Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor PAYG New Plan & EU Data Roaming Add-on

Options
  • 30-04-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

I spotted a new tariff which sounds interesting. Can anyone shed some light it and when it'll be offered? It isn't the first time something appeared in the My Meteor section a while before it was officially offered.
    Pre-Pay Anytime Online

Love the internet? Well now you can get free internet with every top up level with
    Anytime Online, even from as little as €5. Not only that but you still get either free calls, free texts and more free data or a mix of all three depending on how much you top up by.

Also an EU Data add-on has appeared for €19.99 for 50MB & 30 days. Which will be offed when you arrive in an applicable country. Seems a little steep but based on the July 2012 maximum rate (70c before VAT) 50MB would set you back a whopping €43!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Interesting.

It is not yet on the Meteor public website. Maybe it launches tomorrow?

How much data are they giving away with a top up?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ReadySteadyGo

€5 Free Meteor text and internet 50MB

€10 Free Meteor talk and internet 100MB

€20 Free Meteor talk, text and internet 250MB

€20 Free Meteor talk, text and internet 250MB

This currently costs 30.00 EUR per month. Is there a new 30.00 EUR plan?

Meteor/Eircom are clearly been more aggressive.

Ports from Meteor to Three and 48 must still be high.

AFAIK, there is no extra benefit for topping up more than 20.
    You have to choose to switch this plan of offers in mymeteor, i.e. if you just top up, you will get the older pricing/offer.

The only thing I am unsure about is if new customers, will still get the extra 20 euros credit, when they top up by 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Fungus wrote: »
    This currently costs 30.00 EUR per month. Is there a new 30.00 EUR plan?

The old 30 euro plan gives you 1GB data, this is less than before.

• Advertisement

The old 20 had no internet ;-)

Anyway, can't you stick with the old plan if you prefer it?

The only thing I am unsure about is if new customers, will still get the extra 20 euros credit, when they top up by 20 euro.

Other ts and cs seem to indicate the 20 euro matching bonus credit for new customers still applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Looks interesting, wouldn't mind seeing all of the options available.

On a slight aside, what's Meteor's mobile internet like these days?
    I was with them back im October/November and had awful trouble with anything that used https - facebook, Microsoft Exchange, certain apps, online banking even mymeteor.ie. Are there still issues with it?

BTW, if you are interested in accessing the mobile internet, and price, then maybe you are unhappy with the way meteor and other mobile phone companies silently charge for data.

Is so, here is a chance to express your discontent.

Please can you read this, and thank the appropriate posts on the meteor forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056625123

Anyone know why these plans are still not listed on the Meteor public webpages? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 aware

Maybe because they're OP wishful thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

aware wrote: »
    Maybe because they're OP wishful thinking?

If you must...

arsehole.png

:rolleyes:
    Fungus wrote: »
    Anyone know why these plans are still not listed on the Meteor public webpages? Thanks.

Same thing happened before Anytime Choice and the Data Add-ons were launched. They appeared on My Meteor a few days to a week before they were officially launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aware

I top up by 30 and get free any network calls with the mighty top up deal.

i don't want to risk losing that by clicking the change call plan button unless you could confirm if the internet is on top of the existing all the Mighty top up deals.

You have to select the other plan to qualify, and you will lose the plan you are on. After 30 days, if your old plan is still available, you could choose it again. If you make a lot of off-network calls I would not switch.

I imagine Meteor,deliberately don't advertise new plans, in order to have a form of soft-launch. This is sensible business policy. It gives them a chance to test the new offering, with a low number of users on the plan. They can iron out any quirks with billing, see if the uptake rate are too low or too high etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 15 change

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Also an EU Data add-on has appeared for €19.99 for 50MB & 30 days. Which will be offed when you arrive in an applicable country. Seems a little steep but based on the July 2012 maximum rate (70c before VAT) 50MB would set you back a whopping €43!

In that EU Data add-on; is 50MB a daily allowance each day for 30 days or 50MB in total within 30 days? How much would it be for MB over daily allowance? Can't find in in T&C. It is just written that "You will also be presented with the opportunity to purchase a bundle for €19.99 with 50MB of data".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

change wrote: »
    In that EU Data add-on; is 50MB a daily allowance each day for 30 days or 50MB in total within 30 days? How much would it be for MB over daily allowance? Can't find in in T&C. It is just written that "You will also be presented with the opportunity to purchase a bundle for €19.99 with 50MB of data".

You'd get 50MB in total for a 30 day period. At the moment a 1MB is 99c from July this year it'll be 70c plus VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 change

Stevek101 wrote: »
    You'd get 50MB in total for a 30 day period. At the moment a 1MB is 99c from July this year it'll be 70c plus VAT.

Thanks.

I planned to use Google Navigator during my holidays in EU, but 50MB is not enough for it. I suppose I will have to unlock my phone and buy SIM cards abroad to get cheaper local data bundles.

Advertisement