Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texting from Ireland to China

Options
  • 30-04-2012 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hello all, I am currently living in China. I am having a small problem over here regarding getting texts from Ireland.

My sister can send texts from her Irish mobile to my Chinese mobile with no problems, and I can text her back fine as well. But when my mother sends texts to my mobile, I don't receive them - strangely, though, she can call my mobile, and can also receive my texts to her.

Any idea why this might be? Could it be a problem with her network, or her mobile phone itself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What network are you on and what network is she one, see can she text anyone else on the network your on.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

She's on Meteor Ireland, I'm on China Mobile. For what it's worth, my sister is on 3 and as I said she's had no problems texting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor probably don't have an text agreement with China Mobile. Nothing you can do really, bar get your mother to switch networks or use an app (if applicable) like Whatsapp or Viber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭halkar

I used to be able to text to China few months ago. Suddenly I can no longer send texts to any mobiles in China. I get message delivery failed errors. I have tried texting from Voda, O2 and Tesco mobile using different phone numbers and handsets. Something fishy going on.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

halkar wrote: »
    I used to be able to text to China few months ago. Suddenly I can no longer send texts to any mobiles in China. I get message delivery failed errors. I have tried texting from Voda, O2 and Tesco mobile using different phone numbers and handsets. Something fishy going on.:D

I might be inclined to think that the Chinese government is blocking them (they love that type of thing) but my sister can still text me no problem. Maybe only 3 network has a text agreement with China Mobile.
    Nothing you can do really, bar get your mother to switch networks or use an app (if applicable) like Whatsapp or Viber.

Not really options with my technophobe mother, I'm afraid. (She's actually on O2, as it turns out, they must have the same problem.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement