Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage interest relief from budget 2012

Options
  • 30-04-2012 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

hi
    just wondering if any1 got their trs credits from the last budget, i.e if you bought your house in the boom, we bought ours in 2006 and have recieved nothing, it says we should recieve something by the end of 2012 just curious to see if any1 had recieved theres and how much did they get? not sure how much i am due to recieve, every penny helps;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I haven't heard anything yet either, this thread reminds me that I need to phone tha bank and see what is what!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Ronan H wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything yet either, this thread reminds me that I need to phone tha bank and see what is what!
    would be worth a call on it alright, we are now coming in2 May and ive heard nothing, im with ulster bank :rolleyes:

I am with UB too. I just called and the branch is closed but whoever I spoke to said she would get someone from the mortgage department to call me tomorrow. I will report back with anything relevant...

Ronan H wrote: »
    I am with UB too. I just called and the branch is closed but whoever I spoke to said she would get someone from the mortgage department to call me tomorrow. I will report back with anything relevant...

oh brill , yea defo keep me posted, will be interested to see what the story is on it for us & others...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭helen1

I checked with UB last month and was told it would be June

• Advertisement

Cool Helen. Let's see how consistent they are tomorrow with their information when they phone me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Thanks. I have been meaning to call UB, but keep forgetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

a few people on askabout mooney have said august as reported by the revenue.

1890 46 36 26
    im with UB also, i dont think they will be able to see the trs payment made for the month of may tomorrow, due to the central bank being closed tomorrow.
    best thing is to leave it till wednesday and ask if the trs payment is same or has changed.
    any way it will be implemented, and everybody will get the trs owed since the start of the year.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

helen1 wrote: »
    I checked with UB last month and was told it would be June

thats great, once its within the nxt mth or so id be happy...altho they give it with one hand and take it back with the other :(

OK so Ulster Bank phoned me yesterday to say (of course) that it was nothing to do with them, and that I had to phone revenue. Typical Irish buck passing bullsh!t as usual, I am sick of this country.

So this morning I did (at the number quoted above by rameire) phone revenue and they said that they have implemented the changes on the system at their end and they are waiting for Ulster Bank to do their bit.

So it appears that I am at the mercy of Ulster Bank, who say that, em, it's nothing to do with them.

Anyway, the helful lady at Revenue said that the figure will not be huge anyway. I am already getting relief at 25% and the increased figure is 30%, which works out at about €12 per month in the difference. That will do me fine.

There you go, not sure how helpful that is but there ya go.

Ro

Edit: By the way, the number above is for the section of revenue that deals specifically with TRS issues. Don't phone the normal revenue number as they don't answer their phones until after 130pm (and that's not hearsay incidentally, it's on their auto recorded message when you phone) each day now due to the paperwork backlog they are clearing.

Boom!

• Advertisement

ah cool thanks for the info guys, havent had a chance to inquire myself, the banks are gas arent they, fair play to the revenue, not sure what relief im getting at the mo must look it up and see , but sure every bit helps is right;)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Shannonsider

I got onto my lender and they advised me to contact Revenue. Revenue advised that it won't be applied on a monthly basis as the relief is calculated on the 2011 interest bill I paid. They have said it will be closer to the end of the year before my lender knows how much interest I am due to pay cab be revealed.

Maybe it's different with every institution.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

BOI customers got theirs earlier in the year and kbc customers got theirs this month

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

I have a mortgage with AIB. I rang then last month and they said they were in the process of adjusting their system and had no timeframe as to how long it would take for customers to be on the new trs rates... Still no sign of any change this month :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ICS appear to have started paying this at the higher rate this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

seamus wrote: »
    ICS appear to have started paying this at the higher rate this month.

Yes, we got a slight increase from them too. All welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

cjlawlor wrote: »
    I have a mortgage with AIB. I rang then last month and they said they were in the process of adjusting their system and had no timeframe as to how long it would take for customers to be on the new trs rates... Still no sign of any change this month :-(

I am also with AIB and was sick of waiting so I rang the number provided above (1890 46 36 26) and the revenue were very good and organised everything for me over the phone (have your PPS number and mortgage details to hand to speed things up). I was sorted out after there and then which I think is great service. they promise me the correct rates will be applied next mortgage payment and also the back money is on its way soon. I really don't think AIB were interested in helping me.

still nothing this end from UB, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭helen1

Ulster Bank originally told me June so its obviously not going to happen then as i think they need to give you two weeks notice before they change your DD

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

I've a tracker mortgage with AIB, extra €20 in my account this month....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Would there be money owed (backdated) since january?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Would there be money owed (backdated) since january?

AFAIK, yes.

helen1 wrote: »
    Ulster Bank originally told me June so its obviously not going to happen then as i think they need to give you two weeks notice before they change your DD

ah it may happen we have 2wks left, but we shall see

we should open a book at this stage
    i predict December for the trs to be corrected with UB

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

watching the consumer show on RTE this evening - very interesting and informative show

Tonight they put a statement on their website from each of the banks on mortgage interest relief due from the budget

http://www.rte.ie/tv/theconsumershow/s3prog3.html#s3a2

Ulster Bank - changes will not be implemented until the end of year - 25% rate has been applied to accounts in interim period

What exactly does this mean ?:confused: i get the end of the year bit, but what about the "rate has been applied to accounts in the interim period"..:confused:

Play Bunny wrote: »
    Ulster Bank - changes will not be implemented until the end of year - 25% rate has been applied to accounts in interim period

What exactly does this mean ?:confused: i get the end of the year bit, but what about the "rate has been applied to accounts in the interim period"..:confused:

It means the people who should be getting the 30% will get 25% until they get the trs fix in.
    When they get the fix in you will then get the 30% and any trs due since the start of the year. Ie the other 5%

rameire wrote: »
    It means the people who should be getting the 30% will get 25% until they get the trs fix in.
    When they get the fix in you will then get the 30% and any trs due since the start of the year. Ie the other 5%

ah grand stuff, havent seen anything this end just yet, banks:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How does the Ulster Bank take twice as long as everyone else to implement it? They at the back of the queue to get the new trained monkeys?

I think I'll have to call them since I'm sure I'm currently on 20%, even though I was on 22.5% before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

I'm on tracker with Ulster Bank, spoke to them yesterday, she just told me that their IT systems were not able to handle the extra few %, and they might get round to it by end of the summer, and i should ring back then! She admitted that Revenue had everything sorted their end and UB were the ones at fault

Advertisement