Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

RoverJames wrote: »
    Maybe he didn't actually know it was used but presumed as you were bringing it to the till you were happy with your selection. Generally speaking only a f**ktard would do what you did and reckon it's 1 - 0 to you.

It's looking like BW 0 - Common Sense 2 to me, both OGs too ;)

He tried to scan the used can of paint. He failed to scan it. as I stated in the first post on this subject.

A F**ktard? I'm offended RJ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

i dont understand why he couldnt scan it because it was half empty? the barcode would still be the same unless there was paint dripping down the can covering it??

speaking of paint i must head to halfords myself and get some to spray these headlight washer caps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

This Halfords story has gone on too long,I'd prefer to discuss double sided sticky tape again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

3M make very good double-sided tape. There's one that can be got in most motor factors which is black with a green backing on it. I don't know who makes it but it's good.

Most car manufacturers use the grey 3M stuff so I'd prefer it based on that fact alone.

Also, opening up this thread for posts arguing about fvcken rattle cans is beyond annoying. Please stop!

A F**ktard? I'm offended RJ.

Generally speaking :)
    I've no doubt you're not a f**ktard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ah lads pack it in with the spray paint talk... Can we talk about MM's diesel 6 instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I still think you're mad for buying ****ty Halfords paint in ****ty over priced Halfords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

CianRyan wrote: »
    I still think you're mad for buying ****ty Halfords paint in ****ty over priced Halfords.

What's wrong with a tenner for colour match paint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Agreed. If you're going down that kind of route at all I don't really see the issue with Halfords stock of the stuff.

If you're going to be more precious then you wouldn't consider buying any sort of paint yourself and you'd be bringing it to a body shop who mix their own paints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Need some opinions people....

Should I remove the vinyl on the doors of the 406 or leave em alone? Some of them look a bit too tatty for my liking....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

dgt wrote: »
    Need some opinions people....

Should I remove the vinyl on the doors of the 406 or leave em alone? Some of them look a bit too tatty for my liking....
    Just answered your own question there :)

Gary ITR wrote: »

Ya, that dgt. Get rid of it quick! :p

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Ya, that dgt. Get the of quick! :p

Cheers! That'll be a job for some evening :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

dgt wrote: »
    Cheers! That'll be a job for some evening :)

better take the engine out to raise the car so you don't hurt your back

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

My phone is lost in the car.. the only place it can be is in the air vents under the passenger seat..

I'll have to take out the seat and most of the carpet on that side of the car.. but sure what else would you be doing on a hungover Sunday afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Isn't that quite common on the 3 series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

colm_mcm wrote: »

If it is I may have a look, see how many phones are down there after the last 7 years :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

conzy wrote: »
    My phone is lost in the car.. the only place it can be is in the air vents under the passenger seat..

I'll have to take out the seat and most of the carpet on that side of the car.. but sure what else would you be doing on a hungover Sunday afternoon

Have some double sided tape or a clothes hanger? Should be able to hook it out.

Phones used to be bigger years ago :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

colm_mcm wrote: »

It is and the 5 series too. I have seen threads about it sine the introduction of smartphones..

@Tuborg man I took the plunge last nite and slaughtered a rake of Tuborg... Its yum..

• Advertisement

my brothers headlight,parking bulbs and brake light filament all blew together the other day. thought it'd be a fuse or something to cause them all to go on the same side but just put in new bulbs and all is good. could a power surge or something along those lines have blown them? i have a feeling they'll be blown again in a few days

my brothers headlight,parking bulbs and brake light filament all blew together the other day. thought it'd be a fuse or something to cause them all to go on the same side but just put in new bulbs and all is good. could a power surge or something along those lines have blown them? i have a feeling they'll be blown again in a few days

I wonder is it the relay that's causing it.

Bad earth perhaps?

would a bad earth cause them to blow or just not work? cos the new ones worked from the off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Anyone else drive in the Dundrum area in the morning/evening?

Anyone else notice a change in the lights sequence at the Big luas bridge (near Joe Daly's cycles)? There used to be two sets of lights you had to go through (coming from Clonskea to Dundrum Town Center) and both of them went green at the same time. Now the light sequence has changed in the second set of lights and its causing massive tailbacks. Not a happy camper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

CianRyan wrote: »

But its cheaper than the local motor factors. As lm said 10 quid for off the shelf colour match paint. I think its more if they need to mix it up for you but then again the local motorfactors charged me 25 quid for the same service the last time I got a can mixed up. They use Holt's paint, the same as halfords use..

Got the new badge and grille for the 156 fitted today. Only pictures could do it justice, not even joking. Such a small part changes the car completely. Given the whole car a polish and painted the front bumpers black.

Genuinely haven't seen the car looking this well in a long long time. Absolutely chuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Can't get my main account to log in even though im entering password and username properly aswell as the send to email function not working, any mods able to help me ?

Can't get my main account to log in even though im entering password and username properly aswell as the send to email function not working, any mods able to help me ?

Help desk?

• Advertisement

We have a helpdesk now ?

Well i never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

would a bad earth cause them to blow

Yes.

just finished chapter 1 of michel thomas language cds, much better than i thought it would be. has really brought it back to me :D

em, someday i will drive in germany and this will help with understanding road signs (on topic ftw!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

em, someday i will drive in germany and this will help with understanding road signs (on topic ftw!)

So you're telling me, that "Ausfahrt" is not a rather large city ?

/M

Nope, just exit god bless the Germans :pac:

Nope, just exit god bless the Germans :pac:

You're some child! :P

• Advertisement

How dya mean now feeeeen?:p

If it's not bottles of spray paint it's Ausfarts :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

166man wrote: »
    Got the new badge and grille for the 156 fitted today. Only pictures could do it justice, not even joking. Such a small part changes the car completely. Given the whole car a polish and painted the front bumpers black.

Genuinely haven't seen the car looking this well in a long long time. Absolutely chuffed.

My car has lost it's front badge, it looks naked.

Some cars look good debadged at the front...

Got the phone after a few hours of head scratching / tea drinking / arsing around.

The phone was on silent so we rang it and used a radio to listen for interference, it was stronger on the driver side so we concentrated on that side :pac:

macgyver12.jpg

A few pics

02b30.jpg

58516.jpg

52922.jpg

Obligatory sitting in car with no seat photo

70064.jpg

Did this so it wouldn't happen again

4106b.jpg

• Advertisement

How in the name of god did you manage to get a phone in there ?:p

How in the name of god did you manage to get a phone in there ?:p

Heavy braking!

conzy wrote: »
    Heavy braking!

Even your pockets shat themselves! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Shift happens.

/M

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3909606

I know the chap who owns this. Lets just say, the sump hit speed bumps, then I had hot dinners.

I know the chap who owns this. Lets just say, the sump hit speed bumps, then I had hot dinners.

Should be in the dreamers thread tbh

1.6 with 1.9 on the log book, how does that even make sense ? :p

Should be in the dreamers thread tbh

1.6 with 1.9 on the log book, how does that even make sense ? :p

1.6 TURBO.

1.6 TURBO.

Oh i see :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

I have had a 1998 Micra since it was 18 months old and was delighted when it flew through the NCT this morning. The best bit is that everything, (except the tyres of course!), on the car is original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Is that where you used the cans of spray paint?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement