Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matching two different gutters

• 30-04-2012 2:02pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭

DSC02252_Medium.jpg
    The above picture is where two different gutters meet. The gap between them is currently filled up with sealant but it leaks so I'm just wondering is there a better way to marry these together?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Not really you can heat the one on the inside to shape it a little better then use Tec 7 to seal it make sure it is dry and with the Tec 7 it will never leak again even if you dont heat it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lone ranger

Hermy wrote: »
    DSC02252_Medium.jpg
    The above picture is where two different gutters meet. The gap between them is currently filled up with sealant but it leaks so I'm just wondering is there a better way to marry these together?

I used to work for a gutter company and know a bit about this

1 unclip the bracket to the right of the corner piece and ensure the plastic seal is correctly in place
    2 you will notice another plastic connection to the right of the gutter around 12 feet away
    3 open all brackets leading up to this piece.
    4 slide the gutter to the left so that it moves half way between each connection piece,
    The likely hood is the gutter moved a little too much to the right during installation.

If the gutter is too short then you can buy another connection piece in any good merchant.

Simply cut the existing gutter and place the connection piece between the2 gutters.
    This will increase the length and solve your problem

Bring the existing connection piece with you as there are a few different makes available

1 unclip the bracket to the right of the corner piece and ensure the plastic seal is correctly in place
    2 you will notice another plastic connection to the right of the gutter around 12 feet away
    4 slide the gutter to the left so that it moves half way between each connection piece,
    The likely hood is the gutter moved a little too much to the right during installation.

If the gutter is too short then you can buy another connection piece in any good merchant.

Simply cut the existing gutter and place the connection piece between the2 gutters.

Bring the existing connection piece with you as there are a few different makes available
    He wants to know is there a way of joining two completely different gutters as in the pic, different as in they are not the same nothing to do with the length

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lone ranger

650gs wrote: »

He wants to know is there a way of joining two completely different gutters as in the pic, different as in they are not the same nothing to do with the length

I can assure you they are the same gutters with a leak in the corner as he described, read the post

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

from the pics these are two completely different profiles, ie,two different makes of gutter
    was one of the sections replaced at some stage? or was there an extension put on the house with different gutters fitted, might be best to replace with the proper profile guttering,

• Advertisement

Hermy wrote: »
    DSC02252_Medium.jpg
    I think it says where two DIFFERENT gutters meet it can be seen clearly I think should have gone to speck savers comes to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

Dunno if I would use Tec 7- it is a grab adhesive and sticks like xxxt which means that it could be a bit of a bxxxxx down the line when it finally fails and/or you want to disassemble .I think I would be using a quality [slow curing] silicone that will handle any expansion/contraction of gutters,that will be easy to remove and re-do if needed in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

If it was me I would replace the run in new gutter to match the old. The old on the left looks very similar to my gutter make/model. (rainmaster or even the model, supreme) I would continue around to the downpipe and if the other side it joins to is different make/shape use a hopper in the downpipe to collect the 2 outlets. They had to be ordered from Dublin in brown, but my local builders merchants stocked it in white.
    http://www.irelandlookup.com/4269197/Gutters/Dublin/Rainmaster/.aspx May be worth sending them a picture to confirm.
    Gutter.jpg

Stove Fan:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

@Lone Ranger - The gutters are the same except that they're different. The one to the left has three small convex curves while the one to the right has one concave curve. And the thread title does say two different gutters.:confused:

@sohappy Spot on about the extension. But I'm only renting so I'm just wondering about a simply fix for now.

Genealogy Forum Mod

( I used to work for a gutter company and know a bit about this) Lone ranger
    Ha seems you know F**K all ha

• Advertisement
Advertisement