Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how good is gaming for stress relief?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

In terms of gaming I've always found mmo's to be a great escape from the stresses of rl. You can get caught up in the story and the experience isn't over in a few short hours.

The whole social apsect of them helps too, the relative anonymity of an mmo can make it easier to develop friendships within the game which can lead to rl friendships.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Playing online against other people in something like battlefield stresses me out no end. Smashing the mouse against the desk and punching the keyboard is all part of the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

There was always a dick who would turn off the console if he lost the match cause he spent so much time building up his team he couldn't have a loss on his save profile.

he was a friend and his name was a, eh, Yoshimitsu, (damn why cant I think of any names that don't come from video games?)

Advertisement