Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Marlow wrote: »
    70% of all cars in France are diesel. Fairly normal there.

/M

99% of cars here are all diesel, used not be so normal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

70% of all cars in France are diesel. Fairly normal there.

/M

That doesnt make it any better to drive though

Edit: off to me bed, someone lock up the garage and clean out dgt's box before ye go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

pred racer wrote: »

There's no issue with diesel. Ask the few that have heard my Touring after I had the ecotune exhaust system in it. Saw it yesterday and I'm still not sure, if it was a good idea to sell it. Also a proper diesel is proper torquy.

I've driven low crap diesels though, that are utterly useless. Like a base spec Pug 308 HDI diesel. What a pile of crap.

Of course, when it comes to performance driving, very few diesels will hack it. The 5500 rpm redline of 535d is usable, even on a track. Anything less is useless.

I have both diesel and petrol cars and they have each their advantages. It depends on the purpose and circumstances.

/M

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

There's plenty of scenarios where work outside the garage is needed. :) Otherwise there would also be no need for company cars.

/M

Take a customers car. Just don't abuse it mileage wise?

I get ****e mileage in my current work did over 400 miles this week all work related and I get €100 :(

Edit: off to me bed, someone lock up the garage and clean out dgt's box before ye go :)

Did anyone feed and water dgt?

There's no issue with diesel. Ask the few that have heard my Touring after I had the ecotune exhaust system in it. Saw it yesterday and I'm still not sure, if it was a good idea to sell it. Also a proper diesel is proper torquy.

I've driven low crap diesels though, that are utterly useless. Like a base spec Pug 308 HDI diesel. What a pile of crap.

Of course, when it comes to performance driving, very few diesels will hack it. The 5500 rpm redline of 535d is usable, even on a track. Anything less is useless.

I have both diesel and petrol cars and they have each their advantages. It depends on the purpose and circumstances.

/M

I drive a diesel here too, its diesel clio vans I have a problem with;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

/M

It seems like you're taking this very seriously, it's all just a bit of banter...:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've had a couple of diesels, great for high mileage driving, I think longingly back to them when I do 400 miles in three days and spend a fortune :)

Depends on the purpose, I was just engaging in the usual forum joking about DAYSULS

Compared to my current car, I'd never drive a diesel, that said I'd never drive a 1.4 Octavia petrol either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Speaking of 1.4 petrol Octavia's, I wonder what is/has been the worst petrol engine made of the last decade... Thinking of all the cars you have been in...

I'd say the Opel Corsa 1.0 petrol is the single worst petrol engine that I can think of right now, what think ye?

166man wrote: »
    Speaking of 1.4 petrol Octavia's, I wonder what is/has been the worst petrol engine made of the last decade... Thinking of all the cars you have been in...

I'd say the Opel Corsa 1.0 petrol is the single worst petrol engine that I can think of right now, what think ye?

The 1.4 Octavia in it's early years.

My mother had one, my car at the time died and I ended up in the Dublin Mountains in the Octavia, sweet Jebus, it was a wreck getting up that hill, I'll never get in one again, I'd rather walk.

On another note, I'd the best laugh ever with our garage fantasy this evening, was seriously fun (Did I mention RJ was dressed in a lovely 50's halterneck dress?) (sorry RJ)

I laughed myself silly.

Night lads :)

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    On another note, I'd the best laugh ever with our garage fantasy this evening, was seriously fun (Did I mention RJ was dressed in a lovely 50's halterneck dress?) (sorry RJ)

I laughed myself silly.

Night lads :)

Fantasy?! :eek::confused:

There I was halfway through my resignation letter! DAMN IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

At least give me a fancy title like detailer and rotary dept :P

challengemaster - (bad) fitter
    mullingar - electronics
    conzy - software development
    MCM - gas guzzling dept
    BW - packaging dept (for when we send out spare parts)

LOL! just seen this now. :p

What job would I have if my username was Superstoner90 still? :D

Anywho, I been playing way to much need for speed, the run. It pisses me off so much! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Something is up with the car. Not too sure what it is.

Might need to do the valve cover gasket on it, think there might be a slight oil leak. There;s a bit of a smell of it, after a decent drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Something is up with the car. Not too sure what it is.

I hope its nothing serious :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Weird moment coming home tonight. Was in a bit of a hurry and doing a tad over the speed limit on the M50 at around 00:30. I overtook a nice BMW which had definitely seen its share of improvements, neon, tinting, ect. Anyone no sooner had I overtook it, it undertook me, flashed it's hazards for a while. I overtook again and drove off and that was the end of it.

This was like a need for speed outrun challenge. Like does this stuff actually happen in Dublin or was someone ripping the piss? I was driving a Legacy estate, its hardly a race car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

errlloyd wrote: »
    Weird moment coming home tonight. Was in a bit of a hurry and doing a tad over the speed limit on the M50 at around 00:30. I overtook a nice BMW which had definitely seen its share of improvements, neon, tinting, ect. Anyone no sooner had I overtook it, it undertook me, flashed it's hazards for a while. I overtook again and drove off and that was the end of it.

This was like a need for speed outrun challenge. Like does this stuff actually happen in Dublin or was someone ripping the piss? I was driving a Legacy estate, its hardly a race car.

BMW drivers are ****. Pay no attention, they are like kids with toy cars!

*sits down in a comfy chair and waits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

BMW drivers are ****. Pay no attention, they are like kids with toy cars!

*sits down in a comfy chair and waits

Especially the female ones! They really lower the tone :P

Fiona wrote: »
    Especially the female ones! They really lower the tone :P

Can't remember that word in English now... Flickers? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

As in the bean!?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I'm outta the box and enjoying breakfast :pac:

Good grief, the car wasn't that dirty but so much muck on the roads.... The poor exhaust turned brown :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    As in the bean!?! :eek:

Oh carefull now lads :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Anyone on here own a 01D530? it actually is a 530d msport? Saw it near the n11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

En route to silver stone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Got my new laptop today :D

Now to install all the things!

Facelift fiesta unveiled this week in amsterdam:
    http://www.fordownersclub.com/feature/ford-unveil-new-look-fiesta/

ford-fiesta-facelift-front-static-blue.jpg

Don't like soccer? You'll like this!

http://d3uwin5q170wpc.cloudfront.net/photo/52715_700.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That new Fiesta looks very familar, isnt there a Kia the exact same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

That new Fiesta looks very familar, isnt there a Kia the exact same?

Yeah, I thought the Kia Rio looked alot like the Fiesta. Even moreso now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Hal1 wrote: »
    Facelift fiesta unveiled this week in amsterdam:
    http://www.fordownersclub.com/feature/ford-unveil-new-look-fiesta/

ford-fiesta-facelift-front-static-blue.jpg
    It's a punto with a Ford badge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

MugMugs wrote: »
    It's a punto with a Ford badge!

That exactly it!!

It's a pity I love the look of the current one but this is a real disappointment, it looks much taller or something..... Definitely not as well proportioned as the current one IMO

And then we have the st:
    ford_fiesta-st_actf34_ns_30612_717.jpg

The only difference on the outside between them would be lack of chrome and an st badge. Oh the fog surrounds are different too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

And then we have the st:

The only difference on the outside between them would be lack of chrome and an st badge. Oh the fog surrounds are different too.

It looks lower and shorter, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

And then we have the st:

Nice little sleeper that looks like. Take the ST badge off, fit some chrome trim. Surprise.... something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anyone on here own a 01D530? it actually is a 530d msport? Saw it near the n11.

Cartell says its a 530d automatic anyway

CianRyan wrote: »
    It looks lower and shorter, no?

Yea and only 3 doors, which would be the only giveaway as all the feacki's have 5 doors now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Yea and only 3 doors, which would be the only giveaway as all the feacki's have 5 doors now. :)

Kinda shows that the new RS if there ever will be one will be based off the Fez as well. They do always base them off the Rally car, which is now, a Fiesta.

sorry lads. total offtopic, but here it goes:

i was at Vet, to bring the small one and there was a woman talking to receptionist. ( normal stuff, like what happened to pet, etc ). then receptionists asked what is hers Cats name...

..."spicegirl"... i had to turn away and close my mouth as i almost bursted laughing.

sorry lads. total offtopic, but here it goes:

i was at Vet, to bring the small one and there was a woman talking to receptionist. ( normal stuff, like what happened to pet, etc ). then receptionists asked what is hers Cats name...

..."spicegirl"... i had to turn away and close my mouth as i almost bursted laughing.
    Did the cat not tell the vet what she wants what she really really wants........ I'll get me coat.....

Thanks to George Dalton for fitting my new brake discs!
    Its only now I see how bad they were, it was one thing I didnt like about the car, now they are awesome! Great service, great price. (i know that sounds a bit like ebay feedback:p) highly reccomended:cool:

Edit: my youngest daughter wasnt too impressed with the loaner car, I'm raising a badge snob :)

Its only now I see how bad they were, it was one thing I didnt like about the car, now they are awesome! Great service, great price. (i know that sounds a bit like ebay feedback:p) highly reccomended:cool:

Edit: my youngest daughter wasnt too impressed with the loaner car, I'm raising a badge snob :)

Excellent dealer AAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++ :pac:

• Advertisement

Excellent dealer AAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++ :pac:

so how is your beemer going ,lad? she is still quick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

I was just thinking what a motors garage would look like:p

I can see a load of folks sitting around a car arguing about what was wrong with it and Nissan Doc, Row and george dalton sitting like judges, telling us what was actually wrong with it:D

A few jobs in this garage would be

RJ receptionist, good luck to anyone who wants to argue about their bill
    MM, car wash
    Test Transmission, exhaust dept
    SH, spoiler dept
    Dgt, engine removal
    Gary and lightening, race team
    Colm mcm and matt simms, R&D
    Gollywog........photography;)
    Me 166man and Stheno in the alfa dept (obviously with fcuck all to do;) )
    Lots of folk in the vw and bmw dept, flat oot!
    bubblewrap.....no clue

Any more nominations for positions in ths new enterprise? :pac:

I've just seen this now. I would like to nominate myself as the Comaint Resolution Department.

Customer: I have a complaint to make.
    RJ: No problem. I'll just pass you over to my collegue......Chuck Norris. :pac:

so how is your beemer going ,lad? she is still quick?

Oh yes indeed :D That rattle is being sorted next week! My mechanic did quite a bit of research into it and he's fairly certain that it'll be easy enough. We'll see about that!

I took it for a blast last night, and I'll tell ya one thing, the noise from the engine is actually heavenly!

Oh yes indeed :D That rattle is being sorted next week! My mechanic did quite a bit of research into it and he's fairly certain that it'll be easy enough. We'll see about that!

I took it for a blast last night, and I'll tell ya one thing, the noise from the engine is actually heavenly!

nah, i am telling ya, that damn thing sounds sexy from outside. i did not had a chance to sit in passanger seat, because you are a racist bastard. :pac:

nah, i am telling ya, that damn thing sounds sexy from outside. i did not had a chance to sit in passanger seat, because you are a racist bastard. :pac:

Yeah because a loud, metallic ticking noise is sexy haha maybe if you're a robot!

I told you last week, I hate Lithucorkians!! Shower of šūdas bastards! :P

Yeah because a loud, metallic ticking noise is sexy haha maybe if you're a robot!

I told you last week, I hate Lithucorkians!! Shower of šūdas bastards! :P

that sound must be a lot worse inside, then outside.

as for lithuanians. did you merry that gold digger already? did she took half of your beemer?! :D

• Advertisement

I was just thinking what a motors garage would look like:p

I can see a load of folks sitting around a car arguing about what was wrong with it and Nissan Doc, Row and george dalton sitting like judges, telling us what was actually wrong with it:D

A few jobs in this garage would be

RJ receptionist, good luck to anyone who wants to argue about their bill
    MM, car wash
    Test Transmission, exhaust dept
    SH, spoiler dept
    Dgt, engine removal
    Gary and lightening, race team
    Colm mcm and matt simms, R&D
    Gollywog........photography;)
    Me 166man and Stheno in the alfa dept (obviously with fcuck all to do;) )
    Lots of folk in the vw and bmw dept, flat oot!
    bubblewrap.....no clue

Any more nominations for positions in ths new enterprise? :pac:

I've just seen this now. I would like to nominate myself as the Comaint Resolution Department.

Customer: I have a complaint to make.
    RJ: No problem. I'll just pass you over to my collegue......Chuck Norris. :pac:
    I'd rather take on Norris than have to face down RJ tbh!

Can I be in charge of the topless calenders in the jacks?

MugMugs wrote: »
    I'd rather take on Norris than have to face down RJ tbh!

Can I be in charge of the topless calenders in the jacks?

RoverJames doesn't call the wrong number. You answer the wrong phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Your filthy Alfa is visible in the advert for the black 08 Passat. MM would beat you with the handle of his DA!

that sound must be a lot worse inside, then outside.

as for lithuanians. did you merry that gold digger already? did she took half of your beemer?! :D

You can't hear it at all when the windows are up, even with no stereo on but everyone else can hear it and it's embarrassing!

She has her own car so she can layyyv my car alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement