Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinion on panel

Options
  • 30-04-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

hi

Just presently getting a couple of quotes to upgrade/repalce present old system.
    I wondered if anyone had an opinion/experience -positive /negative on this panel -
    1070 Zone Control Panel (type HKC)

Any advice appreciated = Just weighing up the options at the mo!

expensive items!!

thks in advance

Minder

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would look at the 10/70 and the Siemens 4000 series.
    Price wise they are similar but with some nice extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

minder2009 wrote: »
    hi

Just presently getting a couple of quotes to upgrade/repalce present old system.
    I wondered if anyone had an opinion/experience -positive /negative on this panel -

expensive items!!

thks in advance

Minder

It's an excellent panel, you won't be disappointed. I install them a lot and have had very few problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

hi

expensive items!!

thks in advance

Minder

I too use this system a lot and have no issues either.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

Thanks a lot Fred and Altor ... Much obliged. I am aware that other panels eg Siemens have a useful facility that you can send texts remotely eg turn off the alarm or indeed ... Put on the heat! Not that I need them but maybe handy to have if I wanted to add these options at a future date I don't think the hkc has that . I presume u can add lights to the hkc with relay and proper output on panel in event of activation? And switch them in from rkp also? Thanks for advice
    Minder

Thanks a lot Fred and Altor ... Much obliged. I am aware that other panels eg Siemens have a useful facility that you can send texts remotely eg turn off the alarm or indeed ... Put on the heat! Not that I need them but maybe handy to have if I wanted to add these options at a future date I don't think the hkc has that . I presume u can add lights to the hkc with relay and proper output on panel in event of activation? And switch them in from rkp also? Thanks for advice
    Minder

Thats correct. With the HKC GSM you can have remote access to turn on lights and heat plus turn on and off the alarm system. The X-10 on the SPC is a better option as this works off the mains wiring in your home.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The HKC will do that in a more roundabout way.
    The siemens has the flexibility of X10 , Mapping gates & cause & effect.
    It makes anything switchable via any action of the alarm with out any extra work.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

That's great thanks . . I didn't think the hkc could have those options ... Good to know for the future .... Thks again

That's great thanks . . I didn't think the hkc could have those options ... Good to know for the future .... Thks again

Your welcome minder, any other question you know where we are ;)

Your welcome if you need any more info give us a shout.

Advertisement