Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Google the only Cloud Show in Town?

Options
  • 30-04-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed LG launched a new cloud service, HTC have one, Sony, Nokia, Apple there all at it trying to get our data into their clouds.
    I use an android and all the manufacturers make android phones with the exception of Nokia (I bet they'll make them yet) and Apple.

Are they all facing a loosing battle against Google? To me it's as handy use google to back up things and it also means it's simple for me to switch to any modern phone and keep all my data (well bar an iphone or nokia).

So what do you think have google got the cloud nailed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If they expand google drive, I think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

....Are they all facing a loosing battle against Google?.....
    So what do you think have google got the cloud nailed?

Depends what you think the battle is. Is the battle to have the biggest market share, or is it to make the most money. Why have the biggest market share if not to make more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Agree with this. Define winning

Apple and Microsoft had their cloud service for a while now. SkyDrive been available for ages.

I don't think its a matter of them trying to get stuff onto the cloud, its a good way to expand the storage of your handset without the need of extra hardware.

Ive loaded up all my photos and documents onto the SkyDrive and that saves me syncing them all the time as the photos come up as normal photos in the picture hub. Documents come up as normal local documents in Office Hub. Saves me 8GB of space of my phone and my desktop + laptop and I can access them anywhere anytime.

Advertisement