Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Now i just need plastidip arrr, i know it's sad but i have been working out my plastidip strategy while at work, don't tell my boss !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

So brush on stuff and leave calipers on, got it !

Might do the same myself, always thought I'd have to take them off to do a proper job..

So this is the stuff:

Linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I was going to do it, then decided not to after putting the Yellow Stuff pads on. They've left me with a little bit of yellow visible through the Alloys so I'm not sure how Red would look with them. I actually have all the stuff required to do them sitting here as well...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

There's a lad with an ST that parks in the same carpark as we use in work.
    His are red and look well so might go for it myself.

Caliper painting weekend then? :D

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    Caliper painting weekend then? :D

I will bring the brushes !

Also Dar quit playing with my emotions i looked at my wheels today and died a little inside looking at the kerbing on them from previous owners wife, i NEED plastidip naow ! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I need to do the calipers on the golf, and I'll do the Ibiza too once I get new brakes for it.

Thinks gloss black is the way to go

I aint playing with nothing. I'll be leaving it open for the weekend then probably putting the order in next week. To be honest, I think it's only gonna be yourself and Steve that want any, apart from me, so I'll not leave it up much longer.

I aint playing with nothing. I'll be leaving it open for the weekend then probably putting the order in next week. To be honest, I think it's only gonna be yourself and Steve that want any, apart from me, so I'll not leave it up much longer.

Im gonna go with 8 anyway, black ofc but you already know this, doubt he will get away with 10 to do the whole car though.

He should buy a couple of 5 litre buckets and just pour it over his car and head to the pub come back bish-bosh done, could be the new thing ! :pac:

I think he was more talking about getting 10 cans to do all the usual things (5 for wheels, 3 for front grilles and fog surrounds and 2 for lower lip/side badges etc...). ;)

• Advertisement

I think he was more talking about getting 10 cans to do all the usual things (5 for wheels, 3 for front grilles and fog surrounds and 2 for lower lip/side badges etc...). ;)

You ruined my fun mental image, THANKS :(

+ You have made me afraid again that 8 won't be enough for my Tractor wheels (alloys) and the grilles/fog surrounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Anyone have any experience with halfords advanced socket sets? I can get the 170 piece kit for €135 at the moment and it has everything I need more or less

Yup, top class stuff, got their large socket set for around €110 i think and used the 10% off voucher, some kit.

Anyone have any experience with halfords advanced socket sets? I can get the 170 piece kit for €135 at the moment and it has everything I need more or less

I got something like the 120 piece one without the hew keys 5 or 6 years ago, think it was Halfords Pro rather than Halfords Advanced Pro dunno if that's a big difference or not, lifetime guarantee bla bla.

Can't complain really with it but I wouldn't be a heavy user tbh, oil changes and small jobs etc.

For €135 I doubt you'd be disappointed.

Hate companies you email to check price on a product service for comparison (after they have a link for that very reason) and they then go ahead and send a reply asking you to phone them. Like whats the point, i just wanted a number

Hate companies you email to check price on a product service for comparison (after they have a link for that very reason) and they then go ahead and send a reply asking you to phone them. Like whats the point, i just wanted a number

They might well want to ascertain is their price competitive or not and if they have you on the phone they might be able to respond with some discount perhaps. Won't work with everyone or everything but that'd be their modus operandi me thinks.

RoverJames wrote: »
    They might well want to ascertain is their price competitive or not and if they have you on the phone they might be able to respond with some discount perhaps. Won't work with everyone or everything but that'd be their modus operandi me thinks.

When their website has a "Click for a free quote" tab to click on you make certain assumptions :pac:

... instant free online quote is what you want :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I am the king...

The burger king...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I am the king...

The burger king...

I always imagined you been more of a KFC fanatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3926586

View2?id=14367543

A rare car here I'd imagine, doubt you'd see another one of these around. That engine must be awful on fuel and tax with it on C02 Emissions..

Beautiful looking machine though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Amazing looking machine that is.

Amazing looking machine that is.

.....tax is near €1200 a year though..... *gulps....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Lovely car, did they come with the GTA engine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

166man wrote: »

Eh...well that's that then!

CianRyan wrote: »
    ........ did they come with the GTA engine?

GM engine me thinks, same ish as what was in the VX220.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Its missing chrome roof rails. Tax isnt that bad to be fair..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I am the king...

The burger king...
    It was nice of them to put a statue of ya on Thomas street!

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Its missing chrome roof rails. Tax isnt that bad to be fair..

... Doubt it would be awful on petrol too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Theres a Navara knocking around Navan with a €2100 tax disc.... Full year! :eek:

• Advertisement

Dad picked up the new motor today. Ita a Skoda Octavia 1.6TDI. WITH the extras. :)

In beer atm, So I will upload pic/s tomorrow...

As I promised, Pictures of the new TDI.

Photo0281_zps8c60e0ca.jpg?t=1348304428

Photo0280_zpsd6954eae.jpg?t=1348304446

:)

We're you running passed the car taking those pics? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Why didn't he wait for the Rapid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

He was driving the rapid takin the pics.....:D

What the hell is going on the M1? Big big feck off jam....

If anyone else is in this jam, I'm behind an ulsterbus bus, on the roof of an Iveco Daily :pac:

• Advertisement

We're you running passed the car taking those pics? :P

Lol

Ya, I was actually, it was raining so I had to take them quick.

I think he wanted an octavio from the start. :)

Moving at last. I actually walked up.... There was a car across both lanes and a forklift? I never thought I'd walk up the motorway, ever :pac:

I came across an accident on the M50 yesterday evening, just before the N11 merge.

There was a Focus in the Cheese grater backwards, with it's front axle under the car. No other damage.

Oddly, the Dublin/Wicklow Mountain rescue were at the scene, with no other ES?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I came across an accident on the M50 yesterday evening, just before the N11 merge.

There was a Focus in the Cheese grater backwards, with it's front axle under the car. No other damage.

Oddly, the Dublin/Wicklow Mountain rescue were at the scene, with no other ES?!

They were probably just driving past and lent a hand until other ES arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

how do they work those VRT calculators at revenue website ??? i put details in it, and it show ....

Untitled_zps6788cd25.jpg

grrr.... drives me mad.... is something wrong with their website, or i input wrong info ?

• Advertisement

Everyone knows the civil servants barely work during the week. Good luck to getting any work out of them on a weekend! :pac:

Everyone knows the civil servants barely work during the week. Good luck to getting any work out of them on a weekend! :pac:

Fatther-Ted-down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg

Thats a bit mean, civil servants do work occasionally :P

mmcn90 wrote: »

Thats a bit mean, civil servants do work occasionally :P

Yeah, usually online trying to book holidays for their 6 weeks a year off.

Yeah, usually online trying to book holidays for their 6 weeks a year off.

Tough business that, many a furrowed brow to be had!

Tough business that, many a furrowed brow to be had!

Do I go to South of France or Florida....decisions decisions.....:rolleyes:

RoverJames wrote: »
    ... Doubt it would be awful on petrol too :)

If its anywhere near the same as the Spider 2.2, well it would be fairly awful actually. :)

Do I go to South of France or Florida....decisions decisions.....:rolleyes:

I wish when I was a civil servant I had the choice of those places. But alas €320 a week doesn't get you very far.

On a motor related note, the breather tubes in my engine have burst and the main stealer is quoting nearly €100, does that sound pricey to anyone. 08 Corsa D, 1.2

If its anywhere near the same as the Spider 2.2, well it would be fairly awful actually. :)

Define awful in mpg or l per 100 km :)r

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Would you believe that this car 2003 Volvo s40 1.8 has only 144,000KM ???

interior looks ok pedals, footwell, gearknob, handbrake, seats all look in decent shape and does not seem to have excessive wear....... but the steering wheel......??? and its garaged.

slika-bigger-14487942.jpg

I wouldn't take too much notice of the steering wheel in that as an indicator of mileage tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement