Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last stage of canadian residency and I got a question!

Options
  • 30-04-2012 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Hey there!

I am in the last stage of getting residency in Canada and maybe some people out there that went through the same thing can help me out!

I got the information packet today and was happy to see I do not need to send my passport to them (this ended in December of last year for Irish passport holders) but I still need to take (more!!) pictures and send them, this time it doesn't seem as easy as getting them done from a passport machine or the pharmacy up the road as they are different dimensions then before and want to be printed on matte paper.

What I want to know is do these photographs need to be taken professionally? I thought the expense side of this journey was over :(

What did other people in the same situation do?

Thanks for any information you can give me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Limericks wrote: »
    Hey there!

I am in the last stage of getting residency in Canada and maybe some people out there that went through the same thing can help me out!

I got the information packet today and was happy to see I do not need to send my passport to them (this ended in December of last year for Irish passport holders) but I still need to take (more!!) pictures and send them, this time it doesn't seem as easy as getting them done from a passport machine or the pharmacy up the road as they are different dimensions then before and want to be printed on matte paper.

What I want to know is do these photographs need to be taken professionally? I thought the expense side of this journey was over :(

What did other people in the same situation do?

Thanks for any information you can give me!

Go to a camera shop/printers and ask them If they can print to the said dimension and on Matt paper!

If they say yes, have your passport and camera with you, take a picture, hand then your memory card.

If no, chances are they can tell you where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Limericks where in Canada are you? Passport photos here are expensive. I know a cheap place in Toronto that does them for $6.99. I asked at Walmart and they said $23.99 for 2 i was like :eek:

NoelAPM wrote: »
    Go to a camera shop/printers and ask them If they can print to the said dimension and on Matt paper!

If they say yes, have your passport and camera with you, take a picture, hand then your memory card.

If no, chances are they can tell you where to go.

Good idea, i may also go to the pharmacies and see if they can do it. The instructions say matte paper but do you know if they mean matte photo paper or simple matte paper?
    jjbrien wrote: »
    Limericks where in Canada are you? Passport photos here are expensive. I know a cheap place in Toronto that does them for $6.99. I asked at Walmart and they said $23.99 for 2 i was like :eek:

I am not in Canada right now still here in Ireland. I am doing this through the embassy in the UK.

After 2 long years and 2 medicals (the first one lapsed as they took too long to process the application) I am almost there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Good idea, i may also go to the pharmacies and see if they can do it. The instructions say matte paper but do you know if they mean matte photo paper or simple matte paper?

I am not in Canada right now still here in Ireland. I am doing this through the embassy in the UK.

After 2 long years and 2 medicals (the first one lapsed as they took too long to process the application) I am almost there!

did you send photos the first time? They are very sticky on the size etc make sure they conform to the standards set out on the CIC website

• Advertisement

jjbrien wrote: »
    did you send photos the first time? They are very sticky on the size etc make sure they conform to the standards set out on the CIC website

I have sent about 4 sets of photo's at this stage! Each time before passport type photographs were fine but now they need different types. I am just confused when they say matte paper do they mean matte photopaper or just regular matte paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

I have sent about 4 sets of photo's at this stage! Each time before passport type photographs were fine but now they need different types. I am just confused when they say matte paper do they mean matte photopaper or just regular matte paper.

Matte photo paper.
    If you are still in Ireland and possibly in Dublin? try Conns Cameras in Clarendon St, Dublin 2. Pharmacies will charge a fortune and they don't even process them there. Try another camera shop if you're not in Dublin.

Advertisement