Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cast Iron Charcoal Barbecue - Aldi 3rd May - €24.99

• 30-04-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi,

Just saw this

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_21575.htm

I like the look of it, it seems very portable. Cast Iron would seem to indicate it would be relatively hard wearing, if not dropped onto concrete ;)

What do people think? Can't find any reviews of it online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Hibachi style BBQ's are great if limited in terms of height and grill size.
    They do work well, I had one years ago and it was a great little thing but you need a kind of low seating arrangement to work them properly.
    If you stick one on a stand it would want to be heatproof because cast iron does get hot.
    They are a bit heavy to transport around for picnics etc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

It would be ok to move around the garden a little bit but to too heavy to be really portable as it's cast-iron, not something you can throw in the car really.

I prefer the ones with a lid myself as I think they cook quicker and you can use the lid to keep the heat in and cook a bit faster.

Advertisement