Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Expedia.ie any good?

Options
  • 30-04-2012 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking at the flight and was about to book when I checked skyscanner again - virgin site is €1030, and expedia.ie has the same flight for €956. How can they do it cheaper?
    I'm just wondering if there is a catch with expedia.ie - I've never booked with them before.
    What do you think? Thanks for any advice
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Sometimes travel agencies have block purchased fares available to them when the airline has already sold out of their allocation of seats at that price. Personally I tend to book direct with the airline, even if it does cost a little more. Less hassle I'd something does go wrong as you don't end up dealing with a middleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Personally I just always go for the cheapest option, for monetary reasons. I've mostly booked through other agencies rather than direct, most airlines are more expensive with direct booking. I don't see an issue with booking with expedia. I always get travel insurance anyway, irrespective of who I book with...

Advertisement