sinitta it will Shane or Kian of Westlife

Lulu should have Jedward but think if it is not Sinitta it will Shane or Kian of Westlife

Kian has already done some episodes of the Xtra Factor though, would he bring him back? I think he'll be stuck with Sinitta again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Ok not long now, X Factor 2012 at last something to watch on a Saturday night. Let's get this thread on the road, I'd great crack with it last year.:D

I thought I heard Gary pulled out of Judges houses this year, is that true and if so who took his place?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Ok not long now, X Factor 2012 at last something to watch on a Saturday night. Let's get this thread on the road, I'd great crack with it last year.:D

I thought I heard Gary pulled out of Judges houses this year, is that true and if so who took his place?

I wouldn't blame him if he did pull out, god love him! But I doubt he'd hand over the reigns to someone else. He seems to like to be in control of things so I doubt he'd mentor a group he didn't put together. Then again that tragedy would change anyone's outlook on life n maybe he doesn't care who gets put through,

Na it's not on for a while yet anyway. All that's happened is that he was meant to do it in Majorca but it's being changed to Britain so he can stay closer to his family

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Forgot how many of last year's contestants I hated - Frankie, the Nordie, Kitty.....

• Advertisement

Jade Richards back this year! What's the bets she won't make it again :D

Advertisement