Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

166man wrote: »
    Jaysus lads Liffey Valley is a fair old trek anyway for myself. Anywhere a bit more central? How about that big carpark they use for the Cars and Coffee meet in Cherrywood? Although somewhere up in Tallaght wouldn't be too bad either...

Liffey Valley is like 2 more exits on the M50 than Tallaght and unlike say, the Square you dont have to drive through anywhere (like Tallaght) to get to it, its right on the motorway. Its the most accessable shopping centre in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Liffey Valley is like 2 more exits on the M50 than Tallaght and unlike say, the Square you dont have to drive through anywhere (like Tallaght) to get to it, its right on the motorway. Its the most accessable shopping centre in the country.

You're hardly saying The Square is hard to find are you?
    You come off the motor way, drive straight, under a bridge, still straight, straight some more and you're there.

I haven't been out to Liffy Valley in a while but last time I was there I remember a maze of round abouts... Could have just been that my mam is hopeless with directions but that's my memory anyway.

......he's just saying its close to Tallaght.

RoverJames wrote: »
    ......he's just saying its close to Tallaght.

Did you read the first part and completely ignore this?
    It is near Tallaght and it's even quicker to get to it from here if you stay off the motor way but that wasn't the only point made here.

166man's post does seem a bit odd in that sense but I don't know, maybe it just feels more remote?
    Anyway, I said I'm fine with either.

I read the whole thing and chose to ignore none of it.

So then you were looking to instigate something?

No, that would be yourself. Driving through somewhere to get somewhere else doesn't make it hard to find, for whatever reason that's how you interpreted the comment. A maze would imply hard to find though, which is a point you made about LV.

Right, I had quite a long passage written there but I decided not to post it, it would have just unnecessarily encouraged an already pointlessly argument waiting to happen.
    We read the comment differently, this doesn't really matter, what ever... I thought you were being condescending so I reacted as such.
    I apologise and I'd just like to move on from it.
    Fair enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I'd like to go to a Dublin meet if one is organised. I work and live in Athlone but come back to Dublin some weekends so can arrange to come back the weekend of a meet, if the meet is at a weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Cherrywood C&C location is best for Dublin.

It's used to groups of cars appearing and there's coffee shops etc...

It's probably also best for someone who can actually drive to the location to organise the meet. And also not someone in a pink car. :pac:

I jest. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Oops my bad. Haven't been out there in a while and didn't realise it was as close to Tallaght as two M50 stops. If the meet were to be on a Saturday, I can't imagine a busy shopping centre being the ideal place for a car meet though, alas I won't say any more on the issue. Once it's in Dublin it should be fine by me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

dar83 wrote: »

It's used to groups of cars appearing and there's coffee shops etc...

It's probably also best for someone who can actually drive to the location to organise the meet. And also not someone in a pink car. :pac:

I jest. ;)

I agree 100% with this post!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

How do people go on the piss every weekend?

was at a bbq last night. this morning, shivering, gagging, sweats, dizzyness...

21036985.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Every weekend? :pac:

CianRyan wrote: »
    You come off the motor way, drive straight, under a bridge, still straight, straight some more and you're there.

I haven't been out to Liffy Valley in a while but last time I was there I remember a maze of round abouts... Could have just been that my mam is hopeless with directions but that's my memory anyway.

Eh no, Im not. Im saying The Square is further from the motorway (M50) than Liffey Valley. The "maze of roundabouts" you mention in Liffey Valley are in the carpark... You can see the motorway from the Liffey Valley carpark (it backs on it to it), as I said its stupid easy to find and get to, a lot more so than the Square, which being an older center is "off motorway".

Im not necesserily even advocating LV over anything else, though its perimeter retail park (B&Q, Halfords, PC World) has its own parking and usually with lots of free space.
    Not for me! Apart from bringing back haunting visions of Dell, its just physically quite far being down the bottom of the M50, its near double the distance vs Tallaght, Liffey Valley or Blanch. Though obviously for some others Im sure its pretty good.

CianRyan wrote: »
    [SIZE="1"]You come off the motor way, drive straight, under a bridge, still straight, straight some more and you're there.[/SIZE]

Eh no, Im not. Im saying The Square is further from the motorway (M50) than Liffey Valley. The "maze of roundabouts" you mention in Liffey Valley are in the carpark... You can see the motorway from the Liffey Valley carpark (it backs on it to it), as I said its stupid easy to find and get to, a lot more so than the Square, which being an older center is "off motorway".

Im not necesserily even advocating LV over anything else, though its perimeter retail park (B&Q, Halfords, PC World) has its own parking and usually with lots of free space.
    Not for me! Apart from bringing back haunting visions of Dell, its just physically quite far being down the bottom of the M50, its near double the distance vs Tallaght, Liffey Valley or Blanch. Though obviously for some others Im sure its pretty good.

Is Cherrywood near loughlinstown?
    I'd be up for that obviously lol!

I'm sorry, I thought this was a "Dublin" meet... :p

You can organise your own one on Trim if you like. :pac:

Seriously though, Cherrywood is the far end of the M50 from me as well, so it's definitely not ideal, but overall it's probably the most suitable to be fair.

Liffey Valley would be fine for me as well, I tend to handle roundabouts ok (directionally, not my car you cheeky swine! :D ). Bur Blanch would be perfect, due to lack of Toll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Blanch or airside could be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

andyseadog wrote: »
    How do people go on the piss every weekend?

was at a bbq last night. this morning, shivering, gagging, sweats, dizzyness...

21036985.jpg

I used to, for about 2 years, untill I learned the error of my ways and funds tightened :pac:

Dublin meet? :D every weekend this month is taken up for me... Sept at the earliest!

If yes, anywhere in Dublin suits. Nowhere in Dublin is hard to get to... I mean find....

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    I used to, for about 2 years, untill I learned the error of my ways and funds tightened :pac:

Dublin meet? :D every weekend this month is taken up for me... Sept at the earliest!

If yes, anywhere in Dublin suits. Nowhere in Dublin is hard to get to... I mean find....

or funds were re-allocated to further research into messing with bangers :pac:

no more drinking for a long time after this, or at least until i go back to college :D

dublin meet sounds great lads, would do my best to make an appearance, preferrably southside though :P

Any mod opinions on the idea of a late August meet? I'd just point out too that Southside is preferable for me too but Liffey Valley shouldn't be too bad.

166man wrote: »
    I'd just point out too that Southside is preferable for me too but Liffey Valley shouldn't be too bad.
    Liffey Valley is Southside!? :pac:
    Ill go away now. ;)
    I'm sorry, I thought this was a "Dublin" meet... :p
    You can organise your own one on Trim if you like. :pac:
    That doesnt mean I cant stir up $hit with the Dub heads.. :D
    Besides, VagDrivers already have a Trim meet and I dont fit in there anymore.

I wonder why on earth not?! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

ah ffs lads.

if your in dublin then anywhere is close and not far away in dublin

ah ffs lads.

if your in dublin then anywhere is close and not far away in dublin

my thoughts exactly :p i only said southside because i'd be coming from 40 odd miles away :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Did I hear Dublin Meet??

If so I'll try pop along too, Tallaght doesn't seem like the best place I wouldn't of thought, don't you have to pay for the carpark too? Would make it a bit more awkward to stick around for a chat. Cherrywood is a bit outta the way for me too but it's a decent spot.

The Dublin meets used to always take place in Eddies on Walkinstown Ave, it has a great carpark where you can easily get loads of spots together and...there's an eddies there!!

Edit: and also, why the end of August? It's a local Dublin meet, I wouldn't imagine it'd be that hard to get a few heads together in the next week or so, it'd only be a few hours (rather than a half day jobby in port laoise etc) just my opinion :)

Ill go away now. ;)

That doesnt mean I cant stir up $hit with the Dub heads.. :D

And I wonder why I didn't get that "A" in leaving cert geography.... :D

Ah fair enough, to be honest the location isn't the issue, it's more that I would hopefully not be working that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

I don't want to sound demanding but it'd be handy if it wasn't going to happen for about 2 weeks. I won't have any insurance until then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

gollywog wrote: »
    Is Cherrywood near loughlinstown?
    I'd be up for that obviously lol!

It's just after the Loughinstown roundabout on N11.

Re Courtown= Tallaght, would not Hazelwood=Little Tallaght!!

Ill go away now. ;)

Geographically, it is on the south bank of the river although it is at a more northerly latitude than much of the intercity northside; best regard it as neither southside nor DNS but wesht Dublin.

• Advertisement

Marcusm wrote: »
    Geographically, it is on the south bank of the river although it is at a more northerly latitude than much of the intercity northside; best regard it as neither southside nor DNS but wesht Dublin.

Dafuq?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Your very good at geography. :)

I'll let someone else pick a date but with the meets before, if nobody just picks a date and time, they'll never happen because there'll never be a day that everyone can make it

It's just after the Loughinstown roundabout on N11.

Re Courtown= Tallaght, would not Hazelwood=Little Tallaght!!

Ha ha yes indeed! Hazelwood is still my official address! you from gorey??

Well I'm getting insured on August 17th so if the meet is before is before that would anyone be kind enough to pick me up? I'll give petrol money and I make a mean cucumber and mayo sandwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

C&C Cherrywood is an established event that's on the first Sunday of every month. Some boardsies already go and I have done myself on occasion. Why don't we just start going to that?

Midweek the Popes Cross is a good location, can get very packed at the weekend, especially if the weather is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The ATWR gang are sitting in clifden now. Galway, gort then Limerick :)

Slightly O/T but Katie Taylor...fcuk yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'll let someone else pick a date but with the meets before, if nobody just picks a date and time, they'll never happen because there'll never be a day that everyone can make it

This is the best idea, one of ye up in Dublin pick a date and a location and stick with it.Not everyone will be able to make it but sure that's life. :)

cgal093 wrote: »
    Oh forgot to mention, when I was down in Cavan I dropped into some relatives. They've got a 2007 Peugeot 407 1.8 petrol sitting in the garden about a year now. It was my cousins but hes working in Australia. Its taxed until December and NCTed until January. Any ideas what its worth?

Anyone have an idea? :)

• Advertisement

This is the best idea, one of ye up in Dublin pick a date and a location and stick with it.Not everyone will be able to make it but sure that's life. :)

+1 I don't post in here enough so one of the more regular dubs, pick a time and we'll see who can make it.

Edit, just saw OSI has picked a date (is that the C&C?) I'll be in Portugal then but I'll pop along to the next one, hopefully I still have the integra by the time it rolls round

Would it be uncool to get my dad to give me a lift?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

hopefully I still have the integra by the time it rolls round

You selling up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

OSI wrote: »
    Sunday 26th in Cherrywood at 12pm?

AFAIK the C&C organisers have an arrangement for that car park to be opened on the first Sunday of every month, otherwise it'll be closed. In fact I think at a recent one there was a new security guard who wasn't aware of the arrangement and had it closed.
    cgal093 wrote: »
    Would it be uncool to get my dad to give me a lift?

If it's in Cherrywood you can get the green line luas straight out. ;)

gollywog wrote: »
    Ha ha yes indeed! Hazelwood is still my official address! you from gorey??

Originally but I left many years before Hazelwood was built. Subsequently I bought a house there for my mother and younger brother to live in. I think it's quite nice near the front......

You selling up?

Yeah, saving for traveling is my priority so I'll pop it up for sale once I NCT it, just get a cheap oul runaround to do me till next year. The girlfriend also wants her licence by the time we go and she can't exactly learn in my current car :D

Any chance of doing it midweek? I know it won't suit everyone but I'm away from the 25th onwards... I do want to go but won't be able to the 26th, any time before that though could be a runner... Sorry lads

26th? Arse, might be still away with the reserves...! :(

Any time after that is grand! September anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Slightly O/T but Katie Taylor...fcuk yeah

Hell yeah! Lives in the estate behind me in Bray where my family home is. She did Ireland proud today!

• Advertisement

Sigh, I think I'll save this box for exhibitions and Saturday nights...

31gd4WyQc7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Going to find out what my "OEM" box sounds like in a short while :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement