Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipboard cut to size

• 30-04-2012 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know of places out on the northside of Dublin that you can buy chipboard and get it cut to size? Was out in Woodies yesterday who said they don't do it anymore, plus the fact that their prices are ridiculous.

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

GK1001 wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone know of places out on the northside of Dublin that you can buy chipboard and get it cut to size? Was out in Woodies yesterday who said they don't do it anymore, plus the fact that their prices are ridiculous.

Cheers

Higganbothams in Newtown Industrial Estate,Coolock (around the corner from Chadwicks).
    Ive used them before and they really are a nice company to deal with,they will do the job,no matter how small or big a task it is.:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Not sure if they do chipboard but Woodgrey in the same location are also worth a look.
    I've used them several times without any problems.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hermy wrote: »
    Not sure if they do chipboard but Woodgrey in the same location are also worth a look.
    I've used them several times without any problems.

Woodgrey do sell and cut chipboard to size and they sell 18mm plywood sheets too.

Ive used both Higganbotham and Woodgrey and both are as good as each other.

Woodgrey cant cut anything thicker than 3 inches though.:(

I got Higanbothams to cut an 8 foot long railway sleeper right down the middle for me.:)

They wouldnt take any money off me for doing it,just asked me to spread their name about and give them a bit of a thumbs up if I knew anyone looking for any sort of wood and cutting services.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

Try http://www.larrysdiy.com/ on Grace Park Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Cheers lads, all very much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement