Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I like that Audi. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

haha - you're a glutten for punishment man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It looks like Darth Vader for some reason.

533149_447805748582217_205344452828349_100674574_183088877_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

3:52 in that Star wars/trek video!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's weird walking outside and seeing my bimmer in the drive!

The poor polo has been forced into the corner of the drive for it's sins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

On my shopping buzz what do ye make of this guys? Price is steep but apart from that....

Ticks a lot of boxes for me, full service history, 1 owner from new, low mileage etc

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3339435

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Anyone have an NI address? I need to get a bumper delivered from the UK and shipping to the south is €200... I would collect it and buy you a bottle of wine / rum / whiskey / 5w30 for your troubles.

Thanks

conzymaher wrote: »
    Anyone have an NI address? I need to get a bumper delivered from the UK and shipping to the south is €200... I would collect it and buy you a bottle of wine / rum / whiskey / 5w30 for your troubles.

Thanks

i have one...

Rum first though...

>.>

<.<

E39MSport wrote: »
    haha - you're a glutten for punishment man

Who me? :confused:

• Advertisement

Who me? :confused:

yeah - you're far too honest for an internet forum ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's weird walking outside and seeing my bimmer in the drive!

The poor polo has been forced into the corner of the drive for it's sins!

I am really happy for you, unfortunately I am only starting my journey :( . I don't even know for sure what I want :(

Hummmm, Does that mean you really liked that Audi? :p

We know he's a ex-stoner and he was born in the 90's and his mother drives a Yaris... That narrows it down to, what? 100,000 people lol :P

We know he's a ex-stoner and he was born in the 90's and his mother drives a Yaris... That narrows it down to, what? 100,000 people lol :P

Ex-stoner. ;)

Edit: I live in sligo aswell. Now that really narrows it down.

Ex-stoner. ;)

Edit: I live in sligo aswell. Now that really narrows it down.

That's what i said!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I don't get the Audi, looks like every other Audi I see.
    Fat and ugly.

That's what i said!

Sorry, Im em....yessss.

CianRyan wrote: »
    I don't get the Audi, looks like every other Audi I see.
    Fat and ugly.

To be fair I think an a4 would be the wrong car to buy if I was looking to stand out in a crowd. Been there, done that :D

Any ideas on alternatives?

Was that not an A6?
    Either way, I was confused on why it seems worse than any other Audi. Total "Meh" cars.

Alternative to an A4?
    Honda Accord Euro R, Mazda 6 MPS, Toyota Chaser, Nissan Skyline.
    All of which you could proably buy in high spec for the price of a bog spec A4. :)

Was that not an A6?
    Either way, I was confused on why it seems worse than any other Audi. Total "Meh" cars.

Alternative to an A4?
    All of which you could proably buy in high spec for the price of a bog spec A4. :)

Sorry dude, just realised we're talking about two completely different things. haha. thought you were talking about my post not shadow's

• Advertisement

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Sorry dude, just realised we're talking about two completely different things. haha. thought you were talking about my post not shadow's

Haha, my fault, I was on my phone and I didn't open the link, a terrible habit of mine.

The one you posed looks a little better (You'll have to remember you're dealing with a JDM fanboy here) I do like the wheels on it better and the lack of LEDs make the front end look more aggressive.
    I still stand my ground on the suggestions though, the Honda would be the most similar in terms of size and it's also FWD but the power is much nicer @220BHP.
    The Mazda to me would be the most sensible choice in therms of the Irish market, I feel anyway that people would be more familiar with the 6 and so it should be easier to move on, it's AWD which is great for wet/icy weather but then it is a 2.3L turbo and we know how the Irish feel about tax.

Then it's the mad ones, you could buy the Chaser or the Skyline and go everywhere sideways but they're much bigger cars and and the engines can be very thirsty. You'd also be a long time finding one that hasn't been ruined.

People will say I'm mad and that BMWAudi/Mercedes are the way to go but I just can't agree with that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

166man wrote: »

This should be posted in a "what the fook" thread. :pac:

It pains me to look at that. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    A compact!?! :eek:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

The ugly duckling of the family. E36 in Dakar Yellow yes please just not in compact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Was that not an A6?

Alternative to an A4?

That list of cars is for a totally different market than what the A4 was made for. For a start, none of the cars on your list are Diesel. None of them would be as cheap to insure, tax or maintain as the Audi. There are many cars that can be compared favourably against the Audi but none of them are on your list unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

166man wrote: »

That featured in the dreamer thread last year for €5950

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72265693&postcount=1771

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Reckon I got caught speeding there, fairly sure I was over 90km in an 80km zone (n3), saw the flash too. DAMN. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

One of the times I'm actually not doing anything wrong

11am and driving down the bus lanes on Dublin quays and busierran driver looking at me smiling and shaking his head as to say not on :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

robbie_998 wrote: »

11am and driving down the bus lanes on Dublin quays and busierran driver looking at me smiling and shaking his head as to say not on :O

I'm assuming before Ushers island when you are heading in? The works on the riverbank mean that one lane has to be closed and there are fookin huge signs that say you can drive down the bus lane for the duration of the works.

I do it every morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Anyone know here id get a wing for an opel manta A?
    All help appreciated!!

pred racer wrote: »
    Anyone know here id get a wing for an opel manta A?
    All help appreciated!!

Give your local scrapyard a call. :cool:

Thanks man, never thought of that..........

If it was easy, i wouldnt have to ask here would I?

I reckon ill have to look on the continent to get one.
    Any german speakers on here ( waves at MetzgerMeister) fancy having a look for me:D

There's a guy in Limerick with 6 or 7 Manta's, i could try get onto my cousin to get a number for him?

edit: That would be much better suited in the "Wanted thread" on the Classic car side of things.

Any german speakers on here ( waves at MetzgerMeister) fancy having a look for me:D

Em, no problem, There is a scrapyard in ballina Co. Mayo. Demphys or something like that. There stock a great amount of parts. But it would be a bit of a cruse for you being from tipp and all.

Now im not sure about paris. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

You'd be doing well to get good front wings for Manta A in your average scrap yard:eek:

You'd be doing well to get good front wings for Manta A in your average scrap yard:eek:

Ya, suspose, I really couldent think of anything else. :(

There's a guy in Limerick with 6 or 7 Manta's, i could try get onto my cousin to get a number for him?

edit: That would be much better suited in the "Wanted thread" on the Classic car side of things.

That would be great, thanks.
    Ill try the wanted thread too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

dgt wrote: »

I'm assuming before Ushers island when you are heading in? The works on the riverbank mean that one lane has to be closed and there are fookin huge signs that say you can drive down the bus lane for the duration of the works.

I do it every morning :)

I didn't do that part oday, twas further down

Walking through Dublin city now and just got passed by one of those Viking boat car things...

I want one .....

I didn't do that part oday, twas further down

Walking through Dublin city now and just got passed by one of those Viking boat car things...

I want one .....

The 'Duck'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DUKW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The 'Duck'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZzqDH8d0QujxD10ffCJghtSrufysm5W54p8_K6aV_D016oEoFs2DTihnU

Quazzie wrote: »
    That list of cars is for a totally different market than what the A4 was made for. For a start, none of the cars on your list are Diesel. None of them would be as cheap to insure, tax or maintain as the Audi. There are many cars that can be compared favourably against the Audi but none of them are on your list unfortunately

They're very different but I'd still rather them over an A4.

If you really want to go Diesel and buy a Mazda 6 2.2L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Theres a garage not too far away from me that had a load of old Opels (O Neils) I'll put a link up on maps when I'm at a computer. Cars are now hidden round the back of the place.

Whats the crack on the Slane to Collon road with wires running across the road and cameras on poles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

There is some amount of room in the back of an Integra, just moved my whole life in the ITR & an ix35 :eek:

The hunt is on for a new home! :D

Now I'm back home for a few days should be able to get a few of the little jobs done on the car, full set of Teng tools in the garage! Gotta love ex panel beater Daddys :D

Oh god that's very depressing when I read that first part back :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

So I moved out, got the internet at long last and got another car.

Its another Polo, but this one should be the last. :o

What'd I miss anyways?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Randy Hickey would like to announce that, following his recent painful separation from his beloved Lexus Gs300, he is now ( as of last night ) embarking on a new relationship - not with a Mondeo or an Avensis :eek: , but with a rather sexy Honda Accord CDTi.

I think I'm in love again........:D

The build quality and specs of the last 2 generations of Nissan Skyline are easily comparable to any A4 or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

And you wouldn't be wrong to want any of the cars on your list over the A4 but that just means you're not the market that the A4 was intended for. For a better comparison would you take the cars on your list over a S4?
    The build quality and specs of the last 2 generations of Nissan Skyline are easily comparable to any A4 or similar.
    I was more referring to the market which the A4 is aimed at, rather than the build quality/overall quality.

Quazzie wrote: »
    And you wouldn't be wrong to want any of the cars on your list over the A4 but that just means you're not the market that the A4 was intended for. For a better comparison would you take the cars on your list over a S4?

I was more referring to the market which the A4 is aimed at, rather than the build quality/overall quality.

All the cars that were listed are not performance cars so I don't see a comparison to an S4. They have performance versions yes, but the cars mentioned are all designed and sold as mid size 4 door saloons. They don't compete with the A4 in Europe but in the US and Asia some of them do.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement