Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Mcbride Athlone

Options
  • 30-04-2012 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Anyone have any dealings with this dealer?.

Meant to be decent enough.

Dont want to go pestering him just yet but wondering what makes he sells/stocks really :)

'hdz

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Have never bought a gun from him, but bought pretty much everything off him over the years.

He is a decent bloke to deal with, but is on the more expensive side of things compared to other dealers. After saying that he is also on a par with other dealers so it's really a matter of perspective.

He has a huge selection of guns, especially .223 at the moment, but also carries a good selection of high end firearms especially the "designer" shotguns such as DT10's, top end Perazzi's, etc.

He does a large selection, larger than i've seen elsewhere, of Swar. scopes/bins/spotting scopes, and always seems to have gear that others find to expensive to carry including a great selection of knives including cold steel.

All in all it's a good shop. My only hesitation would be the prices, but if i had money to spare/burn then there are a few things he has that i would like.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I'd echo Ezridax's comments.

Have bought a good few guns from James and wouldn't hesitate to go back. Has always had a great selection of firearms when I've wanted something. Can be pricey on some items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Vegeta wrote: »
    I'd echo Ezridax's comments.

Have bought a good few guns from James and wouldn't hesitate to go back. Has always had a great selection of firearms when I've wanted something. Can be pricey on some items.

Yes I second the above comments, he has a great selection but pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Me too hes a gent he wont take or sell crap even an old model rifle or shot gun has to be in excellent condition I have been dealing with him now for years I drive from Dublin and wouldnt go any where else :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

I like buying from James cause he has best brands and he doesn't sell. I bought my first rifle of him but he's way too expensive for ammunition but best for everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I got my first rifle off him a few years ago, I found him sound, I had visited nearly every dealer in the west before I bought!!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Good guy to deal with and as others have said he has a great selection.

Can be expensive yes but don't be afraid to haggle with him!

Advertisement