Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on cover bet

Options
  • 30-04-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

So I put on a bet last year, it was a 100 euro speculative accumulator.

To get to the point, only 3 of the bets are still open, and 2 of those are as good as won. But the other selection is that I need both Arsenal and Chelsea to finish in the top 4.

Im confident in Arsenal. But not so with Chelsea, with the FA Cup final and CL final on their minds, and having to play Newcastle and Liverpool in their run in. Whereas Spurs have a handy run in imo.
    I'd be willing to take a chance on Newcastle not making the top 4 with their run in.

If the selection were to win id net a 5 figure sum btw.

So im wondering should I try to cover now, on Spurs to finish in the top 4, at 4/5? Or wait and hope Chelsea beat Newcastle, and Spurs slip up away to Bolton on Wednesday?
    Or any better ideas?

One problem is that I dont have a lot of funds available, so would only be able to cover to win a small fraction of the possible winnings with the 4/5 odds.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have a similar one myself, have also got Chelsea to be top 4 in it as the final piece, Celtic for the league, Charlton for the league and Madrid for the league are all in, Madrid hasnt been confirmed yet, but its done

I have covered the bet by backing Spurs and Newcastle for top 4 finishes also, guarantees profit and even though the gambler in you would want to leave out one of them there really is no point, in my case, if Chelsea oblige, I am worth a fortune, if Spurs do, Im very happy, if Newcastle do Im happier then if Spurs do.

There is no outcome that can make me unhappy that I can think of though.

Always cover, Chelsea have got big cup games and you have to wonder how much focus they will really put on the league

Edit: Sorry just saw the last part, if you have somebody you know that could help you in regards a loan then I advise you to do it, let them see the bet you have running so they can see the permutations of it and then show them how much you need to cover the bet. Offer an extra on top of the loan repayment, it makes your profit smaller but it does guarantee you profit?

This would have to be someone you know well of course, not a loan shark or anything like that. If you don't have someone who can do that for you then your out of luck I guess, I would be like you and would just take Spurs if I had to choose one. Do not get involved with anybody shady ever.

Advertisement