Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinnacle Credit card insurance

Options
  • 30-04-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭

Is this really necessary? Am I not covered by my bank (AIB) for credit card fraud already?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You're probably only 'covered' by your bank from the time the card is reported missing/stolen, I'm not sure who's liable up to that point if the card is used fraudently though I've no doubt that that insurance company has put the fear of God in you.

Can you tell us what situations they're claiming to cover i.e. under what circumstances will they cough up money where you'd otherwise be out of pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

coylemj wrote: »
    Can you tell us what situations they're claiming to cover i.e. under what circumstances will they cough up money where you'd otherwise be out of pocket?

I've had the cover for a few years without ever bothering to check into what it covers, or if it's really necessary for me. I got the renewal notice in the post this morning and it dawned on me that I have no idea what I'm paying for. I never take my credit card outside the door, I use it for online purchases only. I will have a read of the letter when I get home and post what it says about the cover.

Advertisement