Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mature student

• 30-04-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have an interview in sport rehabilitation and athletic therapy this thursday and i was wondering what to wear and what kind of questions i might be prepared for. My track record in job interviews is not great and want to be a little better prepared this time if possible.
    I have some courses done through Fas which might help and i do have a backround in sport which i was told in the open day is a definite plus but still, i guess that a little doubt is setting in for my interview capabilities.:(. Any help would be great:)thanks.

this is my first post so heres to getting this one right:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

Try to look smart and professional - no GAA shirts, belly tops or tracksuits!
    You need to show that you are ready to come to college and have put thought into getting to and from IT Carlow, financing yourself and that you know a lot about the course and what options are available to you. Be prepared to explain why you want to do this course, why do you want to do it now and what you have to offer IT Carlow. Have some questions ready to ask the interviewers - how many hours in college, work placement, what could you do to be as prepared as possible for September, when will you hear? If you have a copy of the application read over it before you go in so you can remember what you wrote back when you applied. Try to be chatty, don't give single word answers, the interviewers are not too bad, they want to take as many people in as possible and will do their best to make the interview painless.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lynchmob

Thanks for the reply i am very grateful sometimes you need to hear/read what you are already thinking for it to sink in .In my previous life i was a damn good plasterer and tiler so i got in touch with a clinic owner that i done a job for and asked about some observing time.
    He said there was no problem in fact he went on to tell me how he changed profession when he was younger and how he asked a professor in much similar fashion to myself about observing in his clinic .Pay forward is what he said on the provision that when not if i graduate if i were asked by someone to observe i would give them every chance in the future.:)
    Thanks again Queenalocin

Are you in college yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

lynchmob wrote: »

Are you in college yourself?

I'd tell you but then I would have to kill you!!:rolleyes:
    How did interview go?

The interview didnt go as well as i taught it would :(. i think they might have pointed me in the right direction with my second choice being better for me so i can get a better understanding of the subjects :). So its fingers crossed till the 4th of July . i got some great news from a chiropractor/accupunturist that he would give me observation time in his clinic to bolster my understanding of how things operate in a clinic so all in all its looking good but as long as i get in the door ,thats the most important thing.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Wolfie55

Hey did you get offered a place on this course?? I received my offer for it yesterday,

• Advertisement

No i didnt but i am looking into options for leading into next year thats if i dont get a place in the next round of offers . :(

Advertisement