Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer s240hl problem dots on screen when scrolling

Options
  • 30-04-2012 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Having a problem with my new mointer, everything is fine expect for dots and lines forming on the screen when scrolling on pages or loading pages it's actully quite strange.

I think it's the graphics card as I have turned the graphics acceloration down to none and the problem is not as bad the dots appear for a second and then vanish while if I have it on full the hang around. While typing this there are no dots or lines, but if I flick over tabs to Google.com they appear.

Any advise, I am using a 1920 x 1080 pixels on the Acer S240HL the graphics card is a Radeon 9250 which I think is the cause of the problem as it is so old, using a VGA cable also.

If it is the card could someone recommend one with a HDMI output thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Sorry just to update, I fixed the matter just after posting this message. All that was required was a quick reboot.

Although I am in the market for a new graphics card !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

msg11 wrote: »
    I am in the market for a new graphics card !
    Specs of current PC? Budget? Uses? Power Supply?

Advertisement