Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Just back from a 2 day wedding.
    300 guests and free bar. The ceremony was outside yesterday, I nearly melted!
    And i dont have a hangover:D
    Drove so slowly on the way home i reckon the Alfa thinks its been sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Put the 7er through the NCT today and was pleasantly surprised. It didn't pass, nor was I expecting it to but the to do list isn't as long as I expected.

Failed on:

ABS Sensor - which I already have ordered
    Engine Oil leak
    Idler Arm / Slip Test
    Reg Plates - didn't bother changing them as I didn't expect it to pass.

Not to bad overall - time for pints now methinks! :)

engine oil leak? i guess between engine and gearbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I got the Avensis back today and its like new.. The windscreen washer was broken so i was going to order a new one only I went ripping and took the old one apart and its working perfectly now..:)

So ... Wtf is happening with all jap stuff?

I am trying to find some r32 skylines but there's feck all skylines in there in the first place.
    Then s14 became very rare too. S15 have a price tag as big as they did 3 years ago...
    Will we see soon jap imports go in price soon and become twincams? It's already hard to find good ones out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Buy the GTR I posted a while ago. :)
    I've been keeping track of 180sx's, finding a clean one is difficult now, never mind in a few years when I'll be buying one.

I'd stay importing is the way to go for old Jap stuff.
    There's a good site I have liked on Facebook that I'll post later. I'm on my phone now so I can't.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    Buy the GTR I posted a while ago. :)
    I've been keeping track of 180sx's, finding a clean one is difficult now, never mind in a few years when I'll be buying one.

I'd stay importing is the way to go for old Jap stuff.
    There's a good site I have liked on Facebook that I'll post later. I'm on my phone now so I can't.

Titan works it is called or something? His name is Tom, he imports stuff for lads and has a very good name on dtdirl. If I will need to buy jap import like this, then it looks like a lot of hassle :(. Will need to get ecu and remap ASAP. Import duties and vrt etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Anyone know of a company in Galway that does powder coating on wheels ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Titan works it is called or something? His name is Tom, he imports stuff for lads and has a very good name on dtdirl. If I will need to buy jap import like this, then it looks like a lot of hassle :(. Will need to get ecu and remap ASAP. Import duties and vrt etc.

I looked through ibc japan (www.ibcjapan.co.jp) back in the day..know someone who bought in 3 x evos through them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

There's very little stuff coming in from Japan at the moment AFAIK, all to do with radiation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Car is all ready for the BMW classics show in Straffan tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

So this evening I took a Porsche 911 GT3 around the Autodromo do Algarve. So much fun :D

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

A bad day today for the yaris. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Did you smack her?

Lets go back about 1 month, I had a crash, I hit a wet patch on a turn in the road and the car slid sideways, The front bumper got cought on a stone on the wall. It needs a new front bumper as its cracked in 3 places. Back to today I was going to go up to mayo to the scrapyard to get a bumper. My dad used the car this morning as the jeep that does be used for faming had a flat battery. So he took the car way to the farm and brought it back to the house with a craked headlight and the bonnet dented. It turned out that he parked it to close to the gate and the cow kicked the gate, the gate then hit the car. :mad: So now it needs a bonnet, 1 front headlight and a front bumper. I cant go for the driving test until these things are sorted...:mad:

Did your dad know you wrecked the bumper? As in, can you shaft him for the replacement? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Lol i just have this image of a Yaris bouncing along in a field :p

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Did your dad know you wrecked the bumper? As in, can you shaft him for the replacement? :pac:

Yes he does. :(:(:(

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Lol i just have this image of a Yaris bouncing along in a field :p

Its not a laughing matter. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Lets go back about 1 month, I had a crash, I hit a wet patch on a turn in the road and the car slid sideways, The front bumper got cought on a stone on the wall. It needs a new front bumper as its cracked in 3 places. Back to today I was going to go up to mayo to the scrapyard to get a bumper. My dad used the car this morning as the jeep that does be used for faming had a flat battery. So he took the car way to the farm and brought it back to the house with a craked headlight and the bonnet dented. It turned out that he parked it to close to the gate and the cow kicked the gate, the gate then hit the car. :mad: So now it needs a bonnet, 1 front headlight and a front bumper. I cant go for the driving test until these things are sorted...:mad:

Whens your test booked for? Borrow a driving instructors car?

A bonnet, head lamp and bumper shouldn't be hard to find for a Yaris.
    If you can for them yourself, even in a different colour for now, you'll be fine. :)

BX 19 wrote: »
    Whens your test booked for? Borrow a driving instructors car?

I dident book it yet, but I want to ASAP. :p

If you can for them yourself, even in a different colour for now, you'll be fine. :)

I know well, also, it would add to the JDM look. :p

I know well, also, it would add to the JDM look. :p

Yeah man, just sticker bomb and cable tie the dodgy panels. proper drift spec Yaris. :D

Yeah man, just sticker bomb and cable tie the dodgy panels. proper drift spec Yaris. :D

a FWD drift spec.....:rolleyes:

Modified the punto....:D

Image18110.jpg

OH SWEET JESUS!!!
    Please don't do that to it. Hahaha

OH SWEET JESUS!!!
    Please don't do that to it. Hahaha

but sure you have your stickerbombed splitter and all! :pac::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Stick on a ferrari badge. Shure its a ferrari engine... :D

Stick on a ferrari badge. Shure its a ferrari engine... :D

I was thinking a lamborghini badge. :p

Grand, keep the splitter but the rest has to go! :p

Lads, what was the name of that Irish 200sx/s14 club in Ireland? I can't remember their website.

Lads, what was the name of that Irish 200sx/s14 club in Ireland? I can't remember their website.

I could be totally wrong, but is it "Driftworks"?

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/72347-nissan-200sx-s14a-1500ono.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Mother sold the TT, gave the buyer the logbook.

*facepalm*

• Advertisement

*facepalm*

son_i_am_disappoint.jpg

*facepalm*

Thiis would be more of a thrid party faceplam moment. :p

third-party-facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Right lads considering going out today and buying one of these clay bar things... Can anyone tell me in simple english(:D) how they work and what they do etc as I haven't a notion... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

*facepalm*
    M50 tolls and speeding tickets await.

*facepalm*

Did the buyer ask for it?
    It could be because they don't want to get done or want to resell the car.
    But yea, *third party facepalm*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

166man wrote: »
    Right lads considering going out today and buying one of these clay bar things... Can anyone tell me in simple english(:D) how they work and what they do etc as I haven't a notion... :D

You took the words out of my mouth so +1 !!

WOOOW, hold up, I thought you had to give the logbook when you sell the car. I thought that if the seller held onto the logbook and sold the car, the seller could hold onto the logbook and report the car as stolen. And the buyer, would have no proof of buying the car?? :confused:

This most likely will be a facepalm moment. :o

WOOOW, hold up, I thought you had to give the logbook when you sell the car. I thought that if the seller held onto the logbook and sold the car, the seller could hold onto the logbook and report the car as stolen. And the buyer, would have no proof of buying the car?? :confused:

This most likely will be a facepalm moment. :o

The two of you post the logbook off together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

@166man and Gollywog

First you wash and detar (use a tar remover) the car. If you don't detar you will just drag the tar with the claybar and make more work for yourself and use up the clay too quickly.

Have a read of the first post here

And some good video instruction here

Ah right.

Actually no. That is a good solution but its not the way its recommended to be done. The rule is that the seller must ensure that it is sent off.

Actually no. That is a good solution but its not the way its recommended to be done. The rule is that the seller must ensure that it is sent off.

Ah right. Would it not just make more sence if the seller, just gave it to the new owner though? :confused:

Ah right. Would it not just make more sence if the seller, just gave it to the new owner though? :confused:

Then the new owner can get as many parking and speeding tickets as they like and never pay the M50 toll.
    Or worse, if they use the car for a robbery it traces right back to the seller.

Then the new owner can get as many parking and speeding tickets as they like and never pay the M50 toll.
    Or worse, if they use the car for a robbery it traces right back to the seller.

Ah right, it makes sense now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Very sad news about the crash in Cavan - was gonna start a thread on it until I saw the one in Motorsport locked.

RIP to those involved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement