Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

From reading around your posts I hope you're kidding. That's some u-turn if true.

Yeah well my current situation dictates that I must go diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I just want say, I commend your public and courageous decision to come out like you have. You will surely inspire many more young men to step out and finally admit their persuasion to their family, friends and the masses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

If you're kidding I'm banning you for trolling (just sayin) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

Does anyone know out of interest if you can find out how many of a particular make and model were registered in a year? Would be nice to see how many are around, I've only seem a handful since I got the car a couple of years ago

If you're kidding I'm banning you for trolling (just sayin) :p

Well then I shall not be banned :)

Turtle-TM wrote: »
    Does anyone know out of interest if you can find out how many of a particular make and model were registered in a year? Would be nice to see how many are around, I've only seem a handful since I got the car a couple of years ago

What car is it out of interest?

I saw a chart of cars and how many were sold but I can't for love nor money remember where or what it was. Have you searched the CSO's website?

Well then I shall not be banned :)

What car is it out of interest?

I saw a chart of cars and how many were sold but I can't for love nor money remember where or what it was. Have you searched the CSO's website?

2005 Audi A8 3.0tdi SE Quattro would be the full model name. Never really tried to look into it too much, just curious as you don't see too many around, mine is an early 05 pre facelift, have seen 2 or 3 like mine and maybe 4 of the later 05 facelift.

Only know of 2 S8's, one is an 06 in leixlip and the other was 08 I saw at the audi dealer being serviced. 500bhp, sounds amazing too.

The person to talk to about that kind of car is Matt Simis if he's around.

The person to talk to about that kind of car is Matt Simis if he's around.

Could he tell me how to stop it sneaking into the house at night and taking all the money from my wallet?! :) Although in fairness, it's the government that steal the most money from me in tax and diesel duty!

Could he tell me how to stop it sneaking into the house at night and taking all the money from my wallet?! :) Although in fairness, it's the government that steal the most money from me in tax and diesel duty!

He probably could! The same guy installed an LPG tank into his S8!

He probably could! The same guy installed an LPG tank into his S8!

An LPG S8! Would love to see what bhp he gets from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

its back lads! blue wheel nuts and centre cap + full vallet! :D

4E0D9241-D13E-43C2-B6BD-CA7DC89074E1-8551-00001497D9A00D2A.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

It looks good!
    Was it the same valet as last week?

coolisin wrote: »
    It looks good!
    Was it the same valet as last week?

Yup. He did a great job. Fair play to him!

a bit better pic of locknuts maybe. i really like the way they look. i was afraid they will look scangy, but they dont. ( at least i dont think so, and i dont care what you think!!! you just to scang all the cars by putting spoilers on them!!!! :pac: )

B5AF8548-C750-4AA5-846C-8DB97C2CA5B7-8551-000014982791B2E9.jpg

Looking well SH!!

One thing though...it needs a
    :pac:

Looking well SH!!

One thing though...it needs a

BSG_FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU_by_mseliga1138.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Any detailing republic mods on here atm ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

An LPG S8! Would love to see what bhp he gets from it.
    I sold it a couple months back, but mine wasnt the newer D3 model with 500bhp, it was the older D2 model (ie the one in Ronin) which put out about 340bhp stock. Remapped maybe 350-360 bhp. It ran great on LPG.

Ive got some off the record facts and figures like that before, but as I say, off the record from friends in blue (or revenue). However this is close enough, 2007 is the furthest back it goes:
    http://www.beepbeep.ie/stats/?sYear%5B%5D=2007&sYear%5B%5D=&sRegType=1&sMonth%5B%5D=&sMonth%5B%5D=&sMake%5B%5D=Audi&sRange%5B%5D=A8&x=39&y=7

Single digit registrations in most months, quite uncommon indeed!

Matt Simis wrote: »
    I sold it a couple months back, but mine wasnt the newer D3 model with 500bhp, it was the older D2 model (ie the one in Ronin) which put out about 340bhp stock. Remapped maybe 350-360 bhp. It ran great on LPG.

Ive got some off the record facts and figures like that before, but as I say, off the record from friends in blue (or revenue). However this is close enough, 2007 is the furthest back it goes:
    http://www.beepbeep.ie/stats/?sYear%5B%5D=2007&sYear%5B%5D=&sRegType=1&sMonth%5B%5D=&sMonth%5B%5D=&sMake%5B%5D=Audi&sRange%5B%5D=A8&x=39&y=7

According to that, there was 24 Mazda6 MPS's sold in Ireland in 2007 :)

• Advertisement

According to that, there was 24 Mazda6 MPS's sold in Ireland in 2007 :)
    Indicating its also very uncommon on our roads, does that back up your perception of it, from seeing them, talking to other MPS owners here etc? Im just wondering how accurate the site is. So far, looks correct to me.

Indicating its also very uncommon on our roads, does that back up your perception of it, from seeing them, talking to other MPS owners here etc? Im just wondering how accurate the site is. So far, looks correct to me.

On the way to Dublin last Saturday on the N7, I saw a grey one. That was my first time ever seeing one on the roads. The only other one I saw was a black one in a Mazda dealership in Limerick in 2009.

That site would seem accurate considering my experience but people who have had them before or have known of them since 2007 might have seen a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Seen a lovely 08? white rs4 going down the n11 earlier. Some boo off her :).

Thanks for the info, love seeing that only one lunatic went for the 4.2 petrol in the whole year! I knew they were rare enough, although you see a few on carzone they dont tend to sell, people have them up at way above what theyre worth, which i can imagine can hurt if you bought it from new for 89-95k. mine has a lump of miles on it, but runs like new, most comfortable car I've ever driven, beats a merc s class or 7 series hands down.

i always make a note of the year and engine size of any ive seen, theres one D2 on Sth circular road, then its mainly D3 3.0tdi or 4.0 tdi, the odd 4.2 petrol, then the S8 i see in leixlip. have only seen 1 D4 A8, down in meath, so theres still money somewhere!

as for your D2, how did you manage to part ways with it, thats the car that made me fall in love with big Audi's. the chase seen in Ronin with the S8 is pure motor erotica!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Seems like a 6 MPS is more rare than my my T/A! :eek:

Friend of mine imported an 06 S8 in early 2008. Cost him the GB£ equivalent of €65k plus €35k VRT. It stood him €100k but the few on sale here at the time were asking €120k+. His business failed and he sold it in 2011 for €27k. :eek::(:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Sorry Mods for off topic post but andyseadog closed his account...:(:(:(

• Advertisement

-Corkie- wrote: »

Re-reg as andyglanza shortly! :pac:

This account closing gig is happening a lot lately. Initially I thought it was a reflection on the forum but the more I see it it screams attention seeking, especially as most of them come back. ;)

There is an MPS in Headford in Galway i know of, not sure of the eyar though.

Was at work today upstairs moving some furniture around and i saw a Focus RS pull up beside my ST same colour, it was a splendid thing to behold, nice fella too as he was in buying

Also 77 ST's registered in 2007 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

my car is muckier than a tractor right now ! but inside is spotless :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Re-reg as andyglanza shortly! :pac:

This account closing gig is happening a lot lately. Initially I thought it was a reflection on the forum but the more I see it it screams attention seeking, especially as most of them come back. ;)

I came back because I missed this thread and I wanted the cool username. :D

my car is muckier than a tractor right now ! but inside is spotless :-)

That's Kopparberg for ya.

Will clean out your insides but still leave you sh1tty on the outside. ;)

(Worst re-reg handle ever BTW! :eek:)

• Advertisement

Seems like a 6 MPS is more rare than my my T/A! :eek:

Friend of mine imported an 06 S8 in early 2008. Cost him the GB£ equivalent of €65k plus €35k VRT. It stood him €100k but the few on sale here at the time were asking €120k+. His business failed and he sold it in 2011 for €27k. :eek::(:eek:

I'm not surprised he only got that much. They are a fortune to service. I've not found an independent garage that has the software needed to fully carry out a service, I.e reset service indicator,diagnose fault codes and release the electronic hand brack to change the pads. On top of the fact they take 12+ ltrs of oil! It's an absolute money pit, but god is it a joy to drive, flick the paddle shift down to fourth and overtaking only takes a second. The diesel is a fantastic engine,7.4ltrs/100km on motorways.

Any A8's out there now are still 24-28 grand for an 05, in reality they are only worth 17-18, I got mine for 15 cause of higher mileage, then there was 5k work to be done, which the dealer couldn't fix, so had to get audi to do it and go to court for the money back.

IThe diesel is a fantastic engine

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's Kopparberg for ya.

Will clean out your insides but still leave you sh1tty on the outside. ;)

FVCKEN LOL :D:D:D

Im considering referbing the alloys on the punto, what colour (May be spelled wrong!) would suit the broom yellow shade on the car?

Black imo.

A refurb and powdercoat on 4 wheels would be pricey though, on 19" wheels it's even worse :(

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Black imo.

A refurb and powdercoat on 4 wheels would be pricey though, on 19" wheels it's even worse :(

Ah ya, was considering black or white. Bit twud be a D.I.Y. jobs.

Ah ya, was considering black or white. Bit twud be a D.I.Y. jobs.

White??? Not a hope!

-Corkie- wrote: »

:(

Bye Andy dude.
    fingers crossed he does come back though :pac:

White??? Not a hope!

Ah why not?

Feck diy paint jobs, save for powdercoating tbh, im too anal to even paint my grey trim :p

• Advertisement

Ah why not?

On a yellow car? It would be all wrong. White on a dark coloured car, yes. Not on a bright one!

Feck diy paint jobs, save for powdercoating tbh, im too anal to even paint my grey trim :p

Ah now Jim! :p

On a yellow car? It would be all wrong. White on a dark coloured car, yes. Not on a bright one!

4ee7d8b95eae5_1.jpg

Not tickling your taste buds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

White??? Not a hope!

Ah why not?

or yellow car. silver alloys and either a big black stripe down the middle or two stripes side by side down the middle.

transformers and all that

or yellow car. silver alloys and either a big black stripe down the middle or two stripes side by side down the middle.

transformers and all that

I didnt get any of that. lol

as for your D2, how did you manage to part ways with it,
    You already alluded to it, but people tend to make out its impossible to sell big performance cars here, its not if you price aggressively. Obviously thats an easy thing to say if you bought it (well) used to begin with but not if you bought it near new. Depreciation is possibly the highest in the world on performance cars here in Ireland, making it great for petrol heads. If only there were more than the handful of us (all you have to say is motor tax to find out who is who).

I sold the S8 in about 2wks IRC and I just sold a 540i in about 3hrs, both on Donedeal. I dont bother with Carzone and the like (lol @ CBG for this type of sale). I also let people on Irish forums know, though that never actually resulted in a sale.

PS: I suspect Ill be selling my remaining V8, a 560SEC in about a month. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

4ee7d8b95eae5_1.jpg

Not tickling your taste buds?

Nope man not really sorry!! Black all day long....

Thinking of getting my wheels fefurbed in black, any thoughts??

Jesus that's an old song haha I grew out of that type of thing years ago, can't stand blastbeat now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ah why not?

:mad:

That's crap about Andy. I hope he comes back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement