Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

True love so?

I was going out with this bird about 3 or 4 months back, One day she says to me, "Did you know that a person, has enough bones in their body,To make up the human skeleton?" That was when I realised I had enough... :pac:

If you heard half the **** my GF comes out with you'd run a mile.
    One of my favourites was "Turtles have blood? I NEVER KNEW THAT?!".

What's worse is she's not an idiot, she demolished her honours degree and she's very sharp, just hasn't a notion when it comes to general knowledge... Or that animals have blood. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

( it will be still motor related off topic lads :D )
    well i first time sow her when i was 14, she was 17. i felt in love right there and i knew i want only her! only when i was 18 and finally got my first car, i took her to a drag race event outside of town. It was official drag racing, where you could pay money and go for a race with who ever you want. so that day was the first time we kissed, hold hands... and then we went on drag strip. my 89' mazda 626 coupe 66kw vs her mazda 626 coupe gtx 85kw. she beat my ass on drag strip that day too! :o
    8 years in and i still love her as much as i did when i was 14 :o

*sorry for that lads, its still motor related! :D

Nice story mate, It brought a tear to my eye. :o

CianRyan wrote: »
    If you heard half the **** my GF comes out with you'd run a mile.
    One of my favourites was "Turtles have blood? I NEVER KNEW THAT?!".

What's worse is she's not an idiot, she demolished her honours degree and she's very sharp, just hasn't a notion when it comes to general knowledge... Or that animals have blood. :p

Thats not so bad... At least she knows she has enough bones to make up the human skeleton. ;)

Its a nice day for a drive....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I got in my car to come home from work and my lovely computer informed me that I have a blown headlamp.

Technology is ruddy marvellous!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Well lads, exams finished, two days off, and managed to get two of the hottest days so far this summer. :D:D:D.

What's a nice drive Dublin/Wicklow? Might just head up the sally gap direction.

• Advertisement

Well lads, exams finished, two days off, and managed to get two of the hottest days so far this summer. :D:D:D.

Maybe the only two good days of the summer. :D

Just get into your car and drive where the road takes you, Best way. :)

Spin up to roundwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

well i first time sow her when i was 14, she was 17. i felt in love right there and i knew i want only her! only when i was 18 and finally got my first car, i took her to a drag race event outside of town. It was official drag racing, where you could pay money and go for a race with who ever you want. so that day was the first time we kissed, hold hands... and then we went on drag strip. my 89' mazda 626 coupe 66kw vs her mazda 626 coupe gtx 85kw. she beat my ass on drag strip that day too! :o
    8 years in and i still love her as much as i did when i was 14 :o

Awwwwww damn wish that would happen to me :D

Winning the race that is ;)

I am defo going for a spin later car is clean :cool::cool::cool::cool:

I just went out to the Icecream man and the fecker drove off on me.
    I know he saw me too. Little swine.

Anyway, think it was a 2 litre engine (to keep it motor related).

Jimdagym wrote: »

:pac: LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Coastal drive FTW! Although on my many trips clay shooting, I went to this place called Carrig Glen, near Newtownmountkennedy... (I hope I got that right :o) lovely countryside :)

I'm doing the opposite, sitting in a car in my garden, Nova on the radio, catching rays, sipping an ice cold beer, havin a yap with my friend. Changed a steady mount on my 406 earlier, relaxin now! Don't need to drive anywhere (for once) so my van is sitting in the shade and if I need anywhere to go, ladyfriend at the ready ;) Perfection :cool:

It would be criminal to spend this day any other way! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

dgt wrote: »
    It would be criminal to spend this day any other way! :D

I've just woken up, night shifts suck. May go for a roof down drive. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Jimdagym wrote: »

Bahahahaha!

You have the car for it, make the most of it! :cool:

My dads targa top has been sitting in the garage for the last 23 years, someday it will be fully restored... Only open top weve had around the house! Fiat X1/9 if anyone is wondering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

When I drive a shiet box I don't want to drive anywhere :(. When I drove nice stuff, I would get a stupidest excuse just to have a spin atleast few miles....

"we are all out of yogurts?!?!?!"
    "yup, it's okay I'll get them tomorrow after work"
    "FFS it's always like this, now I got to go to shop and buy them, I can't wait for tomorrow! Getting sick of this shiet!!!!"*runs in to the car, like a child runs to a Xmas tree in the Xmas morning!

When I drive a shiet box I don't want to drive anywhere :(. When I drove nice stuff, I would get a stupidest excuse just to have a spin atleast few miles....

"we are all out of yogurts?!?!?!"
    "yup, it's okay I'll get them tomorrow after work"
    "FFS it's always like this, now I got to go to shop and buy them, I can't wait for tomorrow! Getting sick of this shiet!!!!"*runs in to the car, like a child runs to a Xmas tree in the Xmas morning!

Rotbox or not, any excuse to drive for me. All about the driving regardless of the car. I get a kick out of that too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Ah sure call in for a cuppa! lol

Sally gap will be lovely this evening :D
    Wait til traffic calms, down to kilmac over to roundwood > annamoe > laragh > sally gap to hollywood or over valleymount then you can go back around to blessington then into dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Graduating tonight! Such a good night too. Going to get absolutely hammered! Can't wait.

Call here, i'm bored!

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep ATWR Chris

Jemmy wrote: »
    Ah sure call in for a cuppa! lol

Sally gap will be lovely this evening :D
    Wait til traffic calms, down to kilmac over to roundwood > annamoe > laragh > sally gap to hollywood or over valleymount then you can go back around to blessington then into dublin!
    We're doing part of that route on day one of ATWR this year, and its the part thats exciting me the most. Some of the roads up around that part of the country are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Call here, i'm bored!

You buy me a icecream? :pac:

You buy me a icecream? :pac:

Yeah with the few euro i owes ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

ATWR Chris wrote: »
    We're doing part of that route on day one of ATWR this year, and its the part thats exciting me the most. Some of the roads up around that part of the country are amazing.

They are great roads, esp when you know them well. Been driving them yrs so I know all the bends & humps :p:D

Washed my car, waiting for it to dry so myself and my missus can attack it with some wax. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Washed my car, waiting for it to dry so myself and my missus can attack it with some wax. :)

You're letting it dry in the sun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Hope you're not in a hard water area, you'll end up with lime marks all over it ;)

MugMugs wrote: »
    You're letting it dry in the sun?

Is that a bad thing?! :eek:
    Hope you're not in a hard water area, you'll end up with lime marks all over it ;)

Don't think Tallaght's too bad for hard water.
    Don't notice much of a build up on the kettle, etc.. anyway.

From the window it's looking grand. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Would you not just dry it with a cloth or take it for a drive? It's a lot quicker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Depends if you like running the chance of streaks really. Get a drying towel.

• Advertisement

Would you not just dry it with a cloth or take it for a drive? It's a lot quicker!

Didn't think of using a cloth because it was 90% there anyway with the way the sun was shining, couldn't drive it far because it's not insured. I did have a cheeky one to the end of the road and back when I was turning it though. :p
    MugMugs wrote: »
    Depends if you like running the chance of streaks really. Get a drying towel.

It's well dry now, fingers crossed it isn't streaky! :eek:

cisk wrote: »

:pac:
    Thats my advice cian....
    Mr Hay told him it would have been cheaper to buy a couple of hairdryers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Wheel nuts....i'm looking for a black set. Obviously want good quality wheel nuts, but don't want to spend a fortune, any suggestions? Or even any to stay away from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Would covers do?

Would covers do?

Would prefer to go for the real thing, unless the covers were very, very cheap and worth a punt!

• Advertisement

Why on earth people use word "mint" when describing car?! Will I have a fresh mint breath if a chew on its tail pipe for a few minutes?!?!

99% if it says "mint" it means it's a scrap!

Why on earth people use word "mint" when describing car?! Will I have a fresh mint breath if a chew on its tail pipe for a few minutes?!?!

Aaaaaaaah lad, Shes mint.. :pac:

I believe its a skangers word for "clean or in good condition."

BDJW wrote: »
    Would prefer to go for the real thing, unless the covers were very, very cheap and worth a punt!

Thing is with black ones they will mark when the wheels are changes usually. What type of car is it and does it have covers already?

I think it dates back to shiny coins from the mint.

I think it dates back to shiny coins from the mint.

Honestly, everytime I see that word in ad, I imagine seller wearing a baseball cap and his best track suit for going out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3376005

View2-11755221.jpeg

Anyone got a spare €1900 lying around that they aren't really using at the moment.. there's this eh... charity thing on in work.. yeah that's it...:D

BDJW wrote: »

Thing is with black ones they will mark when the wheels are changes usually. What type of car is it and does it have covers already?

Going onto my FN2. And no covers yet. Just the OEM wheel nuts on the car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Grrrrr, grrrrr and grrrrrrr :mad:

Was going to look at a Saab 9-5 Hot Aero tomorrow morning, traveling from Galway to Dublin, train booked and paid for, and Cartell history check done and paid for.

Just got a text from the seller (sound guy to deal with btw) saying the engine light came on after it was filled with petrol.

Not going to risk it.

€50 wasted, but on the plus side, I found out before I travelled, and potentially a lot of money saved. Bitter sweet though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ooofffttt... some machine but the dreamers thread is that way >>>>>>>>>>>

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3407423

View2-11909177.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Probably an exhaust emissions fault caused the light to come on if it was straight after fuelling.

166man wrote: »
    Ooofffttt... some machine but the dreamers thread is that way >>>>>>>>>>>

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3407423

View2-11909177.jpeg

In fairness it's a rare car and you get a 2nd car free :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Anybody know off the top of their heads if the 2004 e46 320d suffered the same swirl flap issues as previous models?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I have just bought a focus 1.6 petrol it is running at 9.2L/100km was just wondering is this good/bad/terrible

Feckin metric system :(

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Anybody know off the top of their heads if the 2004 e46 320d suffered the same swirl flap issues as previous models?

I believe it did. CM has a 05 320d and he got his blanked. now maybe they were revised at some point but if I had a 320d I would remove them regardless

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement