Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Don't mind Gary myself, can't stand the clapping seal Louis Walsh or "I'm real me" Tulisa. So that makes Nicole the second least irritating judge by default. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Am I the only person that LOVES Gary as a judge?!

He needs some cream for that dry àrse! :D

Honestly though, takes himself FAR too seriously and almost alienates himself on purpose from the other judges. That's the way it comes across in front of camera anyway, probably totally opposite behind the cameras though.

No doubt he has the musical chops to judge talent seeing as he wrote most of Take That's material and had a hugely successful career in the music industry, but crikey he needs to go for surgery to remove the stick from his rear end... or just wear less tight fitting suits! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I can't stand Tulisa outside the X Factor but by and large I find her an ok judge. She did a great job with the groups last year and seemed to really get involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As a Take That fan I hate Gary Borelow on X Factor and yes I dont he will stay when his two acts go which I assume will happen soon Kye isnt likeable and Christopher is a phony and as Lulu says a "diva"

Gary dont seem to gel or banter well with the other judges or the presenters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

I really cant believe you are 60 Louis-you are so immature for your age:D

you and his mother:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

I can't stand Tulisa outside the X Factor but by and large I find her an ok judge. She did a great job with the groups last year and seemed to really get involved.

I'd class her as a good mentor but a poor enough judge if I'm honest.

I'd say she does really care about her acts tbh and puts in the effort. The other judges are mostly just about the pay package at the end of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

cgpg5 wrote: »

I'd class her as a good mentor but a poor enough judge if I'm honest.

I'd say she does really care about her acts tbh and puts in the effort. The other judges are mostly just about the pay package at the end of the day

Yeah that's a good way to put it actually, good mentor, poor judge. Although I do sometimes agree with some of her judgements!

Louis seems like a good mentor too. Year after year you hear about how involved he gets, and even contestants of other categories have spoken about the effort and guidance he gives to them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

LizT wrote: »
    Louis said he heard he was a diva and Tulisa and Nicole agreed.

I HATE the word 'diva'. Nobody seems to know how/when to use it.

After a good performance from a female singer:

That was out of this world, you are definitely the biggest diva we've had on X Factor in a long time!

And then used to describe some muppet (like Christopher) acting like a spoilt brat backstage. :mad:

• Advertisement

Nope. I like Gary too! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

One of the lads from Union J looks alot like Robert Pattinson i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

I liked him last year. But this year he seems to be so rude and arrogant. Really gone off him

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I never manage to post on here cos it moves so fast on x factor nights but I've been following since last years one.

Chris is a big fake and looks coked up to the eyeballs and really aggressive most of the time i reeeally don't like him!

Kai- ugh guyliner and haaated that moment he said to Louis oh but remember you said i have the x-factor, on my second audition! Vomit!

James Arthur- He didn't grow on me at the beginning purely because he was on about his parents being broken up at the start and it just put me off him cos i hate sob stories but Im so fickle, he's now my favourite!

Jade- I actually really like her Im looking forward to seeing her do different kind of things like club classics etc.

Lucy- I loved tea and toast, i cried! She seems like a lovely girl and I've enjoyed some of her performances, i hope she stays a while longer but either way I think she'll do alright

Mk1- I wish Tulisa had them she could help them "go far in this competition" as LuLu would say, I just don't think they have the right judge and hope Louis gets outside ideas for them.

Rylan- Oh i love him! I love his drama and performances, he's just what the program needs.

The rest are forgetable to me, seen as I've forgotten them. Boy groups, meh.
    Oh i forgot ELLA- ah she's excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Louis seems like a good mentor too. Year after year you hear about how involved he gets, and even contestants of other categories have spoken about the effort and guidance he gives to them all.

Rebecca Ferguson comes to mind. I believe Louis and Rebecca used to have regular chats together during the week.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

NSFW on that one lads, article contains photo of Rylan doing exactly what it says in the link! :(

*shudders*, not safe for ANY time really! :pac:

I hated also how Kye and Gary both commented about Kye helping or advising one of Lulu's boybands

I hated also how Kye and Gary both commented about Kye helping or advising one of Lulu's boybands

Missed that, but they probably meant teach the lads how to put on guyliner... I'd say they're alright tbh! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Yeah it totally took away from the fact he actually helped them, obviously just to get thanks or be recognised for it. He seems to think a lot of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Really not that interested this year, normally I'm all about X Factor but it's X Factor USA that has my attention this year!

The acts aren't even close the level of talent on the US version.

The best I think are James and Ella - the rest are so meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

My god the sun really loves to stir things up a bit... " Next they stopped the bus" By reading that you would think they ran out onto the road in front of an oncoming bus full of passengers. The bus in the pic is empty and parked on the side of the road.
    Let them have fun. They're doing something they will probably never do in their life again. I know I'd be going out on the lash every sunday night if I was in their position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Apparently Rylan and lucy had to move out of the hotel!
    X Factor contestants Rylan Clark and Lucy Spraggan have reportedly been kicked out of the Corinthia Hotel following their drunken antics last night.

The pair were photographed stumbling along a pavement at around 4am on their way home from a night out in London.

They apparently stopped a bus and attempted to rip off its windscreen wipers before X Factor staff caught them and "dragged them back to the hotel".

Lucy Spraggan ‏has since tweeted: "Me and @RylanClark are partaking in a small vacation from the hotel for a few days. Our most sincere apologies for our #beerfear behaviour."

The X Factor contestants moved into £500-a-night rooms at the 5-star Corinthia Hotel earlier this month ahead of the live shows.

Show creator Simon Cowell had reportedly wanted the acts to show their "wild side" and be like "rock stars" to boost ratings.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Stephen Mulhearn was spot on to say that Lucy Spraggan would be more suited to Britians Got Talent.

MK1 were brutal last week cant see them going the distance.

Id love to know were Chris Maloneys nerves have gone surely he wasnt faking it for the tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

LizT wrote: »
    Apparently Rylan and lucy had to move out of the hotel!

Link

I heard they had a gay old time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Barlow looking like the first judge to be left with no acts for sure. Usually a category will have at least one solid act that will get a judge to the last 3 weeks at best but I don't know...unless there's a dramatic change Kye and Chris are liable to go at anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Barlow looking like the first judge to be left with no acts for sure. Usually a category will have at least one solid act that will get a judge to the last 3 weeks at best but I don't know...unless there's a dramatic change Kye and Chris are liable to go at anytime.

Don't particularly like Kye as a singer but I thought he sang really well on the first live show but I found him painful to listen to on Saturday night and he was really bad on the group performance too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

mikeym wrote: »
    Id love to know were Chris Maloneys nerves have gone surely he wasnt faking it for the tv.

Why do you say that? Surely he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It's hilarious, when he got the overs he was banging on about how they were the best category! Kye will be gone next but Chris seems to be popular enough, I'd say he's going down well with the grannies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Nope. I like Gary too! :)
    Me two:D
    I'm a huge fan of Gary and his music.His knowledge of music and natural talent
    sets him way above any of the others as a judge.

cabaret artists hit back at gary -se the youtube/article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2012/oct/19/cabaret-gary-barlow-x-factor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

dcmm wrote: »
    Me two:D
    I'm a huge fan of Gary and his music.His knowledge of music and natural talent
    sets him way above any of the others as a judge.

Lols

Love the way people actually have respect for any judge on the X factor :pac:

I'm sure he does have knowledge of music and talent but he sure as hell hides it when it comes to anyone in his group (as do all the judges). The judges will never criticise someone in their own group. I would have a lot more respect for judges if they were HONEST about how sh1t a lot of them are. Of course, I understand why they're not gonna do that but there ya go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Gary Barlow has talent as a singer-songwriter, but he's so dishonest as a judge.

keps wrote: »
    cabaret artists hit back at gary -se the youtube/article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2012/oct/19/cabaret-gary-barlow-x-factor

Should read: cabaret artists look for publicity.

Sorry, but cabaret is an insult to a serious musician, (I'm not saying the people on X factor are serious musicians). They're words apart and if you're trying to make in the industry and come off as bit part in a variety show then you might as well forget it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

song lists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

It was some fierce joke sitting there last week hearing the judges say to some of the contestants how fantastic they were - like saying to the lads that their harmony was the best ever. What the everliving fu like, were they listening to the same performances we were? I am aware they'd hear it somewhat differently as they have it live, we have it through the tellybox but seriously no matter where you were those harmonys were shít!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Evening all, hope everyone is looking forward to Rylan.

Did Dermot hurt himself?

The moves from Dermot :eek:

Love Dermot!

• Advertisement

How many will turn club classics into ballads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

was that really him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Was that really Dermot dancing?????? :eek::eek:

Not sure about Louis's turtleneck or Gary's check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The obligatory lampshade dress...

Gary banging on about the best singers again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Can Tulisa ever walk proper in her shoes every week she looks like her feet are killing her walking in them :confused:

Be interesting to see how Jahmene and Ella adapt to this week's theme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

the state of Louis and Nicole

Gary banging on about the best singers again :rolleyes:

He dont accept that he is a crap judge and that the public dont like him or his bloody acts

Twatty Barlow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Be interesting to see how Jahmene and Ella adapt to this week's theme

Ella's singing
    You Got The Love
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement