Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA in Public Relations

Options
  • 30-04-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm seriously interested in the MA in public relations and was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions please?

It says on the website that the award is recognised in Ireland, the Uk and Europe. However, I was wondering would it carry any weight whatsoever if I wanted to emigrate to America or Australia afterwards?

Also, I know it's a heavy workload and lots of hours but could anyone give me an insight into the timetable at all? Or maybe even let me know how they're getting on with it? Any feedback from the course would be great.

Thank you,

Philip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tamzin

Hi Philip,
    I really enjoyed DITs course. For your Q's im not sure how well recognised it is in America but from what I've heard as it is masters level its well looked upon.
    The workload is fine for the first couple of months but NOv and December and April and May are crazy busy! :(The hours vary you have about 20 each semester mainly double classes attendance isn't monitored except for one class.
    I'd really recommend the course but I'd avise getting as much experiene as possible before you start the course as we are suggested to complete a 3 month internship at the end of the second semester but if you have the exprience you can go looking for paid work immediately.
    Hope you enjoy it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 agill

Hey,

I am very interested in doing this course but on looking at the application it looks like it will be tough to get a place..there seems to be a very high standard set with the personal achievements,publishings etc. I completed a degree in commerce and apart from any experience i gained there through assignments etc im not sure i even stand a chance to be considered..does anyone have any advice on this matter? there are positions still to be allocated. Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement