Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

200 is peanuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Aye. A leather sports interiour from an E39 M5 goes for 700-1000 EUR. Normal sports interior 500 EUR.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

colm_mcm wrote: »
    So you'd like a leather interior for free!

Preferably, but I understand times are tough, so I'll give you my left sock, a broken iPhone and a half eaten packet of Tayto, that alright?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

166man wrote: »
    Preferably, but I understand times are tough, so I'll give you my left sock, a broken iPhone and a half eaten packet of Tayto, that alright?

Are the taytos gone all soft and soggy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

1,600 for a 98 vento? Surly it isn't worth that?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056623918&page=526

Stheno wrote: »
    Are the taytos gone all soft and soggy?

Only half of them so it's all good. Pretty fair deal imo but if needs be I'll throw in my toothbrush as well... Needs must and all that...

............. 20% the value of the car!

But if you want it you want it :)

I spent €175 on a Pirelli P Zero and another €240 on a stat and associated housing/pipework and coolant change which went hand in hand with it. That's €415 in two weeks and there's a gallon of Mobil 1 going into her before the Winter hits.

My car is worth less than yours :pac:

RoverJames wrote: »
    But if you want it you want it :)

I spent €175 on a Pirelli P Zero and another €240 on a stat and associated housing/pipework and coolant change which went hand in hand with it. That's €415 in two weeks and there's a gallon of Mobil 1 going into her before the Winter hits.

There's no way that ZT is worth €800 is there?

I need two new front tyres too. I think they're 16's running 205/55 R16 so tyres shouldn't be too costly I hope. New grille and badge just bought this evening and bumper polish so lots of work for the weekend.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Only half of them so it's all good. Pretty fair deal imo but if needs be I'll throw in my toothbrush as well... Needs must and all that...

Nah you can leave the toothbrush thanks :)

Did you try over on alfaowner?
    There's no way that ZT is worth €800 is there?

I need two new front tyres too. I think they're 16's running 205/55 R16 so tyres shouldn't be too costly I hope. New grille and badge just bought this evening and bumper polish so lots of work for the weekend.
    I've to get a couple of tyres too, am going to tyreland.

Where'd you get the badge? I've lost mine on the front and the back one is shabby

• Advertisement

Going to a concert in the academy next Wednesday and I want to get 2 tyres in tyreland before it, would the one in swords be much handier for getting to?

Edit: if rj or anyone wants a tyre or 2 I could bring them down no hassle?

There's no way that ZT is worth €800 is there?............

Who said it was ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Priceless to you mind as long as it keeps going

Cheers Steve :)
    I'm ok at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You'll be passing by me on the way back. Could you grab me 2 x 225/40/18 and 2 x 255/30/18 Bridgestone Potenzas?

Thanks lad!

Nah you can leave the toothbrush thanks :)

Did you try over on alfaowner?

I've to get a couple of tyres too, am going to tyreland.

Where'd you get the badge? I've lost mine on the front and the back one is shabby

Toothbrush was a joke of course...:P

Haven't tried there yet, probably should though. I don't think I'd have an issue paying decent money for one though.

Just bought the badge and grill there on adverts. €30 for the front one and grill, seems alright I suppose.
    Who said it was ?

You said it was worth less than the 156 which is worth about €800...

• Advertisement

There's no way that ZT is worth €800 is there?...............

To me the above implies you reckon it's worth less than €800.

You said it was worth less than the 156 which is worth about €800...

True.

So I don't really see your point at all as it seems we're in agreement.

Going to a concert in the academy next Wednesday and I want to get 2 tyres in tyreland before it, would the one in swords be much handier for getting to?

You're coming from Cork yeah? Swords would be easier, fly up the M50, up the M1 and then take the tunnel back into the city. Leave at least an hour to get the tyres, they can get fierce busy! Always wondered what the academy was until now, I pass it regularly!
    You'll be passing by me on the way back. Could you grab me 2 x 225/40/18 and 2 x 255/30/18 Bridgestone Potenzas?

Thanks lad!

MM, might be an idea to give them (tyreland) a ring and see if they have them in stock if that's where you want them from :)
    Haven't tried there yet, probably should though. I don't think I'd have an issue paying decent money for one though.

Just bought the badge and grill there on adverts. €30 for the front one and grill, seems alright I suppose.

Would gtv interior fit? There are always gtvs being broken on there.

Cheers for the info on the badges :)

To me the above implies you reckon it's worth less than €800.

True.

So I don't really see your point at all as it seems we're in agreement.

You mean, we agree on something? :eek:

:pac:

MM, might be an idea to give them (tyreland) a ring and see if they have them in stock if that's where you want them from :)

I was taking the mick ;) What I'm looking for is probably the most awkward combination especially since it's the one brand I'm after!

You mean, we agree on something? :eek:
    :pac:

Do you know, there are pigs in the sky outside my window!

• Advertisement

I was taking the mick ;) What I'm looking for is probably the most awkward combination especially since it's the one brand I'm after!

Lol, that's me and my non existent knowledge :D

You'd be surprised what the tyreland mob get in, and if they don't have it, they'll tell you if they are likely to get it, and hold them for you :)

Lol, that's me and my non existent knowledge :D

You'd be surprised what the tyreland mob get in, and if they don't have it, they'll tell you if they are likely to get it, and hold them for you :)

I'm of the opinion that buying part-worns is a bit of a false economy a lot of the time unless you can get what you're looking for cheap enough.

I'd rather buy new than buy part worns but it's not always the case that you won't get good use out of them.

I'm of the opinion that buying part-worns is a bit of a false economy a lot of the time unless you can get what you're looking for cheap enough.

I'd rather buy new than buy part worns but it's not always the case that you won't get good use out of them.

Fair enough :)

I'd agree with you, but I find it easier to shell out twice for part worns than murder new tyres due to the cost :)

Fair enough :)

I'd agree with you, but I find it easier to shell out twice for part worns than murder new tyres due to the cost :)

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not saying that I'll never go for part-worns but there would have to be plenty of life in them before I would.

The main problem for me though is, where did they come from.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not saying that I'll never go for part-worns but there would have to be plenty of life in them before I would.

The main problem for me though is, where did they come from.

I can't remember exactly, but I think Tyreland get theirs from Germany?

I can't remember exactly, but I think Tyreland get theirs from Germany?

Sorry, I meant what car they came from and why they came off it. It's fairly easy to see if they're plugged, patched or whatever but I'd also be weary of trying to get them fitted. All the tyre shops here only fit tyres they sell.

thanks shteno ill head that way :)

MM, i got quoted 45e balanced and fitted for 225/40/18 for a bridgestone, might be worth it ya never know :)

any other regular users here that are from cork that might need a tyre anyway gimme a shout we can work out something :)

Sorry, I meant what car they came from and why they came off it. It's fairly easy to see if they're plugged, patched or whatever but I'd also be weary of trying to get them fitted. All the tyre shops here only fit tyres they sell.

Ah I get you now, I get tyreland to do my fitting, and they listen to me when I tell them the tyre pressures

Forgot you'd be trying to get them fitted in another place!

@ Ardennes you are welcome :)

Just a hint on getting to tyreland, take the 3rd exit from the M1, turn right at airside (Travel lodge) and then you are on the same side of the road, if you take the 2nd exit there is no junction to get you across the road to Tyreland.

got my repeat result....i passed! :D hopefully i can finally enjoy education again! auf wiedersehen economics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

got my repeat result....i passed! :D hopefully i can finally enjoy education again! auf wiedersehen economics!

Fair play dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just saw this on Reddit...

http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/zv47p/cute_girl_came_to_get_her_oil_changed_and_to/
    Cute girl came to get her oil changed and to check this "slight" grinding coming from her brakes.. she didn't fix it and had to sign a wavier releasing stupidity

XlrLp.jpg

:eek:

might get a few strange/awkward looks in college but sure **** it :D not finished yet but almost done

578525_468126016551430_441623391_n.jpg

as i said, not done yet bru!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Picking up a new car today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I don't see a problem. They are the new Super Vented discs........ Better air flow. :D

Picking up a new car today :D

..... Tell us more ffs :pac:

It's fairly boring tbh as its just a Diesel Family car but it's a step up from what I was driving, It's a 12 Fluence 1.5DCi, it does however have a few toys that I think I'll like such as Cruise Control, Bluetooth, Keyless entry and Start, Special order alloys, upgraded sound system, auto dimming mirror and it got a Diamondbrite treatment from the dealer before we picked it up. 7700 with the trade in of the previously crashed Clio along with the damage and scratch on the rear, also got a 5 year unlimited Mileage warranty.

So pretty boring but its a step up from the Clio along with there being cheaper tax and Insurance.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Dropped my boss out to beshoff motors to pick up a nice space grey E60 523i in M Sport trim.

They have some serious cars out there!

A CL600
    55803.jpg

A 650i
    a141b.jpg

And.... :eek:

405b2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

conzy wrote: »
    And.... :eek:

Are you aware the CL600 you posted first is more expensive, more powerful (BiTurbo V12 and nearly 200ft/lb more torque than the M5) and faster (0-60, 0-100, Qtr mile etc) than the M5? :p

• Advertisement

Congrats :)

Btw, I was wrong it's left, not right at the travel lodge to go to tyreland!

Interesting story with that CL600, it was owned by a neighbour of mine whose wife drives a 2008 318i estate.

His new car is a 12 D 520d..... :D

I was looking for a free offline sat nav thingy for my phone for a while and started using this app called navfree. Does exactly what I wanted here and is just as good as wise pilot etc I'd imagine. I'd recommend it as its so handy for a back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Yeah i've used that for a while too and its pretty good for a free app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'd say once my mam buys an Iphone 5 and gives me her 4 I'll grab that, I tried one or two before on my 3G (not even S) and they just wouldn't work right, far too slow.

It's fairly boring tbh as its just a Diesel Family car but it's a step up from what I was driving, It's a 12 Fluence 1.5DCi, it does however have a few toys that I think I'll like such as Cruise Control, Bluetooth, Keyless entry and Start.............

Happy out, safe motoring with it :)

Cruise control is very handy, I use it most days heading in along the Lower Glanmire Rd and similar places where it's all too easy to speed.

• Advertisement

Happy out, safe motoring with it :)

Cruise control is very handy, I use it most days heading in along the Lower Glanmire Rd and similar places where it's all too easy to speed.

Thanks :). The main thing will be getting used to the difference in the clutch in the Diesel compared to Petrol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

I was looking for a free offline sat nav thingy for my phone for a while and started using this app called navfree. Does exactly what I wanted here and is just as good as wise pilot etc I'd imagine. I'd recommend it as its so handy for a back up

Yeah, the auld NavFree ain't bad. Used to use it a fair bit myself. If you can stretch to €1.79, I'd go for Skobler. It just works a wee bit better, interface is much smoother. At least on the iPhone.

And if you have an iPhone, the new apple maps are being provided by Navteq (TomTom), and are including there HD Traffic with it, which is a damn nice feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Yeah, the auld NavFree ain't bad. Used to use it a fair bit myself. If you can stretch to €1.79, I'd go for Skobler. It just works a wee bit better, interface is much smoother. At least on the iPhone.

And if you have an iPhone, the new apple maps are being provided by Navteq (TomTom), and are including there HD Traffic with it, which is a damn nice feature.

Search for Dublin Zoo on Apple maps and see where it brings you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

MM, i got quoted 45e balanced and fitted for 225/40/18 for a bridgestone, might be worth it ya never know :)

any other regular users here that are from cork that might need a tyre anyway gimme a shout we can work out something :)

I might get some.....
    How much are the 225/40/18 un fitted?
    Also wonder how much a 185/60/14 would be.
    Wanna be pretty cheap to make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

When did you get quoted that? Last time I was looking for tyres the only thing they had in 225/40/18's was new triangles for 85e a corner :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement