Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video editing build (€1500)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Everything looks fine, be careful you have the 3770 in your basket, not the 3770K.
    I assume you want the K model for overclocking, in which case hardwareversand is actually 20euro cheaper than Kompletts for it. ;)

Not that it will make a huge difference but might as well go for 1600Mhz RAM.

If you want to do any gaming you will need a graphics card, although I hear Intel HD 4000 is quite a bit more powerful than its predecessor so that will probably do for light gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

If using Adobe Premiere for the video editing, you should get an Nvidia graphics card (560Ti should do well) to use with the Mercury Playback Engine (with some tinkering of a program text file) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Definitely go for an Nvidia graphics card if you're working with CS5+ or plan to in the future. It's a massive step up in performance. Since you're doing a lot of visual media production I would suggest you get a Dell IPS monitor as they have great colour reproduction and their 24" models run at a resolution of 1920 x 1200 meaning you will get more pixel real estate than a 1920 x 1080 monitor, which can make things quite a bit more efficient when working with different programs at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Or a CatLeap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Or a CatLeap :D

I was really considering saying that but then I didn't want to be like oooooh but you may get hit for customs and break your budget :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Xoiko

Everything looks fine, be careful you have the 3770 in your basket, not the 3770K.
    I assume you want the K model for overclocking, in which case hardwareversand is actually 20euro cheaper than Kompletts for it.

Not that it will make a huge difference but might as well go for 1600Mhz RAM.

If you want to do any gaming you will need a graphics card, although I hear Intel HD 4000 is quite a bit more powerful than its predecessor so that will probably do for light gaming.
    I knew something wasn't right. Thanks. I won't be doing any gaming but if I decide to go for Premiere...

Telchak wrote: »
    If using Adobe Premiere for the video editing, you should get an Nvidia graphics card (560Ti should do well) to use with the Mercury Playback Engine (with some tinkering of a program text file)

I might get this later on, thanks
    Definitely go for an Nvidia graphics card if you're working with CS5+ or plan to in the future. It's a massive step up in performance. Since you're doing a lot of visual media production I would suggest you get a Dell IPS monitor as they have great colour reproduction and their 24" models run at a resolution of 1920 x 1200 meaning you will get more pixel real estate than a 1920 x 1080 monitor, which can make things quite a bit more efficient when working with different programs at the same time.

You mean something like this: Dell UltraSharp U2412M (schwarz)
    Or a CatLeap
    I was really considering saying that but then I didn't want to be like oooooh but you may get hit for customs and break your budget

It's given me something to think about. If I was just getting a monitor on it's own, maybe.

Advertisement