Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with ripplecomm

• 30-04-2012 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all
    Just a quick query/rant

We signed up with last mile broadband 2+ years ago and have had no major problems with the service at all. we paid the usual connection fee plus the monthly dd.
    Now that Ripplecomm have taken over it was going grand untill we got a call saying that we have to pay new connection fee because they want to upgrade the equipment for faster access.I am happy with the connection and dont really need any upgrades,but they said the mast is moving from monksland to the to of the sheraton supposedly.
    can anyone give an insight to what i can do here because im getting the impression that i will be cut off. Should i be paying 2 connection fee's here ?

Thanks
    S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Shanehun wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just a quick query/rant

We signed up with last mile broadband 2+ years ago and have had no major problems with the service at all. we paid the usual connection fee plus the monthly dd.
    Now that Ripplecomm have taken over it was going grand untill we got a call saying that we have to pay new connection fee because they want to upgrade the equipment for faster access.I am happy with the connection and dont really need any upgrades,but they said the mast is moving from monksland to the to of the sheraton supposedly.
    can anyone give an insight to what i can do here because im getting the impression that i will be cut off. Should i be paying 2 connection fee's here ?

Thanks
    S

Last Mile used to be HQ's in Monksland and I think they used a watertower out there as a mast. The move to the Sheraton is to provide more coverage and perhaps consolidate masts. At the same time they are probably taking the opportunity to move to a more modern platform (hence the offer of better service) and a more common platform across all the businesses they acquired.

Unfortunately in your case you will have to read the T&C's of your contract and I expect it will tell you they can walk away by giving you a certain amount of notice so if you refuse they can take that option. However I'm sure they wont want to lose a customer so dig in and try at least get a cheaper install.

There are other operators on the Sheraton so you can shop around if they are determined to cut you off.

Advertisement