Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Position to Place CCTV Cameras on a Building

Options
  • 30-04-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I am doing a DIY install of a 4 camera System on a Semi D House. Where is the best positions to place the cameras? Camera Spec attached. Can these cams be also used in the porch or are they more "long range" Cameras

My thoughts Were
    1 Front Far Side of Over master bedroom beside drain pipe attached to soffit

2 Alcove type part where house comes in near the red tiled effect tiles (halfway point in the house again attached under drain to soffit

3 Porch stuck in corner to see who is at the door

4 Back Patio Doors

Any thoughts? 4 cameras probably a bit overkill but i figured there was not much in the price difference between the 2 and the 4 cam system so opted for 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Have a think about using one to cover the side entrance; one at the side/back soffit facing the front and covering the sidegate. Your No 1 camera will be limited by the bedroom alcove - so perhaps put the other front one on the LHS covering the right front with the No 1 camera covering the left front. Just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

The lower down the better, the bay window you have is not going to help with the location of the cameras. Installing the cameras at the soffit will give you a nice picture of peoples heads if that is all you want.

Advertisement