Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

BX 19 wrote: »
    Looks bloody stupid imo.

Ruins the clean lines of the car.

Prone to overheating? Having a bonnet open at the back is going to do sweet f all for that. Better off doing a clarkson on it and cutting a hole in it:pac: or converting it to a more efficient electric fan setup

His words not mine don't shoot the messenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's easily undone to be fair,

I'm sure it is.

However, each to their own and all that. I'll reserve the right to have a snigger at your expense though. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Tactrix cable arriving tomorrow, Versatune software paid for this evening so should have it downloadable on Friday. Laptop arriving Saturday....it's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum....i'm all out of gum :D

Prone to overheating? Having a bonnet open at the back is going to do sweet f all for that. ............

Dunno about that, Mercedes put vents in the wings of later diesel W124s as they were prone to get a tad hot too iirc. Hot air rises and all that jazz, jacked bonnet may help a tad when the fan is on, somewhere for the hot stuff to escape maybe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

andyseadog wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3397148

i found it!

but will the owner answer his phone :(

i would happily give him a good bit more than his asking price if its that fresh in reality if someone has already offered him the full 2200.

i found it! and i bought it!

gave a deposit on it at 6pm this evening and i'm picking it up in the morning :D i am over the moon.

this car is perfect, its only done 12,000 miles on Irish roads. and it had a full clutch kit and timing kit fitted when it arrived, along with new front and back pads too.

none of the usual ****e glanza mods either. standard air box, standard exhaust, standard wheels and suspension, standard interior (no ****ty gearstick or extra gauges)

its 100% original!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

!

The search is over! A great feeling :)

gave a deposit on it at 6pm this evening and i'm picking it up in the morning :D i am over the moon.

this car is perfect, its only done 12,000 miles on Irish roads. and it had a full clutch kit and timing kit fitted when it arrived, along with new front and back pads too.

none of the usual ****e glanza mods either. standard air box, standard exhaust, standard wheels and suspension, standard interior (no ****ty gearstick or extra gauges)

its 100% original!

I was actually going to mention that it looks pretty original. A rare un abused galanza by the looks of it. Good luck with it.

thanks lads! can-not believe i found one with not a single mod, and thats exactly how its going to stay, i think an un-modded one will be more of a head turner at this stage.

got a small bit off the price too :) just hope it doesn't rain on my way home and take the finish off it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

thanks lads! can-not believe i found one with not a single mod, and thats exactly how its going to stay, i think an un-modded one will be more of a head turner at this stage.

got a small bit off the price too :) just hope it doesn't rain on my way home and take the finish off it :pac:

Best of luck mate, Tis a nice motor shurely...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Great stuff, man. Delighted you found one in the end. :)
    A sense of hope for the older Jap' stuff out there.

Untouched Jap' classics/future classics are hens teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fair play man! I really liked how clean it looked. It's a very very rare to see these not scangorised. I am surprised you got it standart for such money thought, really good deal, if there are no hidden faults.
    Now your quest is over and you ca relax! ;)

Nice one Andy! It's always good to see cars staying standard looking and not being messed with. Originality FTW!

Happy motoring :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I dented my bloody front wing off my uncles gate last night :mad::mad::mad::mad:

pred racer wrote: »
    I dented my bloody front wing off my uncles gate last night :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Pic??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I just need to rant... some stupid bitch was in the wrong lane today at a traffic light, and instead of holding back until the cars in the correct lane had gone before following them, she decided to barge into my lane and almost into the side of me.
    When we stopped at a light further on, I considered getting out and banging on her windown, then decided that was mental and instead looked around my car for something to throw at her car... nothing there, and besides, that's mental too.

But yeah, stupid old **** + my temper = rage-filled morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Shake it off man. Does you no good.

• Company Representative Posts: 91 Verified rep ATWR Eoin

Has anyone here got some interest in doing ATWR this year? Sponsorship packs are going out soon to participants. If there's anyone even half tempted or put off for any reason feel free to throw a few questions up and we will answer them.

The competition to win a place is still running (worth €300+ excluding the use of a new car) and there's also a small one for an Autoglym HD Wax running at the same time. If the weather turns out anything like last year should be a great weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Days over a certain temp should be made illegal to work on! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Jemmy wrote: »
    Days over a certain temp should be made illegal to work on! :(

When I get out of bed, I'll be working outside on some of the cars :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The few benefits to only working weekends :)

dgt wrote: »

Finished early yesterday & did the same, cleaned the car & headed out for a cycle in the woods, ended up at the top of a hill with a lovely view across!

Pic won't show up for me so linky

Finished early yesterday & did the same, cleaned the car & headed out for a cycle in the woods, ended up at the top of a hill with a lovely view across!

Pic won't show up for me so linky

I have to stop being lazy and get my expanding ass out on my bike again.
    The thing's worth about five times what I paid for my car. :D

I'm considering washing my car with a sponge... I know that sounds horrible but it has been spronged for the last 5 years at least and I could hardly make things worse, could I?
    I don't have access to a pressure washer. :(

dgt wrote: »

Dont forget your p35 sun screen. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Bloody sticker leather in hot weather!

Thank god for freezing aircon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Bought a cars three weeks ago. Admitted into to hospital two weeks a ago. Hadn't even gotta a chance to bring it on a proper drive. Itching to get out and driving. :(

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    I have to stop being lazy and get my expanding ass out on my bike again.
    The thing's worth about five times what I paid for my car. :D

I'm considering washing my car with a sponge... I know that sounds horrible but it has been spronged for the last 5 years at least and I could hardly make things worse, could I?
    I don't have access to a pressure washer. :(

Only getting back into it now, used to cycle miles and admittedly I went a little too far for what I was able yesterday! Nearly had a heartache at the top of the hill :o

Eh why would washing it with a sponge sound horrible!?!

That would make a good Facebook status. :)

Bought a cars three weeks ago. Admitted into to hospital two weeks a ago. Hadn't even gotta a chance to bring it on a proper drive. Itching to get out and driving. :(

I bought my car about a month ago and the furtherest I've driven it was 100m so someone could get up my road. :o
    Absolutely dying to get insured in it, just need a new job

Only getting back into it now, used to cycle miles and admittedly I went a little too far for what I was able yesterday! Nearly had a heartache at the top of the hill :o

Eh why would washing it with a sponge sound horrible!?!

I've a habit of doing that. Last summer I was going out on 75km-80km spins every week so I thought I could go out and do the same without building up to it again... Not a chance. 30km and I was FECKED! Haha

The detailers on here would rather be hanged then have their cars washed with sponges. The dirt scraped the paint work and dulls it. My paints probably far beyond being saved though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I just need to rant... some stupid bitch was in the wrong lane today at a traffic light, and instead of holding back until the cars in the correct lane had gone before following them, she decided to barge into my lane and almost into the side of me.
    When we stopped at a light further on, I considered getting out and banging on her windown, then decided that was mental and instead looked around my car for something to throw at her car... nothing there, and besides, that's mental too.

But yeah, stupid old **** + my temper = rage-filled morning.

http://theoatmeal.com/pl/minor_differences/cutting_off

Don't wear shorts and sit on sun baked leather. :D

Its painful :pac:

• Advertisement

Going for a job interview at 1.30, I live about 1 mile away from the hotel, But its to warm to walk or cycle...I think Il drive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

I bought my car about a month ago and the furtherest I've driven it was 100m so someone could get up my road. :o
    Absolutely dying to get insured in it, just need a new job

Mine's insured and everything. Disc arrived when I was in here. Have it up on the locker next to me. Sickened.

Going for a job interview at 1.30, I live about 1 mile away from the hotel, But its to warm to walk or cycle...I think Il drive. :)

Good luck, man.
    I'm waiting for UPC to come to my house and then I'm back out on the hunt.
    Mine's insured and everything. Disc arrived when I was in here. Have it up on the locker next to me. Sickened.

I've got petrol, the keys are right beside me, as is the Wicklow Gap... TEAAAAAASE!
    I definitely feel the pain. :p

Good luck, man.
    I'm waiting for UPC to come to my house and then I'm back out on the hunt.

Cheers, Im in a bad way for a job. It would only be part time, But a job none the less. I hope homer will bring me luck. :p

Customs dipping for green diesel outside Enfield. I'm sure they're going to have a field day with the amount of cars on green round here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Customs dipping for green diesel outside Enfield. I'm sure they're going to have a field day with the amount of cars on green round here.

I was in Longford a few weeks ago and there was a que for the MGO pump. I almost filled up until I seen the price and then the sticker on the pump. Its a big saving if you burn a tank every week..

Was just about to head out to the motor factors and I get a call from UPC telling me they'll be here in ten minutes. Typical.
    I'm glad really, not tied to the house once they're done. :)

Just back from work. Tired as ****!!!! I would kill for getting mx5 for a day back! It's hots as hell today!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Elmar Fudd

Hi all. Does anyone know a good place to get one of these retail in Dublin? I see Halfords have them for €129. Anyone seen them in branches of Tesco? I only go to the more central Dublin Tescos which don't have the full range.
    unbranded-disklok-full-cover-anti-thef.jpg

Back from the interview, The hotel maniger said he will try and get me some work in the kitchen, He never said if it was paid work or not. I really hope it is paid. :( He said he would give me a call on tuesday. I also seen a Orange ford focus ST. Didnt get a pic as the hot woman driver was filling the car with fuel. I just said "nice car" and she smiled and winked at me. I smiled and went bright red in the face. :eek:

• Advertisement

Elmar Fudd wrote: »
    Hi all. Does anyone know a good place to get one of these retail in Dublin? I see Halfords have them for €129. Anyone seen them in branches of Tesco? I only go to the more central Dublin Tescos which don't have the full range.
    unbranded-disklok-full-cover-anti-thef.jpg

To be honest, if someone will want to steal your car, that won't save it. All the thirds can take off these babies in less then few minutes.

Back from the interview, The hotel maniger said he will try and get me some work in the kitchen, He never said if it was paid work or not. I really hope it is paid. :( He said he would give me a call on tuesday. I also seen a Orange ford focus ST. Didnt get a pic as the hot woman driver was filling the car with fuel. I just said "nice car" and she smiled and winked at me. I smiled and went bright red in the face. :eek:

I love this, the innocence.

I love this, the innocence.

What do you mean by that?

What do you mean by that?

I think the last time I went red while talking to a pretty lady, I was about 13. :p

got her home :)

FINALLY BACK IN A TOYOTA :pac:

drove to Coolock last night to view this, picked it up this morning.

Bog Standard : original alloys, original gearknob, no holes in the dash, standard exhaust, standard airbox, even the parking pole still works!
    only mods are some security and a turbo timer.

photo04662.jpg
    photo04642.jpg
    photo04652.jpg
    photo04632.jpg
    photo04622.jpg
    photo04612.jpg
    photo04602f.jpg

I think the last time I went red while talking to a pretty lady, I was about 13. :p

me 14, now she is my misses :p

Haha

:o Thats what I was like...:)

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I was in Longford a few weeks ago and there was a que for the MGO pump. I almost filled up until I seen the price and then the sticker on the pump. Its a big saving if you burn a tank every week..

Definitely a big saving. They were dipping everything; cars, vans, truck and jeeps. I saw a Fiat Panda been dipped :pac:

I see plenty of people buying green at the local wholesalers. Customs are not long getting on the game.

me 14, now she is my misses :p

True love so?

I was going out with this bird about 3 or 4 months back, One day she says to me, "Did you know that a person, has enough bones in their body,To make up the human skeleton?" That was when I realised I had enough... :pac:

• Advertisement

True love so?

I was going out with this bird about 3 or 4 months back, One day she says to me, "Did you know that a person, has enough bones in their body,To make up the human skeleton?" That was when I realised I had enough... :pac:

( it will be still motor related off topic lads :D )
    well i first time sow her when i was 14, she was 17. i felt in love right there and i knew i want only her! only when i was 18 and finally got my first car, i took her to a drag race event outside of town. It was official drag racing, where you could pay money and go for a race with who ever you want. so that day was the first time we kissed, hold hands... and then we went on drag strip. my 89' mazda 626 coupe 66kw vs her mazda 626 coupe gtx 85kw. she beat my ass on drag strip that day too! :o
    8 years in and i still love her as much as i did when i was 14 :o

*sorry for that lads, its still motor related! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement