Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Institute postgrad courses

Options
  • 30-04-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hello there,

I was just looking for some feedback on the Fitzwilliam Institute. I'm thinking of doing the postgraduate diploma in public relations, or else the postgrad diploma in event management.

Has anyone done either of these courses before? Or any course in the Fitzwilliam Institute? The prices seem a bit steep considering it's only 12 weeks of classes and another 12 of unpaid work experience. I've also applied for the MA in public relations in DIT, so I'm a bot torn on which to go for.

Any feedback at all would be great:)

Philip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Places like Fitwilliam Institute, Liffey Institute, personally, I'd avoid like the plague, and 12 week post-grads usually aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Do some research, does the course or Institute have any accreditation? Is the qualification recognised as a level 9 qualification on HETAC? I doubt it, but find out. If it's not recognised then it's a waste of time and money, and a qualification from a "bogus" college like these might work against you more than in favour on a CV.

I'd stick with DIT or wherever if I was you.

Advertisement