Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

debt advice

Options
  • 30-04-2012 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey I'm new to this and was wondering has anyone heard of cornerstone financial,I was looking in debt advice for help,sent off my phone number and a lady called me back,it sounded too good to be true!!has anyone used this service before or even heard of them???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't mean to pry but roughly what do you owe and where is it owed credit cards etc, credit union etc?
    Don't know who that crowd is you called but i'd say it's not who you should really be talking with. It's the people who are owed the debt are the most able to help you get a handle on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

it sounded too good to be true

In my experinece, if it sounds too good to be true, it almost certainly is. Try www.mabs.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 helen48

Ya its loans that i can't keep up with i filled up a form online and they rang me saying they would deal with all the bills on my behalf,she said she would post out info,that basicaly they would arrange for my repayments be lowered but extended,they would charge a fee but all would be done on what i could afford to repay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Bad news going near them. They will take the first 3-4 payments you make as their "fee". All the while the people you owe will be annoyed at no payments and might pursue other avenues. So...avoid,avoid,avoid.

If you are having problems repaying any debts, you should contact the companies involved first and see if there is anything that can be done. Explain your circumstances and see what they say, if nothing can be done, contact your local MABS and arrange an appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 helen48

Ya thank u, I was contacted again by one and they were way too pushy even going to send someone out to my house to speak to me in person. I will try and sort it out myself and contact them,many thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement